collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa fans disrespecting the poppy day silence  (Read 15839 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Villa fans disrespecting the poppy day silence
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2013, 10:06:27 AM »
A few of the travelling support really let us down on Saturday. The behaviour at half time was disgraceful.

What happened at half time jj?

Wasting bad tasting, warm, expensive beer.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2013, 10:08:48 AM »
Smoke bombs seem to be getting popular with dickheads. Stop them now, dangerous.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2013, 10:12:44 AM »
A few of the travelling support really let us down on Saturday. The behaviour at half time was disgraceful.

What happened at half time jj?

Wasting bad tasting, warm, expensive beer.

I've never understood the need to throw beer around that you've just paid the best part of £4 for.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2013, 10:14:44 AM »
On a side note trying to get a drink at Half Time was a joke aswell. Police had to close the bar before the half time whistle had even gone with the amount of pushing and crushing going on.

they shut the kiosk because come bell-end set off a smoke bomb on the concourse, just before half time.

If the only people they search are women with handbags, they are unlikely to find these things being taken into the ground.
Without generalising, this sort of thing will continue to happen until the novelty of the free coaches wears off. There are some right pillocks getting to games at the moment. It was evident from the moment that I got in the ground that beer had been thrown everywhere. Yes, it isn't everyone, not by a long chalk but more idiots go away when there are free coaches.

It always baffles me when people insist on drinking at half time then moan that they have to queue and further moan when the beer is crap. What do you expect, for fucks sake? It is all about carrying on the away pub atmosphere into the ground. Same difficulty getting served and same bad beer.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2013, 10:23:55 AM »
The larger the allocation, the larger the "waey, we're lads, we'll do what we want" behaviour increases. Blackburn for example used to be a good example of this.

Online andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2013, 10:46:38 AM »
It should all be back to normal for Sunderland away. 800 or 900 of us, easy to get a beer ( chilled as well because it will be sub zero), no queue for the toilets etc.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2013, 10:48:35 AM »
I'd expect Sunderland to be a free coach game.

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2013, 12:39:13 PM »
The larger the allocation, the larger the "waey, we're lads, we'll do what we want" behaviour increases. Blackburn for example used to be a good example of this.

Oh, how I miss Blackburn away.  Not.  It was a nightmare.

Online Jon Crofts

« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2013, 12:40:17 PM »
I'm a little surprised there was even an observance of a minutes silence on the 2nd of November, next weekend is surely the most appropriate time to mark rememberance, every team home or away will have an opportunity to observe a minutes silence.  Maybe people just weren't expecting it.  There was no observance at Twickenham on Saturday for England v Australia.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2013, 12:42:42 PM »
On a side note trying to get a drink at Half Time was a joke aswell. Police had to close the bar before the half time whistle had even gone with the amount of pushing and crushing going on.

they shut the kiosk because come bell-end set off a smoke bomb on the concourse, just before half time.

If the only people they search are women with handbags, they are unlikely to find these things being taken into the ground.
Without generalising, this sort of thing will continue to happen until the novelty of the free coaches wears off. There are some right pillocks getting to games at the moment. It was evident from the moment that I got in the ground that beer had been thrown everywhere. Yes, it isn't everyone, not by a long chalk but more idiots go away when there are free coaches.

It always baffles me when people insist on drinking at half time then moan that they have to queue and further moan when the beer is crap. What do you expect, for fucks sake? It is all about carrying on the away pub atmosphere into the ground. Same difficulty getting served and same bad beer.

This. I remember going to Everton and I had a drawstring sports bag with me (full as well), nothing happened, just bopsed straight in. Without doubt I could have blown a lot of people up that day, and it genuinely worried me.

I also don't know why ANYONE drinks at half time, even the most ardent drinkers.

Also, I thought this case was closed. Is there really anything else to say about what happened during the minutes silence? As for the smoke bomb, there will always be bell ends unfortunately.

Offline Lee

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/BlackCountryVilla/
  • GM : Jul, 2014
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2013, 01:03:56 PM »
I'm a little surprised there was even an observance of a minutes silence on the 2nd of November, next weekend is surely the most appropriate time to mark rememberance, every team home or away will have an opportunity to observe a minutes silence.  Maybe people just weren't expecting it.  There was no observance at Twickenham on Saturday for England v Australia.

Surprised me too. I have to say that those who were on the terraces observed the silence impeccably. It was very clear that the noise was coming from the concourse area and not the stands.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2013, 01:26:59 PM »

I also don't know why ANYONE drinks at half time, even the most ardent drinkers.

When I sometimes go for a piss towards the end of the first half at away games, i'm always amazed at how many people are queuing for a beer.

At Norwich, there was a very big chap sitting two or three seats away from us with a laptop type bag and every so often he opened it up to take a swig from a bottle of Bacardi.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2013, 01:31:17 PM »
Someone using the poppy issue to score points is infinitely more disrespectful than a few inadvertently disrupting the minute's silence. Well done.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2013, 01:46:31 PM »
Someone using the poppy issue to score points is infinitely more disrespectful than a few inadvertently disrupting the minute's silence. Well done.

This.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2013, 02:03:10 PM »

That's what I was thinking too. Next Saturday and Sunday are the days for it just as it always has been. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal