collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alan McCafu  (Read 279936 times)

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Alan Hutton
« Reply #1035 on: January 15, 2017, 06:45:08 PM »
Amavi cross yesterday was text book technique,

Unfortunately the only decent thing he did all game.

Back on topic, can anyone remember a Hutton assist from recent memory? i have a vague memory of one last season but can't remember against who.
yep and the only chance created by a Villa player.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1036 on: January 15, 2017, 06:46:28 PM »
He's credited with a goal 3 years ago-ish ! I must have missed it (but he didn't)

Just over 2 years ago, winner against Leicester iirc.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1037 on: January 15, 2017, 07:32:16 PM »
In the premier league I always thought the opposition gave him licence to run down the right hand side as they knew he'd never create anything so could put an extra player in the box or in midfield ready for the counter attack.

I did actually think he'd be better in this division but he's still so poor. Him, Westwood and Gabby...it's ridiculous all three are still at this club and 2/3 are still regular starters.

Offline BOB MANSFIELD

« Reply #1038 on: January 15, 2017, 08:14:54 PM »
Really, these continual poor performances seem to underline the complete lack of repetitive skills training/coaching that apparently takes for granted, the fact that every player can already do what their role asks of them. they clearly can't - and yet they seem not to be staying back to work on their " weaknesses ". Indicates they are not pointed out to them ?
Hutton - you can't cross. Stay back and do 2 hours a day extra crossing practice.
Jedinak - you can't pass. Stay back and do 2 hours a day extra passing practice.

They're getting bloody paid enough ! They are NOT the finished article...none of them ! IMHO.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1039 on: January 15, 2017, 09:16:16 PM »
The whole team need to work on passing.  I'd make it a rule that they train every day we're not playing and an hour of every session would be alternating between no running, no tackling, 2-touch games on very small pitches and fartlek style interval training where they jog and sprint between fitness stations.  The idea is that you tire the fuckers out with the interval training so they're having to control their heart rate to get the concentration back for the passing, then you add some hefty 'punishment' for misplaced passes.  It's just a flip on the rugby training I used to run for the colts team but it does wonders for basic skills.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #1040 on: January 15, 2017, 09:20:47 PM »
The whole team need to work on passing.  I'd make it a rule that they train every day we're not playing and an hour of every session would be alternating between no running, no tackling, 2-touch games on very small pitches and fartlek style interval training where they jog and sprint between fitness stations.  The idea is that you tire the fuckers out with the interval training so they're having to control their heart rate to get the concentration back for the passing, then you add some hefty 'punishment' for misplaced passes.  It's just a flip on the rugby training I used to run for the colts team but it does wonders for basic skills.

It would help if we were not so spread out across and up the pitch so that players are not trying to always make 40m passes that get cut out easily.  Saying that, the short passing is not exactly brilliant.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1041 on: January 15, 2017, 09:28:47 PM »

It would help if we were not so spread out across and up the pitch so that players are not trying to always make 40m passes that get cut out easily.  Saying that, the short passing is not exactly brilliant.

I agree, but baby steps, get them all confident that they can pass and receive the ball in tight spaces whilst the acids are up in their legs and they're dying for a drink, then you move onto passing in triangles and moving as a unit once those basics are properly embedded.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1042 on: January 23, 2017, 06:29:01 PM »
I can't believe anyone is saying our RB was out of position when Preston broke for their first.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2tr-QLXEAApMzp.jpg:large

Offline frank black

« Reply #1043 on: January 23, 2017, 06:32:07 PM »
I know he left me with egg on my face as I was just telling the folks next to me how I would give him MOTM, only to witness that display of positional muppetry.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #1044 on: January 23, 2017, 06:32:42 PM »
I can't believe anyone is saying our RB was out of position when Preston broke for their first.

that is funny ,it shouldn't  be but is

Offline Old Kodjia

« Reply #1045 on: January 23, 2017, 06:40:54 PM »

Have a look at the second goal.  He's stood marking nobody when the corner is taken.  They have runners from outside the box who come in without being picked up.  It looks to me like Baker & Chester both have men but nobody goes with the runners.  Hutton looks to me like he's ball watching.  Not entirely his fault because somebody should have picked them up but he should have been alert.

Offline BOB MANSFIELD

« Reply #1046 on: January 23, 2017, 08:47:29 PM »
Mentally tired and switched off, I guess.
How do you train/coach that out of them?
Oh yes......don't start with these players, innit?

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #1047 on: January 23, 2017, 10:37:35 PM »
...... but he puts a shift in!

Flatters to deceive.  Always has done, always will.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1048 on: January 23, 2017, 10:44:47 PM »
Ah well Alan off you go fella may be back to Scottish second division.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1049 on: January 23, 2017, 10:48:56 PM »
He's never played in the Scottish Second Division.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal