collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Robin Olsen by KevinGage
[Today at 08:27:07 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by PaulWinch again
[Today at 08:23:45 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 08:23:39 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PaulWinch again
[Today at 08:20:07 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by jon collett
[Today at 08:19:03 PM]

Re: Bristol Villa fans by The Edge
[Today at 08:17:34 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Goldenballs
[Today at 08:15:59 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by SamTheMouse
[Today at 08:14:05 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alan McCafu  (Read 279916 times)

Offline villan from luton

Re: Alan Hutton
« Reply #315 on: July 27, 2014, 08:54:10 PM »
I think Hutton was given a tough time as bought by McLeish, I think he is a decent player tbh, certainly a good defender

He was given a tough time because he looked poor whenever he played.

Not sure he was any worse than other players tbh

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #316 on: July 27, 2014, 08:55:56 PM »
I think Hutton was given a tough time as bought by McLeish, I think he is a decent player tbh, certainly a good defender

I don't think too many on here would have been overly upset had he been sold by now.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #317 on: July 27, 2014, 09:06:35 PM »

I genuinely don't know what people dislike about Kozak.

He came in, he scored a few goals, he got injured. Lots of people seem to forget the "scoring a few goals" thing.

I really rate Kozak. When he plays he is just a colossal Czech pain in the arse to the opposition. He has that gift of "right place" but doesn't get it by picking nice runs or good positioning, he gets there by scrapping for every chance and is willing to put his face in front of a boot to score.

I like the fact that if the ball gets to him anywhere around the box he's looking to get a shot away, either first or second touch. It reminds me of Klose, it's pretty clear kozak spent time watching him in training and has taken on some of it.

« Reply #318 on: July 27, 2014, 09:11:38 PM »

I don't think too many on here would have been overly upset had he been sold by now.

I dont disagree but lets be realistic, is he good enough for a mid to lower premiership team?

Online Clampy

« Reply #319 on: July 27, 2014, 09:15:13 PM »

I dont disagree but lets be realistic, is he good enough for a mid to lower premiership team?

Maybe but he hasn't showed it for us so far. Besides, only Bolton seemed to want him last season.

« Reply #320 on: July 27, 2014, 09:18:09 PM »
I think his wages are a big issue, but that is not Lambert's fault. Are we going to go 3-5-2 this season do you think

Online Clampy

« Reply #321 on: July 27, 2014, 09:24:05 PM »
I think his wages are a big issue, but that is not Lambert's fault. Are we going to go 3-5-2 this season do you think

Possibly.

« Reply #322 on: July 27, 2014, 09:30:30 PM »
I was really impressed with Lowton initally, but he has gone backwards, just hope he has the right attitude to kick on.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #323 on: July 27, 2014, 09:41:14 PM »
Lowton symbolises lambert's villa more than any other player for me

Young, naive, questionable quality but in that first year threatening to go on and be a real premier league success trough progressive, swashbuckling, attacking play, and then really falling flat in his second year, not correcting the old flaws and going backwards on his strengths

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #324 on: July 27, 2014, 09:42:07 PM »

I genuinely don't know what people dislike about Kozak.

He came in, he scored a few goals, he got injured. Lots of people seem to forget the "scoring a few goals" thing.

I really rate Kozak. When he plays he is just a colossal Czech pain in the arse to the opposition. He has that gift of "right place" but doesn't get it by picking nice runs or good positioning, he gets there by scrapping for every chance and is willing to put his face in front of a boot to score.

I like the fact that if the ball gets to him anywhere around the box he's looking to get a shot away, either first or second touch. It reminds me of Klose, it's pretty clear kozak spent time watching him in training and has taken on some of it.

Yeah he is very raw and direct.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #325 on: July 27, 2014, 09:44:31 PM »
Lowton symbolises lambert's villa more than any other player for me

Young, naive, questionable quality but in that first year threatening to go on and be a real premier league success trough progressive, swashbuckling, attacking play, and then really falling flat in his second year, not correcting the old flaws and going backwards on his strengths

Him and Sylla both.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 09:54:33 PM by dave.woodhall »

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #326 on: July 27, 2014, 09:47:40 PM »
Lowton showed his unprofessional , inexperienced side off the pitch with the house move back to Sheffield. He should really have seen the bigger picture and falling out with lambert is it would seem a real career limiter .

« Reply #327 on: July 27, 2014, 09:50:19 PM »
I am not a Lambert lover, but he has to deal in the market with the money he has been given. There was talk last summer of Arsenal being afr him,

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #328 on: July 27, 2014, 09:54:55 PM »
In his previous life with us Hutton looked good bombing forward but clumsy, slow and a liability in most tackles - eg: the Shane Long encounter.
But he's clearly been playing well in his games for Scotland against decent opposition and has done a decent job at Bolton(?).
He deserves another chance IMHO and seems to be a better prospect at RB than Lowton at the moment.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #329 on: July 27, 2014, 09:57:17 PM »
Yes - although for me Lowton is so synonymous with those games against stoke and Sunderland. I know it was only stoke and Sunderland but I remember watching both games thinking - 'this villa side is actually looking really exciting; we're passing the ball better than I've seen a villa side do in years (even under O'Neill it used to frustrate me how poor our passing and movement was).

I really really want Lowton to get back to that player. But if he has another year like last season it may be his last at this level. And he's not looked great so far (whereas I think the much over criticised Westwood looks good, and physically stronger)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal