collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: f1  (Read 64071 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: f1
« Reply #195 on: April 30, 2018, 08:09:32 PM »
First GP that I’ve watched at any length in years.

Vettel could have sat on an easy second place but paid the penalty for a risky manoeuvre going for the win.

Bottas ran over some debris rather than not having looked after his tyres.

Whilst acknowledging that he had to be in the position to take advantage of what happened ahead of him, my view is also that Hamilton lucked into the win.

UKR - CSE in Motor Engineering (with an emphasis on F1 aerodynamics of the 1970s)

My mate is the head engineering director for the Mercedes F1 team at Brixworth down the road, and he says that Hamilton is basically at 110% all of the time, and demands that the technical team are too.  So when there was that error in the first race, he might have a bit of a rant in the immediate aftermath of the race, but behind closed doors he understands that everybody is trying to squeeze every last bit of advantage out of the car and the tyres etc.

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #196 on: April 30, 2018, 08:32:35 PM »

Vettel could have sat on an easy second place but paid the penalty for a risky manoeuvre going for the win.

Whilst acknowledging that he had to be in the position to take advantage of what happened ahead of him, my view is also that Hamilton lucked into the win.

UKR - CSE in Motor Engineering (with an emphasis on F1 aerodynamics of the 1970s)

My mate is the head engineering director for the Mercedes F1 team at Brixworth down the road, and he says that Hamilton is basically at 110% all of the time, and demands that the technical team are too.  So when there was that error in the first race, he might have a bit of a rant in the immediate aftermath of the race, but behind closed doors he understands that everybody is trying to squeeze every last bit of advantage out of the car and the tyres etc.

Is my understanding of him. He is a bit of a tool outside of the car, but in it he is awesome

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #197 on: April 30, 2018, 08:42:42 PM »

Is my understanding of him. He is a bit of a tool outside of the car, but in it he is awesome

Have to say he looked more than a little embarrassed in the fermé yesterday. Although he'll take the win I think Hamilton also knows that he's not been at the races since Melbourne.

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #198 on: May 01, 2018, 08:55:06 AM »
Which through no fault of his own he should have won. Swings and roundabouts. But that Merc needs to step up at Barca

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #199 on: May 01, 2018, 03:38:33 PM »
Hamilton reminds me a bit of Ronaldo. They work really hard and demand the same level of commitment from the team.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #200 on: May 13, 2018, 03:17:41 PM »
I see Bottas doing his best to help Vettel this year. After his failure to overtake him a couple of races ago today he surrendered  2nd to him without any resistance at the start

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #201 on: July 22, 2018, 06:29:58 PM »
Hamilton. Colossal bellend of the highest order, absolutely fantastic behind the wheel. From last to second in an inspired drive at Silverstone seems boring compared to his 14th to win in Germany. His car control in changeable conditions is second to none in my thirty years of following the sport avidly

Online olaftab

« Reply #202 on: July 22, 2018, 07:32:16 PM »
So bit of cheating  by the Ferrari team did not work today after telling Kimi to "look after his tyres" as Vettel was behind him:

'So you want me to... let him go? Please. Just tell me.' - Kimi to team
Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen seeks clarification about the strategy battle with team-mate Sebastian Vettel.

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #203 on: July 24, 2018, 09:49:56 AM »
Team orders are fine, it’s not cheating now, they should just have asked him to move over.

Online olaftab

« Reply #204 on: July 29, 2018, 04:32:57 PM »
Bottas let the side down again however there is a case for Vettel to answer as he cut across him.

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #205 on: August 06, 2018, 06:33:56 PM »
Lots of mistakes by Vettel this year, I agree he should be held to account for that move

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #206 on: August 07, 2018, 08:03:36 AM »
Lots of mistakes by Vettel this year, I agree he should be held to account for that move

Except he won’t because he drives a Ferrari.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #207 on: August 08, 2018, 04:42:15 PM »
Apparently the Mercedes F1 team is having problems with their best engineers being used on the Project 1 supercar.  Trying to do two things at once, basically.

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #208 on: August 09, 2018, 10:24:22 PM »

Except he won’t because he drives a Ferrari.

See also “plays for Manchester United”

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #209 on: August 19, 2018, 06:24:17 PM »
Apparently the Mercedes F1 team is having problems with their best engineers being used on the Project 1 supercar.  Trying to do two things at once, basically.

They start in Formula E this December too, albeit in a team which doesn't carry their name for the first 12 months.

Can't imagine that'll help their engineers to concentrate on F1 either.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal