collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 25 years today  (Read 13301 times)

Offline Leicester_Villian

Re: 25 years today
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2014, 06:53:40 PM »
"I am sure the Police officers who policed the Leppings Lane end that day are haunted by their decisions and indecisions, as are those Liverpool fans who crushed their own.Neither acted willfully."

I agree with the above comment ...... there were lots of factors but nobody wanted what happened to happen

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2014, 06:55:19 PM »
Seems we all seem to believe Liverpool fans were innocent then ...........

Guess they were also innocent at another game when many were killed ............ where is the justice for those guys? Or have the media misled us again?

The biggest tragedy in my eyes in football stadiums in the past 25 years was Bradford and that just almost passes without a mention ........

I am not anti Liverpool but the coverage in my eyes is simply OTT

Heysel was caused by football hooliganism. The authorities lied and said Hillsborough was about football hooliganism.

You see the difference, right?

Why was Bradford more of a tragedy than Hillsborough? Where have you formed your opinion on Hillsborough? Have you ever arrived late for kick off? Have you ever had a drink before a game? Have you ever been to a football match?

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2014, 07:00:20 PM »

Guess they were also innocent at another game when many were killed ............ where is the justice for those guys? Or have the media misled us again?

The biggest tragedy in my eyes in football stadiums in the past 25 years was Bradford and that just almost passes without a mention ........

You are coming across as extremely anti Liverpool though.

What do you make of 116 police statements, that originally showed the police in a negative light being amended?
What do you make of David Duckenfield lying and saying that it was Liverpool fans who forced the gate, when in reality it was his order for the gate to be opened?
What do you think of the unprecedented decision to take blood alcohol level readings from the dead, regardless of age?
What do you think of the coroners decision to state that all had effectively died by 3:15, allowing the police and other emergency services actions after to go unchallenged?

As for "all believing the Liverpool fans were innocent then"

Well, even though it's pretty easy for us to work that one out all by ourselves, we also have the Taylor report, and the findings of the Hillsborough independent panel to back up that opinion.

You on the other hand, have the "Truth" article the sun penned in 89, and the accounts of the completely discredited South Yorkshire Police force to back up your viewpoint.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2014, 07:01:14 PM »
I am shocked that with everything that has been said and written about that terrible day that there are still people so ill informed that they still peddle the same clichéd myths.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2014, 07:02:34 PM »

What you've written is a microcosm of this article:

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2013/05/what-about-justice-for-heysel/

"They turned up late, they were pissed, they didn't have tickets."

"It's been proved that they didn't, they weren't and they did."

"Er, well what about Heysel then?"
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 07:07:39 PM by dave.woodhall »

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2014, 07:08:27 PM »
As was pointed out by the initial article, it was only a matter of time before a tragedy of this kind occurred.

I was in the seats at that game at West Ham, I was also in the crush outside Ipswich in '87 where we spent the first fifteen minutes of the game sitting down with a cold drink recovering from the crush, I was at Swindon where it happened again and many on here can recall other situations where luck conspired to keep us all alive.

The first reaction of many fans I spoke to after Hillsborough was of sad inevitability given past experience, and a sigh of relief.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2014, 07:08:35 PM »
West Ham away in the League Cup, in the January prior to Hillsborough. It could so easily have been us.

The only game I've walked away from before getting in. It was awful outside and I decided more beer would be better than bothering to watch in discomfort. Glad I did when I heard some of the stories on the way back afterwards.

Offline Steve kirk

« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2014, 07:14:07 PM »
The disgrace following that tragic day was how Thatchers Tory government and the police closed ranks and lied through there teeth, they are still lying about it to this day.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2014, 07:17:03 PM »
I suppose we'll never know how much the police lied to the government at the time. They lied to everyone else.

Offline ACVilla

• GM : 16.03.2017
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2014, 07:26:58 PM »
Never, ever forgotten.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2014, 07:30:19 PM »
I see the Man United fanzine 'Red Issue' has stayed classy today.

Can't believe people are still choosing to believe the lies printed in that vile rag. Putting aside your obvious hatred for all things Liverpool can you not understand it could have happened to anybody?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2014, 07:37:10 PM »

Can't believe people are still choosing to believe the lies printed in that vile rag. Putting aside your obvious hatred for all things Liverpool can you not understand it could have happened to anybody?

Red Issue, quite possibly the only thing in print that can make The Sun look tasteful.

Offline Leicester_Villian

« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2014, 07:44:57 PM »

Heysel was caused by football hooliganism. The authorities lied and said Hillsborough was about football hooliganism.

Why was Bradford more of a tragedy than Hillsborough? Where have you formed your opinion on Hillsborough? Have you ever arrived late for kick off? Have you ever had a drink before a game? Have you ever been to a football match?

In answer to your questions ......

I think its obvious why Bradford was more of a tragedy
My opinion is based purely on that ...just the same as yours is on your opinion
If late by seconds
Drink ...NO do that after the game
Maybe never been to a game ........ I watch Villa as a season ticket holder !

Were you actually there? Unlikely so we all have views which are second hand ....but then thats whats good about this country we are are able to have a view !

Dont suppose next we will accept that Gerrard has ever thrown an elbow lol

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2014, 07:48:35 PM »

In answer to your questions ......

I think its obvious why Bradford was more of a tragedy
My opinion is based purely on that ...just the same as yours is on your opinion
If late by seconds
Drink ...NO do that after the game
Maybe never been to a game ........ I watch Villa as a season ticket holder !

Were you actually there? Unlikely so we all have views which are second hand ....but then thats whats good about this country we are are able to have a view !

Dont suppose next we will accept that Gerrard has ever thrown an elbow lol

My opinion is based on the Taylor Report, the Health & Safety Executive's work and the 450,000 pages of evidence gathered after the event. What about yours?

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2014, 07:49:13 PM »

Red Issue, quite possibly the only thing in print that can make The Sun look tasteful.

Gave the world Pete Boyle too. I'm still struggling to get my head round the stupidity of a fellow H&V poster. He even managed to shoehorn Heysel and Bradford in as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal