collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Brigada Corner  (Read 108044 times)

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
Re: Brigada Corner
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2013, 10:06:56 PM »
In what parallel universe is singing about the Villa a political statement?

Dave

you have surely seen the ANTIFA banners ,  its as bad as the old NF Villa banners at England games , I believe in zero politics at Football either way.

Ant-racism is as bad as racism. That's an interesting point of view.

missing the point , Football or sport in general should be spared from any political agenda .

Sorry to stick my beak in again. I will piss off in a bit. But while many of us would agree with you, does that happen? I mean some of the top clubs in various countries are overtly political (Barca, Celtic/Rangers as examples). I dont really like it either but it is a reality. The Brigada fellows seem positively tame in comparison , no?

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2013, 10:07:17 PM »

Dave

you have surely seen the ANTIFA banners ,  its as bad as the old NF Villa banners at England games , I believe in zero politics at Football either way.

missing the point , Football or sport in general should be spared from any political agenda .

It's not missing the point. You have some problem with Brigada because you perceive them as a political organisation, which when asked translates as they on occasion have held up an anti-racism banner - which is exactly what happens at football matches throughout the world on regular occasions, when it's supported by clubs and everyone from FIFA down. I've even seen policemen wearing anti-racist badges and if they can wear them then it's hardly a political issue.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2013, 10:08:35 PM »

Dave

Not really, not unless you say anti-racism is as bad as racism, or anti-fascism is as bad as fascism.

That's not politics, that's right versus wrong.

Offline Sunny Villa

« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2013, 10:09:52 PM »
As I have mentioned before. Villa is currently supported by the Tory prime-minister, ex head of the bank of england and the heir to the throne. If a few weekend marxists want to wave a Villa banner around then I am pretty sure we can accommodate that without being labelled as the club of the revolutionary left :)

As per my previous comments , why Politics in Football , it happened in the 70s how did that work out.  I am sure there are plenty of people with opposing views to them in the ground , why set up potential confrontation .

I have friends who both have their own political persuasions and whenever the subject comes up the discussions always end up heated .

Football is or should be a sanctuary from this , one goal , one team , AVFC .

Their blatant abuse of this is unsettling , hence why my concern .

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2013, 10:11:24 PM »
I pointed out that plenty of Villa were standing with no intervention , but these poor souls seem to have a problem with the authorities ,  if you are a hooligan you get treated differently , if you flagrantly break rules whether it be flares, Standing or whatever they will of course receive special attention , same horse different jockey .

Sounds like plenty of Villa have a problem with authority if as many were standing last night as has been said. It seems like they targeted the Holte End more than anything, seeing as how another poster here, Amfy, was told to sit down after Villa scored the first goal. I'm pretty stunned you're happy to see fellow Villa fans get treated this way, regardless of them breaking a petty rule such as standing.

Fair play to the people who walked out in solidarity with those who were chucked out. The club should say something about it really.

Offline Sunny Villa

« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2013, 10:20:26 PM »

Dave

It's not missing the point. You have some problem with Brigada because you perceive them as a political organisation, which when asked translates as they on occasion have held up an anti-racism banner - which is exactly what happens at football matches throughout the world on regular occasions, when it's supported by clubs and everyone from FIFA down. I've even seen policemen wearing anti-racist badges and if they can wear them then it's hardly a political issue.

Once again , Brigada  model themselves on the Ultra , their politics are pretty clear that is the Ultra movement ,   well guess what , not everybody at Villa will want to be represented by a group with political leanings that they may not agree with , same as you, myself and others would not want to be represented by the far right .

this debate demonstrates that politics and football should not mix as it is detrimental to the unity the club are trying to rebuild.

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2013, 10:22:27 PM »

this debate demonstrates that politics and football should not mix as it is detrimental to the unity the club are trying to rebuild.

Sunny, you brought it up!

Peace anyway, I'm off to bed. Roll on the weekend :)

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2013, 10:24:05 PM »
As I have mentioned before. Villa is currently supported by the Tory prime-minister, ex head of the bank of england and the heir to the throne. If a few weekend marxists want to wave a Villa banner around then I am pretty sure we can accommodate that without being labelled as the club of the revolutionary left :)

As per my previous comments , why Politics in Football , it happened in the 70s how did that work out.  I am sure there are plenty of people with opposing views to them in the ground , why set up potential confrontation .

I have friends who both have their own political persuasions and whenever the subject comes up the discussions always end up heated .

Football is or should be a sanctuary from this , one goal , one team , AVFC .

Their blatant abuse of this is unsettling , hence why my concern .

Fair enough mate. I appreciate the response.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2013, 10:27:00 PM »

Once again , Brigada  model themselves on the Ultra , their politics are pretty clear that is the Ultra movement ,   well guess what , not everybody at Villa will want to be represented by a group with political leanings that they may not agree with , same as you, myself and others would not want to be represented by the far right .

If their politics are so clear perhaps you could enlighten us, because you're the only one who has claimed that they are a political group. Everyone else  seems to think they're only interested in singing football songs.

Offline Sunny Villa

« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2013, 10:27:27 PM »

Dave

Not really, not unless you say anti-racism is as bad as racism, or anti-fascism is as bad as fascism.

That's not politics, that's right versus wrong.

So that seems fair , is not the ANTIFA movement very prevalent as are the Ultras in the G8 riots , for sure I have a problem with that ,   there are loads of us Villa fans that are very proud of our Country , Support our Troops , and support democracy which means that both sides have a right to free speech.

what I am saying , there are loads of platforms to put forward your political standing and football should not be one of them ,   

Offline Sunny Villa

« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2013, 10:35:11 PM »

If their politics are so clear perhaps you could enlighten us, because you're the only one who has claimed that they are a political group. Everyone else  seems to think they're only interested in singing football songs.

Dave , my reply is below but to emphasize it lets see what happens Nov 11th

Last year some of their comments about the troops on the pitch , which they quickly retracted . once challenged .

anyways , said my point and honestly abhor  Football and certainly Aston Villa being potentially used as a political platform .

Which in my personal view they represent .   and for the record I am not alone . 

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2013, 10:39:00 PM »
So that seems fair , is not the ANTIFA movement very prevalent as are the Ultras in the G8 riots , for sure I have a problem with that ,   there are loads of us Villa fans that are very proud of our Country , Support our Troops , and support democracy which means that both sides have a right to free speech.

what I am saying , there are loads of platforms to put forward your political standing and football should not be one of them ,   

Why does being anti fascist or anti racist mean you're in some way not proud of your country or dont support our troops?

There's no place for fascism within free speech - fascism seeks to end free speech and does not support democracy, it seeks to undermine it.

As for racism, I can't really believe I need to explain how that impinges on democracy or freedom of speech. Do i?

If you think this is a case where politics need to be kept out of sport, I take it you'll want the ending of the Kick It Out campaign?

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2013, 10:39:42 PM »

Dave , my reply is below but to emphasize it lets see what happens Nov 11th

Last year some of their comments about the troops on the pitch , which they quickly retracted . once challenged .

anyways , said my point and honestly abhor  Football and certainly Aston Villa being potentially used as a political platform .

Which in my personal view they represent .   and for the record I am not alone . 

Why should there be a problem on 11th November when there never has been before, and what comments about troops were these?

Offline Sunny Villa

« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2013, 10:43:48 PM »
I pointed out that plenty of Villa were standing with no intervention , but these poor souls seem to have a problem with the authorities ,  if you are a hooligan you get treated differently , if you flagrantly break rules whether it be flares, Standing or whatever they will of course receive special attention , same horse different jockey .

Sounds like plenty of Villa have a problem with authority if as many were standing last night as has been said. It seems like they targeted the Holte End more than anything, seeing as how another poster here, Amfy, was told to sit down after Villa scored the first goal. I'm pretty stunned you're happy to see fellow Villa fans get treated this way, regardless of them breaking a petty rule such as standing.

Fair play to the people who walked out in solidarity with those who were chucked out. The club should say something about it really.

So petty rules , like no smoking , no throwing flares should be ignored , well lets just go back to invading the pitch and kicking the benny out of each other , lets chuck a few bottles and get the monkey chants back .

if you break the rules you get punished , simples , if you don't want the time don't do the crime .

loads stand up and nothing gets said , you draw attention to yourself you will get pulled .

Offline Sunny Villa

« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2013, 10:45:50 PM »

Why does being anti fascist or anti racist mean you're in some way not proud of your country or dont support our troops?

There's no place for fascism within free speech - fascism seeks to end free speech and does not support democracy, it seeks to undermine it.

As for racism, I can't really believe I need to explain how that impinges on democracy or freedom of speech. Do i?

If you think this is a case where politics need to be kept out of sport, I take it you'll want the ending of the Kick It Out campaign?

Sorry but you ignored the G8 comment are the ANTIFA and the ULTRA MOVEMENT prevalent in these riots  ?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal