collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Morgan Rogers - Signed by OCD
[Today at 11:13:37 AM]

Re: Loanwatch 2023/24 by paul_e
[Today at 11:12:08 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Drummond
[Today at 11:11:04 AM]

Olympiacos flights by Des Little
[Today at 11:08:37 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:06:24 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Drummond
[Today at 11:00:31 AM]

Re: Morgan Rogers - Signed by Drummond
[Today at 10:52:47 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:50:46 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 881342 times)

Offline stuart r

• Location: Highley (Home of the Gerry Hitchens Fitness Suite at the local leisure centre- He started his career with Highley Miners Welfare)
Re: Radio WM
« Reply #4410 on: October 07, 2020, 11:49:48 AM »
Is Alex Russon related to Tim Russon - who used to be their sports anchorman.

Not that I'm aware of. Ask him when he's on here next.

I'm related to Alex Russon (he's my brother) so can confirm neither of us are related to Tim Russon

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #4411 on: October 07, 2020, 11:54:50 AM »
Thanks Stuart - was just curious.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #4412 on: October 07, 2020, 01:36:32 PM »
The Albion guy Rob Gurney is actually a Coventry fan.

Richard Wilford is a Coventry fan.  A Coventry fan covering Blues - double dose of bitterness!!

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #4413 on: October 07, 2020, 01:51:28 PM »
The Albion guy Rob Gurney is actually a Coventry fan.

Even more sympathetic to us as a neutral then! His commentary style always seems to be  one of impending doom which is probably no surprise given he's covered Albion for donkeys years on them.

Also annoys me how he just shouts the players surname for about 5 seconds and then you have to wait for Bomber Brown to cheer to hear whether a goal has been scored or not.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #4414 on: October 30, 2020, 06:56:54 PM »
Mark Regan just announced on the show that he has taken voluntary redundancy and is leaving WM at the end of November after 17 years.

Aside from the pissing about when he is on with Franks, I actually think he has done a pretty decent and balanced job covering the Villa and wonder who they have got lined up to replace him. 

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #4415 on: October 30, 2020, 07:11:42 PM »
Mark Regan just announced on the show that he has taken voluntary redundancy and is leaving WM at the end of November after 17 years.

Aside from the pissing about when he is on with Franks, I actually think he has done a pretty decent and balanced job covering the Villa and wonder who they have got lined up to replace him. 

Polly.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #4416 on: October 30, 2020, 07:14:16 PM »
Sad to  hear about Mark Reagan leaving ,why could it not been one or two of the other useless idiots like the one who does the Small Heath and the Bears

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #4417 on: October 30, 2020, 07:38:38 PM »
Always does a good job on the commentary for our games and backing us when WUM of other clubs come on the phone ins.

Better not be an internal appointment to cover our games, can you imagine Wilford or Rob Gurney covering our games?!

Mind you with WM budget they'll probably appoint Jack Woodward!

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #4418 on: October 30, 2020, 08:49:33 PM »

Mind you with WM budget they'll probably appoint Jack Woodward!
he's probably still on twitter sending DM's to young women. Allegedly.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #4419 on: October 30, 2020, 08:55:45 PM »
I liked Regan - he was on quite a bit in the championship seasons with Gary Thompson

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4420 on: October 30, 2020, 09:05:45 PM »
Only tuned in to the phone in once in the past two weeks. There's a very young and inexperienced presenter now and it sounds so bloody amateurish. I think Radio Norfolks finest would be an improvement. There also seems to be an effort to make the show more Black Country focused. They even ran a piece asking viewers whether Raul Jiminez is the best striker in the Premier league. Whatever people want to believe I think it's safe to say we are without doubt the club with the biggest fanbase in the region. If they keep alienating us and don't replace Regan with a proper Villa representative on the show they will see their ratings plummet even further. They will only have themselves to blame.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #4421 on: October 30, 2020, 09:46:50 PM »
Don’t tell me they haven’t got rid of that useless YTS Liverpool fan yet?!  If this show survives into next season I’ll be amazed. 

Offline Simon Page

« Reply #4422 on: October 30, 2020, 09:53:37 PM »
There are a lot of good people leaving the BBC at the minute. Be very afraid of what is left behind. Remember when Radio 1 had to go through some wilderness years, like Five Live still is? It's everywhere now.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #4423 on: October 30, 2020, 10:37:19 PM »
Everyone deserves a chance especially the youth of today, but the footie phone in is more painful than ever now, I’ve only tuned in about twice since the season started. Although it is quite funny hearing the thinly disguised disdain in the voices of old hacks like Rob Gurney, having to engage with this yoof Henry or whatever his name is.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #4424 on: October 31, 2020, 08:55:41 AM »
Regan will be a loss, particularly for us. While Gurney and Wilford don't follow Villa, they are actually good broadcasters, particularly the latter and I would have no problem with either calling one of our games. I don't want cheerleaders covering our games, I want to know the facts. Regan and Thompson were great at this.

My fear is that local coverage will disappear altogether, as bad as some of it is it provides balance to the national media's obsession with a handful of sides.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal