collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by aev
[Today at 03:51:02 PM]

VAR by Somniloquism
[Today at 03:49:31 PM]

Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 03:49:01 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:45:09 PM]

Robin Olsen by ExclDawg
[Today at 03:41:03 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by ExclDawg
[Today at 03:34:52 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Drummond
[Today at 03:31:50 PM]

Official Website by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:50:07 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by aev
[Today at 03:51:02 PM]

Re: FFP by Demitri_C
[Today at 03:50:32 PM]

Re: VAR by Somniloquism
[Today at 03:49:31 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 03:49:01 PM]

Re: FFP by andrew08
[Today at 03:48:45 PM]

Re: FFP by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 03:47:48 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 03:46:01 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:45:09 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Brigada Corner  (Read 108092 times)

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
Re: Brigada Corner
« Reply #525 on: September 04, 2013, 08:33:37 PM »
The club are interested in the idea of a 'supporter led consultation' so We need to think of as many ways as we can of reaching all the different demographics in our fan base. Until I meet up with the club, I won't entirely know what is feasible/useful but I'm also thinking of doing a survey monkey & getting that out on all the forums & spreading it via twitter & facebook. My worry with this is that it could get hijacked by noses or something and end up being useless. I've also got a smaller paper survey to do in person with people on match days. Its impoortant to get it right under people's noses.
Getting on the away buses is a good idea - but I won't be around that morning, so if anyone who is going is prepared to wander up & down their coach with a clipboard, that'd be useful.
Thank you for all the offers of help, I will be going back through the thread when the time comes!
The national safe standing petition has been posted on this thread somewhere, & I haven't mastered cutting & pasting on the iPad yet. I will try and re-post it though.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #526 on: September 04, 2013, 08:40:31 PM »
May be worth liaising with Steve Gough at Premier Travel.

Online frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #527 on: September 04, 2013, 09:26:37 PM »
Just checked and it states that the petition is closed.
Bugger!
Starting things off at VP might regenerate wider interest, but as you say amfy, we don't want Noses etc messing it up!
Keep us informed so that we can do what we can.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #528 on: September 04, 2013, 09:47:26 PM »
Away sections are crying out for terraces really. Back in the day we'd get seat and terrace allocations which would be ideal now for people in Breezeblocks situation and mine to a lesser degree with my 11 years lad.

For these of you who are lucky enough not to be old enough to remember if you thought the celebrations for Lowtons goal at Stoke or the Gabby winners at blose was fun multiply that by 5 if standing on a terrace.

We do need them back. What's the Liverpool take on it? I guess they would be influential in the process.

The celebrations for the Lowton goal at Stoke is exactly why im against the return of standing. I was in row 3 and despite trying to hold my ground I ended up sat on the advertising boards only just managing to stay off the pitch.

I also had a scratched face and buckled glasses.

I don't see the attraction of dealing with that week in week out.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #529 on: September 04, 2013, 09:48:31 PM »
Away sections are crying out for terraces really. Back in the day we'd get seat and terrace allocations which would be ideal now for people in Breezeblocks situation and mine to a lesser degree with my 11 years lad.

For these of you who are lucky enough not to be old enough to remember if you thought the celebrations for Lowtons goal at Stoke or the Gabby winners at blose was fun multiply that by 5 if standing on a terrace.

We do need them back. What's the Liverpool take on it? I guess they would be influential in the process.

The celebrations for the Lowton goal at Stoke is exactly why im against the return of standing. I was in row 3 and despite trying to hold my ground I ended up sat on the advertising boards only just managing to stay off the pitch.

You wouldn't have to. You could still sit down.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #530 on: September 04, 2013, 09:59:55 PM »
I suppose that if introducing a standing area meant that the rest of the ground had strict enforcement of the seating rules then I might be persuaded to change my mind.

However for now i would like to see the rules adhered to and enforced by stewards.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #531 on: September 04, 2013, 10:07:09 PM »
The key thing is there are fans that want standing and there should be provision to allow the club to offer the choice to the fans.  make a big safe standing area for the home fans and you might find that standing becomes a 'moments of excitement' situation elsewhere, which benefits both demographics.

Really well done to Amfy as well, it's good to see something positive coming out of this thread after some of the silliness earlier on.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #532 on: September 04, 2013, 10:36:57 PM »

The thing is with the proposed safe standing is that this wouldn't happen if we adopt the same sort of "seats that convert to terracing" that the Bundesliga clubs use. Basically you will have a crush barrier right across every row (or two rows if they pack them in) of terracing. Less likely to cause a surge then your traditional open terrace and much safer than standing in rows of low-backed seating.

Somethng like this:

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #533 on: September 04, 2013, 10:43:08 PM »
I want standing because of the Lowton goal. I nearly went over the seats in front twice and the seats behind once. It was only grabbing hold of some random blokes arm/jacket that I didn't face plant. Rail seats are the future for safe standing.

Offline sburymozza

« Reply #534 on: September 05, 2013, 06:47:06 AM »
   Can not seem to put it as a youtube link (Removed the s for you!)

The German way

Also subscribe to SafeStandingRoadshow on youtube
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 06:50:56 AM by Legion »

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #535 on: September 05, 2013, 07:59:34 AM »
I want standing because of the Lowton goal. I nearly went over the seats in front twice and the seats behind once. It was only grabbing hold of some random blokes arm/jacket that I didn't face plant. Rail seats are the future for safe standing.

Exactly. Safe standing is nothing like terracing, and also far safer than the current situation of standing in seated areas. The situation UK redsox describes would be prevented by a safe standing set up because the rails are set at a height made for standing, which prevents toppling, rather than ending up with a domino effect over seats when it all goes off.

Safe standing is much more akin to our current situation of standing at our seats than old style terraces, except it is safer. You will still have a ticket for a designated standing space, which is yours. You will not be dealing with crushes,  or surges like in the old days, and you won't be falling over your seat like now.

In Germany they do just sell general tickets for standing areas, without a designated spot, but we do not expect that to be the case here, at least not at first.

This will disappoint some people, but old style terraces are not coming back, and they are not coming back for 96 very good reasons. We are about safe standing - it is different.

It is also really important to remember that this also benefits people who want to sit. When we have designated standing areas, the people who want to stand will not be in front of you! The people who want to sit, can choose to sit and know that the persistent standers will be somewhere else.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #536 on: September 05, 2013, 08:05:00 AM »
It is also really important to remember that this also benefits people who want to sit. When we have designated standing areas, the people who want to stand will not be in front of you! The people who want to sit, can choose to sit and know that the persistent standers will be somewhere else.

This is the key bit for me.

Offline MarkM

« Reply #537 on: September 05, 2013, 08:30:14 AM »
If you are doing a survey just rememeber that you don't need a huge amount of responses to make it legit.

About 1-2% of our average attendance would be more than enough to get a balanced view that the club will take seriously [or should], you are looking at about 350 - 700.

If you canvase away support then it would be worth listing them seperately from the home fans as there view is likely to be more pro standing and the club will want to have a broad view accross the support base.

Online andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #538 on: September 05, 2013, 08:55:11 AM »
Yes about the away support but also about other areas of the ground as well. It took me years to get my late Father season tickets in the upper trinity second row, and we never stood there, only when the ball hit the net. So any opinion there has to be tainted by relevance. The opinion of a lower holte ender would carry more weight as they have to stand a lot anyway.

As far as clubs go just ask fans if they'd pay more to stand. If they answer is yes then I dare say it would be fast tracked through!

Offline Simba

« Reply #539 on: September 05, 2013, 09:01:00 AM »
Seats in 'end' areas like the Holte, largely don't work. In the Holte I end up standing just to see. ( I am 60- but that's fine, it's my choice to be there) until the stewards become heavy handed because of current legislation and risk to the clubs of closure. These laws insisting on sitting at all times are simply not enforceable in football. It is not a West End theatre.

The German safe standing design is the answer. then strongly monitored seat areas for those who want to sit.

IMHO and there are stats from Germany, I think it SAFER than seats as PWS pointed out.

It needs permission from the FA, for a trial area which can be installed by the clubs whose supporters want them. Then a roll out if successful.

Good luck Amfy. The emotions against are still very strong. I support safe standing.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal