collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 10:47:03 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 10:12:59 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 10:47:03 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by AV82EC
[Today at 10:46:47 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 10:45:42 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 10:33:49 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 10:32:30 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

Re: FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by FrankyH
[Today at 10:19:07 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gary Gardner - Retired  (Read 166980 times)

Offline Diablo

Re: Gary Gardner
« Reply #240 on: August 21, 2015, 07:20:43 PM »
Great news! I really hope he can kick on now. And at least if he doesn't break into the team we will have some money coming in from a potential sale as he's not let his contract run down- that is such a nasty habit. Glad we seem to be breaking it now.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #241 on: August 21, 2015, 08:12:45 PM »
Yeah, I'm good with this, give him a year to stay fit and see if he can step up a level (take into account he's at a similar age to the year the snake had his breakthrough year and the injuries to both means he serves as the best recent comparison). If he doesn't look like doing so we find another loan to a championship side for him in Jan and then hopefully we get a couple of million for him next summer.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #242 on: August 21, 2015, 08:24:00 PM »
I don't understand anyone who says they are 'underwhelmed' by this. I'm not sure how er... whelmed you can be about a young player who has had most of the key development years hampered by injury. Friends of mine who support Forest rave about him and he's obviously shown enough to convince Sherwood and his staff that he is worth giving a chance to. Good luck to him.

underwhelmed because he is 23 and has so far in his career he has contributed sod all

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #243 on: August 21, 2015, 08:36:17 PM »
One of the big drawbacks I have with Gary is he looks slow enough to play for the Albion.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #244 on: August 21, 2015, 08:44:13 PM »
I don't understand anyone who says they are 'underwhelmed' by this. I'm not sure how er... whelmed you can be about a young player who has had most of the key development years hampered by injury. Friends of mine who support Forest rave about him and he's obviously shown enough to convince Sherwood and his staff that he is worth giving a chance to. Good luck to him.

underwhelmed because he is 23 and has so far in his career he has contributed sod all

He played a part in the Weimann goal against Fulham that was vital, so he's contributed something.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #245 on: August 21, 2015, 08:45:40 PM »

Mainly because he's been unfortunate enough to do both his cruciate ligaments one after the other, wrecking the years where he'd normally be allowing us to make a sensible judgement.

Apparently he did well at Forest last season. Sherwood's been quick enough to get rid of the likes of Weimann and Lowton, so presumably has seen something that makes him think he's worth investing some time in.

How about giving him the chance he hasn't had yet.

Offline cdward

« Reply #246 on: August 21, 2015, 09:00:55 PM »
Maybe his injuries were a blessing in disguise, he missed out on being mis-managed by TSM2 and instead of being moved on, now has a chance to shine in the new Villa era.
I really think he is/was a great player, more naturally gifted than a lot of midfielders we have seen in recent years. Let's hope TS has seen the potential we know he has and will be able to man manage the best out of him.

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #247 on: August 21, 2015, 09:14:36 PM »

That is very harsh. He's lost whole seasons to terrible injuries, but managed to pull himself back in contention and by all accounts, a successful period at Nottingham Forest. I give him great credit for not giving up his dream.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #248 on: August 21, 2015, 09:49:39 PM »
One of the big drawbacks I have with Gary is he looks slow enough to play for the Albion.

Yah. I saw him a few times last season on telly over here where they show Championship games. he was very very slow. Brilliant at set pieces though

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #249 on: August 21, 2015, 11:23:48 PM »

That's the spirit.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #250 on: August 21, 2015, 11:25:04 PM »

Hasn't he done his cruciate ligament twice?

That's a year out injury.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #251 on: August 21, 2015, 11:35:09 PM »

Yah. I saw him a few times last season on telly over here where they show Championship games. he was very very slow. Brilliant at set pieces though

One of the best centre midfielders I ever saw was Grahame Souness and he was hardly a whippet, Cowans and Mortimer were lively but not sprinters. Gareth Barry weren't too bad either

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #252 on: August 21, 2015, 11:49:00 PM »

That's the spirit.

Ha! I'm appropriately whelmed by this whelming development.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #253 on: August 21, 2015, 11:54:14 PM »

One of the best centre midfielders I ever saw was Grahame Souness and he was hardly a whippet, Cowans and Mortimer were lively but not sprinters. Gareth Barry weren't too bad either

True true. Lets hope Gary can get there. Obviously I want him to succeed.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #254 on: August 22, 2015, 01:55:44 AM »

True true. Lets hope Gary can get there. Obviously I want him to succeed.

Well Forest fans raved about him last season, different to the premiership I know, but it wasn't long ago that it was being mentioned that he was better than Wilshere

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal