collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: f1  (Read 64069 times)

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
Re: f1
« Reply #255 on: July 18, 2021, 04:03:22 PM »
10 second penalty for Hamilton

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #256 on: July 18, 2021, 05:04:10 PM »
Hamilton catches and passes LeClerc with a couple of laps to go and goes on to win.

I’m not a fan of DRS still being operational at the end of a race. It’s not turned on for the first two Laos and should be turned off for the last too.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #257 on: July 18, 2021, 05:54:33 PM »
Because it was lap one, I suspect that Hamilton will get away with that. However, I think that he caused the accident and should be penalised.

It's a racing incident for gods sake. He went up the inside on that corner twice more. Horner a typically salty shit bag yet again. Max has been ultra aggressive all season on lap one, and was again here, and Red Bull making out it was anything else is about what I'd expect from them. Max has a whole road to the left, and turned across completely. The penalties for Perez, twice for the same thing last week, were 5 seconds, so if anything 10s was pretty unfair compared to previous. It's good Max is OK, but Horner coming out with the salty nastiness afterwards is typical of him. He'll cry foul as soon as anyone else does though.

Leclerc didn't hit him on the same move last 2 laps either. Just because Max is ultra aggressive, it doesn't mean all other drivers should just give in. Lewis has done that too often this season.

Offline ozzjim

« Reply #258 on: July 18, 2021, 06:08:57 PM »
3 times this season in very similar incidents Max has come down the inside and Lewis has conceded the space to let him through. Red Bill can't have it both ways.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #259 on: July 18, 2021, 07:05:37 PM »
Hamilton had the line into Copse, Max drove like his Dad for a few moments and off he went.

Offline wince

« Reply #260 on: July 19, 2021, 12:49:05 AM »
Hamilton had the line into Copse, Max drove like his Dad for a few moments and off he went.
I thought it was Hamilton at fault but after seeing it again he had the line and max did not leave the gap. The commentary team were ridiculously ott about what was a racing incident. I’m glad max is ok but does he think we buy the whole disrespect thing if he had won and Lewis ended in the wall?? Max will be a champion but he doesn’t have the controlled aggression Senna did or the ruthless talent of Schumacher. But neither had the tutorship of nelson “arrogant prick” piquet or the leamington spice, Christian Horner blowing smoke up their arse. Max is a talent but his arrogance knows no bounds. I really hope lando Norris gets ahead of max as not only is he a weapon but a down to earth bloke. Also, checking the sewer of social media, the hate to Lewis (tax dodger, cheat, social warrior etc) is very thinly veiled at times......And calls for a ban for Hamilton???? Christian Horner have a word with yourself. Both of his current drivers hardly have a clean record for fair driving....

Offline wince

« Reply #261 on: July 19, 2021, 12:50:59 AM »
Because it was lap one, I suspect that Hamilton will get away with that. However, I think that he caused the accident and should be penalised.

It's a racing incident for gods sake. He went up the inside on that corner twice more. Horner a typically salty shit bag yet again. Max has been ultra aggressive all season on lap one, and was again here, and Red Bull making out it was anything else is about what I'd expect from them. Max has a whole road to the left, and turned across completely. The penalties for Perez, twice for the same thing last week, were 5 seconds, so if anything 10s was pretty unfair compared to previous. It's good Max is OK, but Horner coming out with the salty nastiness afterwards is typical of him. He'll cry foul as soon as anyone else does though.

Leclerc didn't hit him on the same move last 2 laps either. Just because Max is ultra aggressive, it doesn't mean all other drivers should just give in. Lewis has done that too often this season.

And this post is why we need a like button. The move on leclerc was sublime

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #262 on: July 19, 2021, 01:38:54 AM »
Racing incident, Max got caught out because Lewis didn’t yield and normally drivers (including Lewis) to this point have. Salty responses aside, understand RB feeling aggrieved but I think Lewis was more than entitled to go for that. The bully got bullied.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 02:03:05 AM by Matt C »

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #263 on: July 19, 2021, 02:01:42 AM »
Double post

Offline ozzjim

« Reply #264 on: July 19, 2021, 07:04:51 AM »
Racing incident, Max got caught out because Lewis didn’t yield and normally drivers (including Lewis) to this point have. Salty responses aside, understand RB feeling aggrieved but I think Lewis was more than entitled to go for that. The bully got bullied.

Agreed. As Lewis said afterwards, every single driver knows how Max drives, so should they all simply never try to pass him? Marko, Horner and Verstappen are the most dislikeable trio I've seen in F1. And much of the vitriol aimed at Hamilton is thinly veiled indeed. He's had to fight a damn sight harder than Verstappen to get there, and should never have to put up with the hate he gets, and should get a lot more respect for his achievements. Short of very unlucky engine DNFs when Rosberg lucked out in 2016, he's been unerringly consistent for so long, and for much of that time he's driven without having to barge about the track like a spoilt kid. Ever want to character check Max, ask Danny Kvyat.

I was never a big fan of Lewis in the early years as I thought he acted in a similar way to Max is now to be fair, so maybe he will grow out of it.

I do agree re Lando Norris though, would love to see him and Leclerc really take it to Red Bull and Merc next few seasons. Both are brilliant, and Leclerc appears to be a really decent racer, goes to apologise etc if its his fault and generally acts with a bit of respect.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 07:09:11 AM by ozzjim »

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #265 on: July 19, 2021, 09:01:28 AM »
The whole incident showed that there is still immaturity in Verstappen, he clearly has the superior car & the last 5 races has proved it but he wasted that car advantage yesterday by driving that first lap like an idiot….Lewis was like it as a younger driver but he learnt that if you don’t win a race you finish it and accumulate points.  Max could have let Lewis go on that first lap and no doubt caught and passed him again later in the race but he let an aggressive driver behind him wind him up. 

As for Horners bellyaching about ‘it could have been a serious incident’ - look a bit closer to home to moan, your driver had acres of room to make that corner - but it has to be said the lobbying of the stewards over the radio is pretty pathetic to listen to

Offline ozzjim

« Reply #266 on: July 19, 2021, 09:16:05 AM »
The Toto email was hilarious. Massi has nowhere near the respect Whiting had.

Very sad that Lewis has had to put up with racist trolling online again.

Offline ozzjim

« Reply #267 on: July 27, 2021, 06:33:08 PM »
Red Bull now trying to get more punishment for Hamilton. Very dangerous for the FIA if they manage it.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #268 on: July 30, 2021, 10:16:51 AM »
Thrown out and rightly so.
Verstappen is a liability, just a slightly more talented version of his father.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #269 on: August 01, 2021, 03:16:09 PM »
Just won't watch F1 anymore. Until the authorities can do something about the dominance of Alpine and Aston Martin it's just a snoozefest.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 03:18:25 PM by sickbeggar »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal