collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Man City Away  (Read 12831 times)

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
Man City Away
« on: February 10, 2014, 10:01:31 AM »
One of the richest clubs in europe charging us £47 a ticket. Is'nt modern football great sometimes?

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
Re: Man City Away
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 10:24:00 AM »
Better value for money than most games considering some decent football will probably be played

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 10:35:25 AM »
£47 to watch a league game doesn't represent value for money, regardless of which superstars are in the team. It's disgraceful. I refused to go to Chelsea earlier this season for the same reason.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 10:39:55 AM »
Bearing in mind we don't even know for sure when it's going to be played yet, I can't see them shifting too many just yet.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 10:46:24 AM »
£47 to be tortured, May as well go down the blues it'll be cheaper

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 11:09:07 AM »
Anything over £25 for a game is a rip-off so far as I'm concerned, but having paid £35 to watch a midweek away game at Cardiff when it's live on tele I'm probably the kind of idiot who deserves to be ripped off!

I suppose if you're a City fan though and are finding yourself getting charged the earth at every away game (£50 at Norwich on Saturday) because home clubs want to maximise their income when the top teams visit, you'd have little sympathy when it happens the other way round. We charged them £41 earlier this season, which is also bit steep.

Offline exiled on the wirral!

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 04:23:50 PM »
U can probably get a ticket for £20 on viagogo for that game..

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 04:48:34 PM »
Brave/foolish people who go to this one.

Offline Tugby Villain

• Villa through thick and thin!!!
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 05:47:35 PM »
Ridiculous.  We couldn't afford Liverpool away (£45) which we wanted to go to and now this.  1 adult and 1 child costs £73.  Add another child and you've got over £100.  I don't care who it is we're playing, this is ridiculous.  I see Cardiff away is something like £35 - how are we meant to keep going?  In fact, as a thank you for all of our support I can't see why Villa don't offer reductions, like Bayern Munich are for all their fans going to Arsenal.

Offline Yossarian

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2014, 07:37:03 PM »
Ridiculous.  We couldn't afford Liverpool away (£45) which we wanted to go to and now this.  1 adult and 1 child costs £73.  Add another child and you've got over £100.  I don't care who it is we're playing, this is ridiculous.  I see Cardiff away is something like £35 - how are we meant to keep going?  In fact, as a thank you for all of our support I can't see why Villa don't offer reductions, like Bayern Munich are for all their fans going to Arsenal.

Because Bayern are owned by their fans.

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 07:42:46 PM »
I'd pay £47 to go back to Maine Road, stand on the benches in the Platt Lane Stand, drink Greenhalls Bitter from that hut out the back then watch all the Asian Jewellers bring their shutters down in a panic as it began to kick off in Rusholme.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2014, 09:02:16 PM »
We always get hammered there even when they were shite under Pearce.

Fair play to anyone going as ever.

I'm actually going to Man City- Chelsea on Saturday, there's quite a few 27.50 tickets floating about which is decent.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2014, 09:15:40 PM »

If we were getting as much just for playing in that game as Bayern are, perhaps we would.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2014, 09:20:23 PM »

Us and Swansea have struck a deal for later on this season where all adult tickets are £25 at their place. I think one or two other clubs have done something similar. We're also laying on ten free coaches for the Man City game.

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2014, 09:54:21 PM »

We all moan but we all oil the cogs.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal