collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Ollie Watkins by stevo_st
[Today at 07:04:35 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Ollie Watkins by stevo_st
[Today at 07:04:35 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kendrick Says It's Time To Ask Questions  (Read 135261 times)

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
Re: Kendrick Says It's Time To Ask Questions
« Reply #765 on: March 06, 2014, 11:41:22 AM »
The other point is that the board admitted, in the wake of the Mcleish sacking that the football had not been "compelling" enough.  One of the remits of the new "young and hungry" era was to start playing football that people actually wanted to watch.  And again it looked like we might be on the way there last season.  But nobody can deny that this season has been a step backwards in that aspect.  I still believe that is the football Lambert wants to play and will see who comes in over the Summer.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #766 on: March 06, 2014, 11:42:52 AM »
To be reviewed at the end of the season.

Fair enough.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #767 on: March 06, 2014, 12:03:17 PM »
I've said literally a million times before on here,
if your desperate to get Lambert out then you had better start hoping we lose a load more games and put ourselves in the bottom 3 or 4
Because there's no way he's going anywhere as long as we sit in 11 th position in the league

Mid table teams are always inconsistent that's why they are mid table, they win one,lose two, draw one, lose one then win another and so it goes on
If we pick up 3 points out of the next 5 games we will probably still be pretty much mid table, sitting on 34 points with 5 to play, there will still be no pressure on the manager because that's what mid table ness is all about, just getting by,

Lose the next 6 or 7 games on the trot and then Randy has a choice to make

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #768 on: March 06, 2014, 12:40:29 PM »

Fair enough.

In the meantime. I haven't fully studied this yet but take a look and see what you think. It is a few weeks out of date.
http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/18/the-alternative-premier-league-table-is-this-the-closest-relegation-battle-in-years-4267648/
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 12:42:42 PM by Dave Clark Five »

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #769 on: March 06, 2014, 12:55:06 PM »

Fair enough.

In the meantime. I haven't fully studied this yet but take a look and see what you think. It is a few weeks out of date.
http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/18/the-alternative-premier-league-table-is-this-the-closest-relegation-battle-in-years-4267648/

That is interesting, but does it really tell us anything that we didn't already know - as in it's very tight in the bottom half?

There are only a finite amount of points available in the PL.  So, if the bottom teams have less points than expected, then surely that means somewhere further up the league you have teams with more than expected?  Except if there is an inordinate amount of draws, of course.  So, if the argument is that the league is weaker, specifically down near the bottom, then surely it's bit of a balancing act where it is actually stronger in another part of the table? 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 01:01:55 PM by Concrete John »

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #770 on: March 06, 2014, 01:05:49 PM »
if your desperate to get Lambert out then you had better start hoping we lose a load more games and put ourselves in the bottom 3 or 4
Because there's no way he's going anywhere as long as we sit in 11 th position in the league

Mid table teams are always inconsistent that's why they are mid table, they win one,lose two, draw one, lose one then win another and so it goes on
If we pick up 3 points out of the next 5 games we will probably still be pretty much mid table, sitting on 34 points with 5 to play, there will still be no pressure on the manager because that's what mid table ness is all about, just getting by,

Sounds like you're desperate.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #771 on: March 06, 2014, 02:10:01 PM »
I do think we might be in a little danger of disappearing up our own orifices with over analysis here. Of course a couple of freak late results can give a slightly false picture but by and large if you spend the majority of the season bobbing along in the middle of the table and that's where you end up it's fair to say that's where you deserved to be on merit. Trying to argue that the league is weaker or stronger overall one year to the next is fairly subjective.

Offline Chris Smith

« Reply #772 on: March 06, 2014, 02:15:53 PM »

If you have said it literally a million times then over the course of 7976 posts that averages at more than 123 times for each time you click on the 'post' button - you boring git. :¬)

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #773 on: March 06, 2014, 02:24:56 PM »
If you have said it literally a million times then over the course of 7976 posts that averages at more than 123 times for each time you click on the 'post' button - you boring git. :¬)
Not under the new OED definition where literally actually means figuratively.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #774 on: March 06, 2014, 02:29:09 PM »

I've figuratively told you a million times don't be a know it all.

Offline Chris Smith

« Reply #775 on: March 06, 2014, 02:29:50 PM »

So literally, literally doesn't mean literally in any literal sense of the word.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #776 on: March 06, 2014, 02:30:07 PM »
He literally meant figuratively.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #777 on: March 06, 2014, 02:41:19 PM »
Well, I figured he wasn't trying to be alliterative.

Offline john e

« Reply #778 on: March 06, 2014, 03:11:40 PM »

Sounds like you're desperate.

No not me , I'm prepared to see how it goes with Lambert
But there are those who want him out and can't see any reason why he should stay

And I'm saying if we stay mid table that's reason enough for Randy not to fire him,
I can't see him getting the sack while we are inconsistent but mid table, that's what most of us would have settled for at the start of the season

I hope he is still there next season, although its not been a bowl of cherries at times he deserves another window, and I'm sure hel get one if things stay pretty much the way they are

Offline john e

« Reply #779 on: March 06, 2014, 03:14:29 PM »

I knew that would get on some people's nerves, hence the reason for writing it
But sadly I have no defence for being a boring bit,

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal