collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The end-of-season run-in  (Read 12567 times)

Offline levico

Re: The end-of-season run-in
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2014, 06:29:32 PM »
At least Hull and Chelsea won today.

Yup, clutching at straws.

Offline Steve kirk

« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2014, 06:42:45 PM »
Hull play us on May 3rd, they then have 2 more league games before the final on 17th May so dont think they will be resting players against us, we just have to hope their minds are elsewhere.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2014, 06:45:13 PM »
When is the final btw? Have they moved it back to last game or is it on a premier league weekend?

Online Billy Walker

« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2014, 06:47:28 PM »
That truism put so pithily by Stu seems to clear away a lot of mystery.   How can somebody who looks, sounds and acts like Paul Lambert have a master plan?   Answer, he doesn't it's an experiment.   He does look, sound and act like somebody who would experiment.

The question is; is it his or his boss's experiment?

It's his boss's. Lambert just couldn't turn down the chance to manage a club as big as the Villa.
He'll certainly never get another chance.

This is a guess, but buy on the cheap for few years, tread water and then hopefully we would be better financially to buy better players.... As said looks like Randy is no longer interested, I suppose the summer will tell.

It perhaps started out as a hobby for Lerner, but it is definitely solely a business now. He will not go down the road of big players/big wages. No chance.

O'Neill left because it was spelt out, General Krulak disappeared and Lerner no longer attends. Its over for the owner, he's selling (if he can)

...and judging by who he sold the Browns to, I get the impression he won't be too choosy about who he sells on to.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2014, 06:49:45 PM »
Well the Browns he inherited from his father, and by the end he must have just been desperate for absolutely any way out. The Villa, though, are his personal project, from his early support during his university days. I think he cares about the club much more than people seem to think, and there's no way that he's on the take - he just makes a lot of very poor footballing decisions.

Offline Steve kirk

« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2014, 06:50:51 PM »
When is the final btw? Have they moved it back to last game or is it on a premier league weekend?

17th of May

Offline Steve kirk

« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2014, 06:52:17 PM »

17th of May
After the league season has finished for a change, like the old days.

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2014, 06:54:38 PM »
I think we will obtain 1 more point a draw either at SWansea or at home to Hull.
Baggies will get a win and will be the top team in the midlands....FFS ...Lambert prove me wrong!!!!

Online Billy Walker

« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2014, 06:54:57 PM »
Well the Browns he inherited from his father, and by the end he must have just been desperate for absolutely any way out. The Villa, though, are his personal project, from his early support during his university days. I think he cares about the club much more than people seem to think, and there's no way that he's on the take - he just makes a lot of very poor footballing decisions.

Yep, I hope you're right Montbert.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2014, 06:57:14 PM »
I think we will obtain 1 more point a draw either at SWansea or at home to Hull.
Baggies will get a win and will be the top team in the midlands....FFS ...Lambert prove me wrong!!!!

That'll be Stoke City I think...

Offline Steve kirk

« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2014, 07:05:02 PM »

Stoke are a major bogey side for Albion, Odemwingie to send them down on the last day would be wonderful, or worst case keep them below us so we are top west midlands team again.

That'll be Stoke City I think...

Offline bob

« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2014, 07:45:36 PM »
DWDLW

42 points.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2014, 08:55:51 PM »
Two draws, Hull and Swansea. Might just be enough. A heavy defeat at Man City might make the last day very interesting though. Way to close for comfort and this shit has to stop.

Offline Steve R

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2014, 09:53:33 PM »
Hull play us on May 3rd, they then have 2 more league games before the final on 17th May so dont think they will be resting players against us, we just have to hope their minds are elsewhere.

We just need to put in a few tasty tackles in the opening exchanges. I don't think too many Hull players will be take-it or leave-it about playing n the final.

Offline Tugby Villain

• Villa through thick and thin!!!
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2014, 10:33:07 AM »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal