collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Back off Andi!  (Read 18698 times)

Offline supertom

Re: Back off Andi!
« Reply #120 on: May 05, 2014, 09:31:20 PM »
He's a young lad, probably a little hot headed. He certainly loves a moan. He's not a happy go lucky, permagrin sort of a player. The bad times obviously get to him.  Commentators made mention that he had acknowledged he was unhappy getting stick from fans, so Andi's obviously seen and heard it. Of late he's been one of the biggest scapegoats rightly or wrongly.

Hopefully he'll learn that he's got to keep his emotions in check. Certainly it's just naivity as much as anything else. I never fault Andi's workrate in any case.

I would also say that fitness has been an issue for him too. I think he's a tad heavy. He's played almost every game and he'd also played through a niggle here and there over the season. He also tends to finish almost every game he starts. He's not a 90 minute player. He runs himself ragged but you wouldn't say he has a brilliant engine. In most games if there's one player who looks like they need pulling off because they're breathing out their ass an hour into the game, it's Weimann. Lambo very rarely takes him off though and hasn't done Andi many favours in that regard.

His form has been very poor yes but he hasn't been helped by being burned out and overplayed. Nor has it helped him being played out of position for most of the last 2 seasons. Hopefully someone gives him an arm round the shoulder and a bit of advice. The best way to make a point to us lot is just keep scoring goals. Don't start making gestures though.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #121 on: May 05, 2014, 10:44:45 PM »
I wasn't impressed with his cupped ears dig at the fans. He's been a sack of shit this season and if he disses the fans again then he can leave as far as I'm concerned.
He needs a much better season next time .
He probably doesn't think much of you either.

Why the sarcastic comment? People are entitled to opinions. Wiemann might think he's not been deserving of the criticism but many of us think he is.

I think you've answered your first sentence with your second sentence. Your third sentence is probably answered by that also!
Thanks, Dribbler.

He may have wound a few people up here but I happen think that the comments are somewhat OTT. He's young, he's a trier and he has a reasonable degree of ability as a finisher. Give the guy a break, is my opinion.

Offline peter w

« Reply #122 on: May 05, 2014, 10:58:15 PM »
I interpreted the ear-cupping thing as aimed at the hull fans after they taunted us with 'going down' chants when they equalised? Could well be wrong though. Very poor if it was aimed at us.

No you're wrong. He stood right in front of the Villa fans in the lower North and cupped his ears. It was clearly a dig at the fans. What a nerve considering the pile of shit he has served up this season.

I'm sure your full version has him giving the wanker sign to the fans as well.

Offline peter w

« Reply #123 on: May 05, 2014, 10:59:50 PM »
He's a young lad, probably a little hot headed. He certainly loves a moan. He's not a happy go lucky, permagrin sort of a player. The bad times obviously get to him.  Commentators made mention that he had acknowledged he was unhappy getting stick from fans, so Andi's obviously seen and heard it. Of late he's been one of the biggest scapegoats rightly or wrongly.

Hopefully he'll learn that he's got to keep his emotions in check. Certainly it's just naivity as much as anything else. I never fault Andi's workrate in any case.

I would also say that fitness has been an issue for him too. I think he's a tad heavy. He's played almost every game and he'd also played through a niggle here and there over the season. He also tends to finish almost every game he starts. He's not a 90 minute player. He runs himself ragged but you wouldn't say he has a brilliant engine. In most games if there's one player who looks like they need pulling off because they're breathing out their ass an hour into the game, it's Weimann. Lambo very rarely takes him off though and hasn't done Andi many favours in that regard.

His form has been very poor yes but he hasn't been helped by being burned out and overplayed. Nor has it helped him being played out of position for most of the last 2 seasons. Hopefully someone gives him an arm round the shoulder and a bit of advice. The best way to make a point to us lot is just keep scoring goals. Don't start making gestures though.

A bit like an early Dwight Yorke then?

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #124 on: May 05, 2014, 11:00:43 PM »
I interpreted the ear-cupping thing as aimed at the hull fans after they taunted us with 'going down' chants when they equalised? Could well be wrong though. Very poor if it was aimed at us.

No you're wrong. He stood right in front of the Villa fans in the lower North and cupped his ears. It was clearly a dig at the fans. What a nerve considering the pile of shit he has served up this season.

Put your dummy back in.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #125 on: May 05, 2014, 11:05:26 PM »
I think any of our team who has the brass neck to make ironic gestures to our fans after this pitiful season deserves any flack they get. Even Vlaar came out and said he felt that the fans' anger (at Swansea) was warranted. Players like Weimann, who have massively under achieved should know better. That's my view and I'm sticking to it!

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #126 on: May 05, 2014, 11:08:30 PM »
I think any of our team who has the brass neck to make ironic gestures to our fans after this pitiful season deserves any flack they get. Even Vlaar came out and said he felt that the fans' anger (at Swansea) was warranted. Players like Weimann, who have massively under achieved should know better. That's my view and I'm sticking to it!

Spot on. And to pretend that it was aimed at Hull fans when he stood right in front of the Villa fans and cupped his ears at them is just laughable. The Hull support were on the other side of the pitch to his right!

Offline supertom

« Reply #127 on: May 05, 2014, 11:14:13 PM »

Well hopefully he'll have even half the success Yorkie had here.

Offline peter w

« Reply #128 on: May 05, 2014, 11:17:42 PM »
To be honest I think he over-achieved last season and he is getting stick which for a young player playing in a team that's not winning will be tough. The jury is out for me regarding his ability and he'll either be a Brian little next to a big man or become an Adrian Heath.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #129 on: May 05, 2014, 11:22:50 PM »

It's nailed on it was aimed at Villa fans.

Offline peter w

« Reply #130 on: May 05, 2014, 11:28:28 PM »
Didn't say it was or wasn't. I personally don't think he is anything other than an excitable young kid. I doubt there was an ounce of malice intended by what he did, but if there is then he needs to learn to put that away.

Offline danno

« Reply #131 on: May 06, 2014, 12:28:53 AM »
As far as I'm concerned he can make all the stupid gestures he wants if he keeps scoring.

I wasn't exactly supportive when I was shouting "run fatty!" at the Sheffield Utd game in Jan.
(he was amongst others friggin useless that day).

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #132 on: May 06, 2014, 12:40:39 AM »

A young Dwight Yorke still had a cracking first touch and could run all day.

If Weimann turns up to pre season with a stone shed and a proper attitude expected of a top player then he can have a second chance.

If he continues this poor me shite, f*ck him off. 6 goals in 40 appearances this season after a nice pay rise last summer, he could do with a few home truths I suspect

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #133 on: May 06, 2014, 08:35:43 AM »
I place a lot of the blame on Lambert for Andi this season.

The guy is clearly a striker. Yes his energy means he can do a job deeper, such as Liverpool away, but he is best played centrally and is pretty dangerous when in the 18 yard box. He is also young and clearly went through a massive drop in form. Not effort, those criticising his effort are dead wrong.

Lambert should have taken him out of the firing line a long time ago and given him a rest. Instead he has been played on, despite of how poorly he has played and without fear of being dropped.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #134 on: May 06, 2014, 08:47:25 AM »
In essence Weimann scored with two basic headed goals. It doesnt mean he is suddenly a highly promising centre forward. He might have a high opinion of himself. If he does he is sadly misguided. He is championship standard at best.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal