collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Risso
[Today at 09:58:46 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:55:30 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:53:19 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by chrisw1
[Today at 09:47:38 AM]

Re: Robin Olsen by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:46:53 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Tony Daleys Shorts
[Today at 09:46:25 AM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 09:45:15 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:43:13 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Brigada Corner  (Read 108078 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Brigada Corner
« Reply #330 on: August 31, 2013, 11:58:16 PM »
Too many people on.this thread who are saying there is more to it but won't say,so what is the point of posting anything.If you can't say what is happening for legal reasons fine say so.But to post 'something is going on but I can't say what' is out of order.
Bang on bert!
The Brigada lads were ejected for standing. Allegedly.
Some are implying it was more than that. Allegedly.
Could somebody give us some idea of what "it" was?
Someone who enquired was told the police are involved so nothing more can be said at the moment. 

Dave with all due respect are people are going to be taken to court for standing up?

Which obviously means it's about something else as well. I don't know what/why/how but that's what I've been told.

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #331 on: September 01, 2013, 12:00:37 AM »
Too many people on.this thread who are saying there is more to it but won't say,so what is the point of posting anything.If you can't say what is happening for legal reasons fine say so.But to post 'something is going on but I can't say what' is out of order.
Bang on bert!
Someone who enquired was told the police are involved so nothing more can be said at the moment. 

Dave with all due respect are people are going to be taken to court for standing up?

Which obviously means it's about something else as well. I don't know what/why/how but that's what I've been told.

Or your being feed shit? That isnt meant to sound offensive iin anyway

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #332 on: September 01, 2013, 12:01:58 AM »
Bang on bert!

It's possible that someone I trust implicitly has lied to me for no reason or advantage, yes.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #333 on: September 01, 2013, 12:02:04 AM »
Bang on bert!

Thanks for that Dave.

Offline bertlambshank

« Reply #334 on: September 01, 2013, 12:03:25 AM »
PWS is that what you know or do you still have the thumbscrews on?

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #335 on: September 01, 2013, 12:04:01 AM »
Bang on bert!

It's possible that someone I trust implicitly has lied to me for no reason or advantage, yes.

No advantage or reason? You run the biggest Villa forum on the net.

Offline bertlambshank

« Reply #336 on: September 01, 2013, 12:05:21 AM »
Isn't John Lerwell's bigger?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #337 on: September 01, 2013, 12:05:28 AM »
PWS is that what you know or do you still have the thumbscrews on?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #338 on: September 01, 2013, 12:05:51 AM »
Isn't John Lerwell's bigger?

Not according to graffiti in the Holte bogs.

Offline bertlambshank

« Reply #339 on: September 01, 2013, 12:09:39 AM »
My god this is a mess innit.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #340 on: September 01, 2013, 12:10:37 AM »
Oh right ? Well rather than "change the record" I will answer the question.

Of course I'd be gutted if my area of the ground were closed by BCC. However if it were closed due to a bunch of lads doing their level best to support the team via singing clapping and trying to get some atmosphere going I would come down on the side of said support - in this case Brigada.

The club as I've said have let themselves down again .

How have thge club let themselves down?  I really don't understand why 2-3 people seem determined to demonise the club here.
Fuck me not again the targeting of certain people for standing.There was a lot more people standing in other areas of the ground and nothing was done to them.

Once more, please read carefully:

NO ONE ELSE in the ground is affiliated to a group that states they will stand all game, if this is purely about standing and they were targeted then it happened because they painted (in eye bleeding blue on their website) a big target on themselves.

Do you not understand that stating publicly that you're going to ignore a rule makes it really easy for you to be punished for ignoring the rule.
What about the people who aren't Brigada and sit in L8 but have to stand to see,do you throw them out and ban them as well?

What part of my post makes you think I see them thrown out or banned?  Surely I've made it clear enough now that I'm of the opinion that if you want to show that you care about stopping people standing you target people who state they are going to stand all game.  I really don't get how this is confusing you. 

I have a little experiment for you, go in to A supermarket and tell someone you're going to steal something, see what happens if you then try to get on with shopping and slip a chocolate bar into your pocket.  It's pretty much the same principle, if you're going to make a big deal about ignoring the rules don't be surprised if someone is upset about you ignoring the rules, it really is pretty basic logic.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #341 on: September 01, 2013, 12:10:48 AM »

Which makes no difference whatsoever. If a club that since 2006 has pretty much written the rulebook on being supporter-friendly has suddenly turned into the Wicked Stepmother they're not going to bother making up stories to all & sundry about their stewarding policy.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #342 on: September 01, 2013, 12:11:08 AM »
Bang on bert!
So at some time in the (near) future the police will tell us why.(?)
In the meantime we all have no idea what it is what we're not allowed to do!?
To give them time to make something up?
The rules should be applied across the board, to all present at the venue, not hidden away so that we are uncertain of what's tolerated, or not, sometimes but not all the time!
An announcement over the PA system to inform/remind all of the rules and possible action is perfectly reasonable and even expected.
But not in this case apparently.
Clearly there was a hidden agenda that the stewards and police were aware of but no-one else? 

Offline bertlambshank

« Reply #343 on: September 01, 2013, 12:18:04 AM »
Oh right ? Well rather than "change the record" I will answer the question.

Of course I'd be gutted if my area of the ground were closed by BCC. However if it were closed due to a bunch of lads doing their level best to support the team via singing clapping and trying to get some atmosphere going I would come down on the side of said support - in this case Brigada.

The club as I've said have let themselves down again .

How have thge club let themselves down?  I really don't understand why 2-3 people seem determined to demonise the club here.
Fuck me not again the targeting of certain people for standing.There was a lot more people standing in other areas of the ground and nothing was done to them.

Once more, please read carefully:

NO ONE ELSE in the ground is affiliated to a group that states they will stand all game, if this is purely about standing and they were targeted then it happened because they painted (in eye bleeding blue on their website) a big target on themselves.

Do you not understand that stating publicly that you're going to ignore a rule makes it really easy for you to be punished for ignoring the rule.
What about the people who aren't Brigada and sit in L8 but have to stand to see,do you throw them out and ban them as well?

What part of my post makes you think I see them thrown out or banned?  Surely I've made it clear enough now that I'm of the opinion that if you want to show that you care about stopping people standing you target people who state they are going to stand all game.  I really don't get how this is confusing you. 

I have a little experiment for you, go in to A supermarket and tell someone you're going to steal something, see what happens if you then try to get on with shopping and slip a chocolate bar into your pocket.  It's pretty much the same principle, if you're going to make a big deal about ignoring the rules don't be surprised if someone is upset about you ignoring the rules, it really is pretty basic logic.
When you hear the beep it's time for Dale's supermarket Sweep.You just don't get it at all.

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #344 on: September 01, 2013, 12:19:53 AM »

Which makes no difference whatsoever. If a club that since 2006 has pretty much written the rulebook on being supporter-friendly has suddenly turned into the Wicked Stepmother they're not going to bother making up stories to all & sundry about their stewarding policy.

Dave you edit a Villa Fanzine sit there during the next game and you tell everyone exactly what happens there except for persistent standing and lots of singing, you have the contacts to get there there will be a few empty seats now.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal