collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Rotterdam
[Today at 10:13:48 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 10:04:08 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Risso
[Today at 09:58:46 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:55:30 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:53:19 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by chrisw1
[Today at 09:47:38 AM]

Re: Robin Olsen by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:46:53 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Tony Daleys Shorts
[Today at 09:46:25 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Albrighton set to join wigan on loan.  (Read 16282 times)

Offline eastie

Re: Albrighton set to join wigan on loan.
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2013, 11:25:07 AM »
Well,Marc Albrighton is a winger not a midfielder/winger. Therefore Lambert's not interested no matter how well he does at Wigan.Even if he recovers the excellent form he showed under Houllier he will be on his bike when the contract runs out.

I would hope he goes somewhere where being a winger is appreciated by the manager.

You do realise he did actually start a few games first half of last season so clear Lambert did see something in him.

Maybe he saw him as a supply line for bent but both were quickly out of the team.
I think Marc needs to get back to the form he showed under houllier but we are playing a very different system now and  sadly I doubt lambert will change to include an out an out winger.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2013, 05:24:04 PM »
If Albrighton was playing as well as he did when he first broke into the team he'd have been given a chance. He hasn't. He's not looked a premier league player for quite a long while. Would be great if he can get that back, but I'll be very pleasantly surprised.

Offline eastie

« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2013, 05:32:28 PM »
If Albrighton was playing as well as he did when he first broke into the team he'd have been given a chance. He hasn't. He's not looked a premier league player for quite a long while. Would be great if he can get that back, but I'll be very pleasantly surprised.

Did he play yesterday ? Not checked.

Offline paulcomben

• GM : Oct, 2013
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2013, 05:39:44 PM »

59th minute sub for Jordi Gomez after the scoring had finished in a Wigan home 2-1 win.

Offline eastie

« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2013, 05:41:24 PM »

59th minute sub for Jordi Gomez after the scoring had finished in a Wigan home 2-1 win.
Cheers, at least he's getting some action then.

Online dekko

« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2013, 06:14:35 PM »
This week Wigan are off to the deepest depths of the russian steppe to play the pet team of a some chechen mafia guy (probably).

I'm not sure how the loan rules work - is Albrighton eligible to play in european games?

Offline timeoutbigbar

« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2013, 07:39:04 PM »
This week Wigan are off to the deepest depths of the russian steppe to play the pet team of a some chechen mafia guy (probably).

I'm not sure how the loan rules work - is Albrighton eligible to play in european games?

Yes, he isn't cup tied.  I can't see that we would have put a restriction on playing in Europe in the loan agreement.

Offline paulcomben

« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2013, 08:49:06 PM »

Yes, he isn't cup tied.  I can't see that we would have put a restriction on playing in Europe in the loan agreement.

Ironically then, when they all look back in retirement, Albrighton will have played more European games than any of his Academy peers. One.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2013, 08:55:37 PM »

Ironically then, when they all look back in retirement, Albrighton will have played more European games than any of his Academy peers. One.

You sure about that?

Offline paulcomben

« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2013, 09:30:47 PM »

You sure about that?

Not really. Just trying wit as a subsitute for being the supporter of a dominant football club.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2013, 10:14:48 AM »

You sure about that?

Not really. Just trying wit as a subsitute for being the supporter of a dominant football club.

He played a couple for us didn't he? Moscow and Vienna?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2013, 10:25:10 AM »

You have to register your European squad at about the end of August, so he won't be eligible. If he's still there in January, and they're still in Europe, you are allowed to change one or two players.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2013, 01:07:50 PM »

You sure about that?

He played a couple for us didn't he? Moscow and Vienna?

Weimann has at least one, as he got injured away in Vienna, in that horrible coin-throwing incident.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2013, 07:30:15 PM »
He made his full debut for us in the infamous Moscow game alongside a few others didn't he?

Offline Triggy

« Reply #89 on: November 10, 2013, 08:17:02 PM »
Watched him play today against my local side the "Mighty Yeovil!"
Played 70mins got a lot of the ball, took players on and his crosses were spot on too. There was of course the typical yellow card picked up for a needless foul on the halfway line after he lost possession.
But he must have looked around today and thought "What the hell am I doing here?!"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal