collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alan McCafu  (Read 279947 times)

Offline Leicester_Villian

Re: Alan Hutton
« Reply #1020 on: January 15, 2017, 02:06:05 PM »
I wish all our players gave the same effort as Hutton does ......... maybe if this was the case we wouldn't be where we are now

Stop knocking the bloke he won't claim to be the best but he is not the worst

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #1021 on: January 15, 2017, 02:26:44 PM »
I wish all our players gave the same effort as Hutton does ......... maybe if this was the case we wouldn't be where we are now

So you're praising him for trying to do his job ?

Wow.

Offline Old Kodjia

« Reply #1022 on: January 15, 2017, 02:30:13 PM »

So you're praising him for trying to do his job ?

Wow.

I think the post was more designed to highlight the commitment of others in the side, rather than to praise Hutton for doing his job.

Offline markeeeebeeee2005

« Reply #1023 on: January 15, 2017, 02:40:40 PM »
I didn't watch the game yesterday.

However I've watched a fair few games this season. He looks like he is very good at getting into space as teams have a tactic to let him have the ball, fully confident he will do nothing with it. Also if he has the ball they know he will leg it like an absolute mentalist straight down the wing leaving a massive hole in our back four. He then dawdles when coming back (so I don't get this hard work thing). The opposition then have a great opportunity to attack the gaping hole he has left.

He'll huff and puff, which is great if you like that kind of thing, but I'd take someone with a bit of intelligence over that.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #1024 on: January 15, 2017, 02:59:38 PM »
Even I can work out what Hutton must do.  He must either side foot the ball across the turf to an inrushing player (I know, I know) or put it out for an  opposition throw right by the corner flag.  Get back in position and let a midfielder (I know, I know) win the ball from the throw.  The alternative is an instant counter attack into the space vacated by the Flying Scotsman.

Offline BOB MANSFIELD

« Reply #1025 on: January 15, 2017, 03:11:22 PM »
You're right Brian...and he was ever thus. And will never improve or change, unless he is enforced by a ring-fence of better MIDFIELDERS he can pass it on to.

Offline brian green

« Reply #1026 on: January 15, 2017, 03:29:54 PM »
He has got Alan Wright's disease only worse.  He shovels the ball across with too much elevation and back spin.  The best crossers we have had, like Daveed and Merse chop the ball with their instep.  It fizzes in hard and low with topspin.  That cross headed gains velocity and is easier to head low and hard.  High with backspin is a doddle to clear by a centre back.  You can see AH do it.  He scoops the ball in the air so all his hard work getting there is lost.  You need Codger or Ayew or Jack supporting him pointing at their feet.

Offline BOB MANSFIELD

« Reply #1027 on: January 15, 2017, 03:36:34 PM »
What ? More Mr Pointy's ?? Oh no.
But you're assessment of spin and lift is right. A loopy Westwood-like or a fizzed-in proper cross. I know which I prefer and then you only need a Centre Forward a la With on the end of it.........oh, we don't have one, do we ? Kodjia can't head to save his life. He seems more than a bit " soft ".  Not a hard hitter of a traditional CF, and not a 7foot 6 Crouchy either, who, when it is hit...... it stays hit.

Offline brian green

« Reply #1028 on: January 15, 2017, 03:49:39 PM »
I don't mean pointy pointy I mean two flat hands towards the ground meaning put the ball at my feet.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1029 on: January 15, 2017, 03:55:39 PM »
He has got Alan Wright's disease only worse.  He shovels the ball across with too much elevation and back spin.  The best crossers we have had, like Daveed and Merse chop the ball with their instep.  It fizzes in hard and low with topspin.  That cross headed gains velocity and is easier to head low and hard.  High with backspin is a doddle to clear by a centre back.  You can see AH do it.  He scoops the ball in the air so all his hard work getting there is lost.  You need Codger or Ayew or Jack supporting him pointing at their feet.

You are correct regarding crossing technique, and it's becoming something of a lost art in the game.

I remember Dean Saunders being a find crosser of the ball, the only problem of course was that he wasn't then in the area to head the ball in.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1030 on: January 15, 2017, 04:00:36 PM »
Amavi cross yesterday was text book technique,

Offline brian green

« Reply #1031 on: January 15, 2017, 04:11:03 PM »
Deano was a great crosser of the ball.  As was Wally Walters.  You could watch Wal and like the shark in Jaws he would roll his eyeballs and you would know where the ball was going.  True.  We would watch.  He would look up and we would shout "far post" or "near post" and that's where it went.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #1032 on: January 15, 2017, 04:28:12 PM »
Amavi cross yesterday was text book technique,

Unfortunately the only decent thing he did all game.

Back on topic, can anyone remember a Hutton assist from recent memory? i have a vague memory of one last season but can't remember against who.

Offline BOB MANSFIELD

« Reply #1033 on: January 15, 2017, 06:40:37 PM »
He's credited with a goal 3 years ago-ish ! I must have missed it (but he didn't)

Online Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1034 on: January 15, 2017, 06:44:06 PM »
He's shit

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal