collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Takeover Thread - Recon Group - NOW WITH NEW POLL  (Read 2655197 times)

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
Re: The Still Current Lack of an Imminent Takeover Thread WITH CHILDISH POLL
« Reply #12030 on: May 07, 2016, 08:39:44 AM »
The final judgement on Hollis, probably the only one that matters, will be made on who owns the club going into next season. A good sale will justify his methods but anything else will add him to the growing list of failures both on and off the pitch.

It's a difficult job evaluating new owners.  Who'd have thought that a group of Thai duty free peddlers would turn Leciester City into the most unlikely Premier League champions ever?

True, but we should get an idea of their intentions by what happens in terms of manager and player recruitment (and disposal).

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #12031 on: May 07, 2016, 08:54:34 AM »
As we go into the final stages of Operation Surrender And Downsize, we can say with some confidence Hollis' tenure has been a success according to his remit. We'll have to sift through the bones and ashes before we see how Aston Villa has fared in all this.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #12032 on: May 07, 2016, 09:34:43 AM »
The final judgement on Hollis, probably the only one that matters, will be made on who owns the club going into next season. A good sale will justify his methods but anything else will add him to the growing list of failures both on and off the pitch.
This. He has made some good and some poor decision. The poorest was to do nothing in January and not back Garde.

Which were the good ones?

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #12033 on: May 07, 2016, 09:38:59 AM »
Binning Fox.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #12034 on: May 07, 2016, 09:41:08 AM »
I think the crowd binned Fox.  Hollis simply signed the letter.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #12035 on: May 07, 2016, 09:51:57 AM »
This. He has made some good and some poor decision. The poorest was to do nothing in January and not back Garde.

I think the idea behind the new management structure was sound so that is in his favour even if somewhat undermined by subsequent resignations, although I think that might have had more to do with his boss.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #12036 on: May 07, 2016, 09:55:05 AM »
What's the good decisions?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #12037 on: May 07, 2016, 10:26:39 AM »
If we get new owners who are ambitious and capable of returning us to a position where we can do more than exist in the top flight, then the decisions taken in January to surrender will have been worth it. If it took relegation for the price to be chopped and buyers to be found, then that's surely a better hand than having a 7th season circling the bowl.

Offline ez

« Reply #12038 on: May 07, 2016, 10:29:32 AM »
Getting Brian Little on board if it was him that did it. Can't think of anything else.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #12039 on: May 07, 2016, 10:37:58 AM »
Deciding to call us fans after all was a good decision.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #12040 on: May 07, 2016, 10:47:43 AM »

- Disciplining Gabby. The first club 'manager' in years to show that it isn't a case of anything goes.
- The increase in communications to fans
- Bringing in people with football industry expertise i.e. Little, Bernstein, Bevington

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #12041 on: May 07, 2016, 10:51:09 AM »
Surely nobody who is serious about buying the club is going to do anything without reading the latest Hodgson Report?

Pure jealousy. The looks, the yacht, fast cars and his Hollywood career. Shame on you Jameson.

Damn, sussed.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #12042 on: May 07, 2016, 11:11:30 AM »
Getting Brian Little on board if it was him that did it. Can't think of anything else.

What's Little done of any note though? There may be all sorts going on behind the scenes and I really hope for our sake there is but right now I can't see what he's added.

Online Duncan Shaw

« Reply #12043 on: May 07, 2016, 11:26:29 AM »
I guess I meant I've been impressed with his communication.  Clearly his football board was undermined from above and since then he appears to have thrown all his efforts in to getting us sold, which if he achieves after two years of Randy's dithering will be a good result.  Let's face it we've heard more from him in three months than the whole of Foxy's tenure.

Offline avfcpg

• http://www.flashfitness.me
« Reply #12044 on: May 07, 2016, 12:58:31 PM »
What's the good decisions?
Binning off Fox

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal