collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 876797 times)

Online kippaxvilla2

Re: Radio WM
« Reply #4560 on: August 11, 2021, 11:08:27 PM »
The start of the football season draws near. Time to bump this thread I feel, for a laugh.

Our Eddie not happy about Albion being back in the Championship. He's "never liked that Mickey Mouse league!".

Wondering when Bluenose Polly's going to pop up...

Are they still doing their lap of honour up in Sheffield?

Those that have made it back from Bruges and Sherlock Street yes.

Online wince

« Reply #4561 on: August 14, 2021, 05:48:25 PM »
Braved the shit match coverage and 46 mins into the phone in, no mentions of the villa and no calls from batshit fans. Bias or are we cleverer now? Didn’t realise how awful WM coverage is.

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #4562 on: January 24, 2022, 07:36:16 PM »
Nothing changes.  Some bore on tonight criticising the players for celebrating scoring on Saturday

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #4563 on: January 24, 2022, 07:37:57 PM »
Nothing changes.  Some bore on tonight criticising the players for celebrating scoring on Saturday
probably a blue nose - they're not used to seeing their players celebrate

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4564 on: January 24, 2022, 07:50:55 PM »

Really? If that bore is reading this, you're a twat. A massive twat.

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #4565 on: January 24, 2022, 07:59:23 PM »
That was a Villa fan

Offline The Edge

« Reply #4566 on: January 24, 2022, 08:07:04 PM »

I was listening to it. If it's the same person he's a Villa fan I think he said from Rubery. He's saying that it's wrong for away team players to celebrate in front of the home end and the league should ban it. It's bollocks of course because celebrating a goal is spontaneous and all teams do it. Var is already taking away some of the joy of celebrating goals and the last thing we need is even more killjoy interference. I was waiting for the host to put him right but he didn't of course. What he should of said was we need to all grow up a bit and accept the fact that other teams score goals against our favourites. Concentrate on catching the culprits then hit them hard with long bans and fines. People need to stop acting like cry babies and learn to take set backs however it might hurt. Hurling insults is a lot better than hurling missiles so long as they're not racist or homophobic etc.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 08:09:12 PM by The Edge »

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #4567 on: January 24, 2022, 10:27:50 PM »

I was listening to it. If it's the same person he's a Villa fan I think he said from Rubery. He's saying that it's wrong for away team players to celebrate in front of the home end and the league should ban it. It's bollocks of course because celebrating a goal is spontaneous and all teams do it. Var is already taking away some of the joy of celebrating goals and the last thing we need is even more killjoy interference. I was waiting for the host to put him right but he didn't of course. What he should of said was we need to all grow up a bit and accept the fact that other teams score goals against our favourites. Concentrate on catching the culprits then hit them hard with long bans and fines. People need to stop acting like cry babies and learn to take set backs however it might hurt. Hurling insults is a lot better than hurling missiles so long as they're not racist or homophobic etc.

When we lost at Old Trafford in the cup their players celebrated right in front of us with the whole of the rest of the ground to choose from!

Offline The Edge

« Reply #4568 on: January 24, 2022, 11:00:23 PM »

When we lost at Old Trafford in the cup their players celebrated right in front of us with the whole of the rest of the ground to choose from!
I remember them getting a last gasp winner at Villa Park and their players and fans celebrated together on our bloody pitch. Vidic took off his top and dived into their fans and didn't get booked. But that's Man Utd so normal rules don't apply obviously.

Offline cannock villa

« Reply #4569 on: January 25, 2022, 07:55:11 AM »
Only really listen every now and then. What's happened to Rego and Franksy ?

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #4570 on: January 25, 2022, 09:50:14 AM »
I think Mark Regan took redundancy and now works for Villa commentating on Villa TV. Or was that Mike Taylor?

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #4571 on: January 25, 2022, 09:54:59 AM »
The issue with suggesting that teams can only celebrate in front of their own fans is when the likes of Newcastle stick away supporters in the clouds.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #4572 on: January 25, 2022, 09:57:15 AM »
I think Mark Regan took redundancy and now works for Villa commentating on Villa TV. Or was that Mike Taylor?

It was Regan. WM don't have dedicated Villa commentator now, it's shared out amongst Taylor, Wilford and Gurney. With the exception of the phone in, the sport is just about the only slightly professional sounding broadcasting on the station now, it's become the opposite of what the BBC should be providing in terms of Local Radio, part commercial nonsense, part lazy "will this do" content and of no value to the West Midlands whatsoever. A great shame.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #4573 on: January 25, 2022, 11:24:50 AM »
The issue with suggesting that teams can only celebrate in front of their own fans is when the likes of Newcastle stick away supporters in the clouds.
Ha ha. Good point.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #4574 on: January 26, 2022, 12:45:57 AM »

It was Regan. WM don't have dedicated Villa commentator now, it's shared out amongst Taylor, Wilford and Gurney. With the exception of the phone in, the sport is just about the only slightly professional sounding broadcasting on the station now, it's become the opposite of what the BBC should be providing in terms of Local Radio, part commercial nonsense, part lazy "will this do" content and of no value to the West Midlands whatsoever. A great shame.

At least Henry Liston has been nowhere near it this season.  He predominantly covers the Wolves, but I do think Mike Taylor is actually pretty good when he does the presenting on there. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal