collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by RamboandBruno
[Today at 04:16:51 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air
[Today at 04:12:53 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by aj2k77
[Today at 04:08:51 PM]

Robin Olsen by KevinGage
[Today at 04:08:45 PM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 04:06:10 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 03:28:55 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by RamboandBruno
[Today at 04:16:51 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Richard E
[Today at 04:16:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by LeeB
[Today at 04:15:18 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 04:12:55 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air
[Today at 04:12:53 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by olaftab
[Today at 04:12:09 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Smithy
[Today at 04:11:16 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by VillaTim
[Today at 04:10:48 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa fans accost public enemy No.1 Steve Hodge on his return to Villa Par  (Read 14923 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Maybe because he spent so much time on Button Moon he forgot about us.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
How did Platt leave under a cloud?  That's an odd one.

Learning Italian and pining for a move to Italy while still playing for us. He couldn't leave fast enough the spoon faced cock socket.

Also seems to forget he ever played for us, let alone how we turned him from a lower leagues player into an England regular.

These days, if you do get a peep out of him about us, it is almost never positive, and invariably without the slightest hint of affection for the club.

Great player for us, but an unlikable bell end with a frankly ridiculous face.

The ridiculous faced c***.

Fuggly wife too.

Offline rob_bridge

Stephen Ireland gotta be up there for me.

Online enigma

David ginola hasn't been mentioned. Twat.

What did Ginola do wrong? Can't remember him doing anything out of line except not be as good as he used to be. Not his fault he got old.

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There

What did Ginola do wrong? Can't remember him doing anything out of line except not be as good as he used to be. Not his fault he got old.

he is a twat though.

loved how Rodney Marsh dealt with him, on sky sports , "dave" pmsl

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022

he is a twat though.

loved how Rodney Marsh dealt with him, on sky sports , "dave" pmsl

another twat...

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
Stephen Ireland gotta be up there for me.

over rated , over paid Twat

Offline nuninho

Gary Penrice.  Another cock.

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
Can we bring back the auto change thingy for anyone mentioned on this thread. Especially the first one.

Online TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
Gary Penrice.  Another cock.

To me, being signed and then being found not to be good enough doesn't make a player a cock in my eyes. Penrice falls into that category.

Having talent and squandering it for whatever reason does (e.g. Callaghan, Collymore).

But my biggest revulsion is for players who were stars, crowd favourites and who then shat on us.  Especially when it was the Villa where they made their reputation or accelerated their career.  Hodge falls squarely into that category. 

I don't mind players leaving. That's the reality of the sport.  I even accept that some of them further their career by moving away from Villa Park.  But at least leave with a good word and a nod to how playing for the club has been the privilege that thousands and thousands of us would give our eye-teeth to have the opportunity to do.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
Don't agree at all about Gary Penrice.

Heard him speak a few years back and spoke well of his time here, probably knows he was a bit fortunate to even play for us.

Amazing goal at VP against Arsenal too. Not good enough maybe, but certainly not a Hodge.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
I saw him who shall not be named in HMV in Nottingham in about 1991 and had to restrain myself from attacking him.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
He's not the only one to leave under a cloud - Staunton, Southgate, Ehiogu, Andy Gray (three times), Unsworth, Yorke, Young, Downing, Barry, Platt, Solano, Bosnich all fucked us over to varying degrees.

And I don't like any of them!

Players like Gibson and Milner left for arguably better clubs with some dignity, unlike that litany of twats.

wouldnt hold it against any of the above to be fair. All (with the exception of Unsworth and his missus) did the business for us in a Villa shirt. Most of the above would be in with a shout of being in the best X1 Villa players of the last 25 years. Sometimes players like employees in other industries have to engineer circumstances to get a move. I wouldnt hold it against the above anyway.

The likes of Collymore, Curcic, Makoun, Nzogbia, Ireland have all been big money signings who displayed a complete lack of professionalism on and off the pitch during their respective times at the club. For all his positive soundbites about "his" club in the media these days, Stanley Victor Collymore to my mind destroyed the team he walked into and the manager over it during his time at the club. Regardless of what was going on in his personal life he was a complete disgrace during his time at Villa Park.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
How did Platt leave under a cloud?  That's an odd one.

Learning Italian and pining for a move to Italy while still playing for us. He couldn't leave fast enough the spoon faced cock socket.

Also seems to forget he ever played for us, let alone how we turned him from a lower leagues player into an England regular.

These days, if you do get a peep out of him about us, it is almost never positive, and invariably without the slightest hint of affection for the club.

Great player for us, but an unlikable bell end with a frankly ridiculous face.

The ridiculous faced c***.

Chuckle.

Offline SO Villa

He's not the only one to leave under a cloud - Staunton, Southgate, Ehiogu, Andy Gray (three times), Unsworth, Yorke, Young, Downing, Barry, Platt, Solano, Bosnich all fucked us over to varying degrees.

And I don't like any of them!

Players like Gibson and Milner left for arguably better clubs with some dignity, unlike that litany of twats.

wouldnt hold it against any of the above to be fair. All (with the exception of Unsworth and his missus) did the business for us in a Villa shirt. Most of the above would be in with a shout of being in the best X1 Villa players of the last 25 years. Sometimes players like employees in other industries have to engineer circumstances to get a move. I wouldnt hold it against the above anyway.

The likes of Collymore, Curcic, Makoun, Nzogbia, Ireland have all been big money signings who displayed a complete lack of professionalism on and off the pitch during their respective times at the club. For all his positive soundbites about "his" club in the media these days, Stanley Victor Collymore to my mind destroyed the team he walked into and the manager over it during his time at the club. Regardless of what was going on in his personal life he was a complete disgrace during his time at Villa Park.
I agree entirely about Collymore. It turns my stomach hearing the way he gushes about the club these days given his pitiful commitment when he was playing for us.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal