collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gary Gardner - Retired  (Read 166865 times)

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
Re: Gary Gardner
« Reply #360 on: August 08, 2016, 10:06:21 AM »
Woodhall's Theorem at work again Kuwait.  The less you see a player the better he gets.

Same with Joe Bennett. Fans calling for him to replace the inept Cissokho are in for a shock. Bennett is certainly the worst fullback and perhaps the most out of his depth footballer I've ever seen in a Villa shirt. I certainly don't want him anywhere near our first team again.

When did you last see him play?

Last time I saw him play for Villa. I doubt if he's got any better either considering he barely got a game out on loan last season. He's bloody hopeless.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #361 on: August 08, 2016, 10:10:22 AM »
You were at Cambridge then SH.  You would have seen him play well then.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #362 on: August 08, 2016, 10:19:02 AM »
I'm an admirer of Gardner's talent from his youth team days but he was poor yesterday, he really should have grabbed that slot and made it his. He didn't. I looked at the team sheet and thought we lacked mobility in the middle.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #363 on: August 08, 2016, 10:39:27 AM »

I'm sure he's up to the level of Division 4, in a friendly, but thankfully we don't play that low down the ladder.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #364 on: August 08, 2016, 10:45:42 AM »
I thought he looked decent at stourport but that's a whole different world to the championship. Who knows though, he might get a game on Wednesday and it's up to him to impress.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #365 on: August 08, 2016, 10:47:07 AM »
I see that Division 4 team you sneer at quite a lot and the week before we blew them away without breaking sweat they were the better team against Ipswich who were lucky to get a 1-1 draw.  Yes, the very same Ipswich we will be playing this season.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #366 on: August 08, 2016, 10:59:56 AM »

I'm not interested in friendlies only the real thing. He's never cut it at PL and barely got a game out on loan last season in the Championship. That should tell you everything, he's not good enough for Villa. Signing this type of player over the last 6 seasons contributed to our decline and the sooner we rid the club of them the better.

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #367 on: August 08, 2016, 11:02:27 AM »
I think it's now or never this season for Gary Gardner, but I'd hesitate to write him off on the first weekend of competitive matches. Hopefully he improves.

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #368 on: August 08, 2016, 12:02:46 PM »
I'm an admirer of Gardner's talent from his youth team days but he was poor yesterday, he really should have grabbed that slot and made it his. He didn't. I looked at the team sheet and thought we lacked mobility in the middle.
When he was in the youth team Gary was a good player but even then did not have a lot of pace.  However his ability to find space, control the ball and make decent passes seemingly combined with a good football brain made him generally look better than the opposition. Unfortunately as he has moved up the age level, combined with injuries, it appears his lack of pace and mobility are becoming more and more of a handicap.  He has had a full pre-season this year but still seemed to be just that bit too slow to intercept/make a decent tackle. This together with the helter skelter of the midfield area in this league to my mind seems as if we will not be seeing him very often.

Offline Bottom Right 89

« Reply #369 on: August 08, 2016, 12:49:10 PM »
I think we've definitely found our scapegoat of the year winner.

Nobody seems to be highlighting a player bought for £12m last week who couldn't get a corner past the first defender yesterday and missed a one on one that Adam Peaty's Nan would have stuck away - jury definitely out on Ross 'the goal machine' McCormack.

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #370 on: August 08, 2016, 12:52:35 PM »
Bloody hell it's just one game.

Online Clampy

« Reply #371 on: August 08, 2016, 12:57:09 PM »
I think we've definitely found our scapegoat of the year winner.

Nobody seems to be highlighting a player bought for £12m last week who couldn't get a corner past the first defender yesterday and missed a one on one that Adam Peaty's Nan would have stuck away - jury definitely out on Ross 'the goal machine' McCormack.

After one game, how ridiculous that post is.

Offline Bottom Right 89

« Reply #372 on: August 08, 2016, 01:02:29 PM »
Bloody hell it's just one game.
Exactly - lay off Gary Gardner and give him a break is all I'm saying

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #373 on: August 08, 2016, 01:10:01 PM »
BR 89 Gardner has had many chances at Villa Park and has been found wanting, good youth player but not a top class Championship player and not a prem player either.
Mc Cormack has played one game, when he has played as often as Gardner then is the time to have a go.

Online Clampy

« Reply #374 on: August 08, 2016, 01:11:32 PM »
BR 89 Gardner has had many chances at Villa Park and has been found wanting, good youth player but not a top class Championship player and not a prem player either.
Mc Cormack has played one game, when he has played as often as Gardner then is the time to have a go.

Yep, it was a woeful argument really.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal