collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 05:04:35 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 05:04:11 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 05:03:52 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dave
[Today at 05:03:00 PM]

Re: The NFL Thread (with added College Football) by Proposition Joe
[Today at 05:01:49 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 05:00:40 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Villafirst
[Today at 05:00:21 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by DB
[Today at 04:59:22 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 881713 times)

Offline Damo70

Re: Radio WM
« Reply #3375 on: September 17, 2018, 11:02:40 PM »
Tonight may have just been a Wolves 90 minute special.  The rest of us scum may as well no longer exist.  They also seem to have this obsession with boring us all to death with the thoughts of Mel Eves for ten minutes.
The gloating Wolves bias continues to reach new levels. Wheeling out Mel Eves is so bloody nauseating. He was talking about John Wark today, ex Ipswich, and he said how unlucky they were not to win the league in 81' without mention of the local team who actually did win the league that year. I shouted fuck off at the radio. Scared the shit out of the Mrs who was cooking dinner!  I'm going to say something I never thought I would. I would love Man U to batter them in their next game to shut the cocky bastards up.

Villa beat Ipswich to the league title in '81 by four points. Liverpool beat Ipswich to the title in '82 by four points. How come they are so obsessed with 1981 and never mention their identical failure the following year?

Online joniboy

« Reply #3376 on: September 17, 2018, 11:02:58 PM »
Yeah, I heard mel eves too and listened out to see if he'd mention the team that finished above ipswich (y'know, the team that actually WON the league that year) but alas, he didn't. Sad little man, ay he ?

On a side note, I believe that Paul Franks went to school in Aston, across aston park - to the same school his brother jimmy franks (and I) went to - King Edwards VI (I could be wrong but I'm fairly sure I'm correct)........surely that would have an influence in who he'd support ?
Yes, sure there were noses, boggies and a few glory hunting liverpool fans when i was at KEGS, so its not a default setting that you were villa if you went there. If Franks is a doghead, then I wonder what the connection is - apart from his mankini mince about at the custard bowl ?

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #3377 on: September 17, 2018, 11:05:57 PM »
The day I give a flying fcuk about what a nonentity like Mel Eves thinks will be a sad one indeed.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #3378 on: September 17, 2018, 11:50:54 PM »
I remember many years ago last game of season in Brian Little's first season we were away to Norwich (I think) and although unlikely there was still a chance we could be relegated.
Radio WM had the live commentary of not our game but Wolves game which had nothing riding on it, so there obsession with anything orange is not new.Fuck em

I maybe wrong and happy to be corrected on it, but growing up the football coverage on BRMB and the XTRA AM (?) tended to focus on the two Birmingham teams and WM redressed it a bit with more coverage of Wolves and Albion. 

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #3379 on: September 18, 2018, 03:41:42 PM »
I keep it simple.  I have a strong dislike for every other team than ours, particularly our local rivals, who I fiercely dislike in equal measure.

Yeah this.

I thought I could tolerate "Plucky Burton" till we played them competitively.
Same would be true for Walsall.

Concept of a "second favourite team" doesn't really gel. Could possibly go for Hibs now, but only till we play them in a newly rejuvenated Anglo-Scottish Cup !

The Acka Doctrine still holds good.

Go on.....

"There's 92 league teams, Tone. An' I 'ate 91 of 'em."

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #3380 on: September 18, 2018, 03:46:16 PM »
A man after my own heart.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #3381 on: September 18, 2018, 05:59:38 PM »
Oh god it’s another Wolves love-in on WM tonight.

Online Behind Bluenose Lines

• Location: Hanging on in Quiet Desperation During a Global Pandemic
  • GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #3382 on: September 18, 2018, 06:02:20 PM »
Oh god it’s another Wolves love-in on WM tonight.

Fuck 'em: I'm getting the washing in before I get ready to leave for the game...

Acka. God bless him.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #3383 on: September 18, 2018, 06:45:38 PM »
I know I shouldn’t listen to it, but some Wolves fan has just claimed that this Wolves team is playing the best football ever seen from a West Midland team in the PL. the worst part is that ‘Call me Franksy’ and Garry Thompson (who should know better) agreed with him.
Perhaps they’ve forgotten us finishing 2nd place under Big Ron playing the best football I’ve seen at Villa Park, or maybe Brian Little’s exciting style of football?
Fuck it I’m off to the match.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #3384 on: September 18, 2018, 07:18:48 PM »
I know I shouldn’t listen to it, but some Wolves fan has just claimed that this Wolves team is playing the best football ever seen from a West Midland team in the PL. the worst part is that ‘Call me Franksy’ and Garry Thompson (who should know better) agreed with him.
Perhaps they’ve forgotten us finishing 2nd place under Big Ron playing the best football I’ve seen at Villa Park, or maybe Brian Little’s exciting style of football?

in fairness they probably have forgotten it was that long ago mate

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #3385 on: September 18, 2018, 07:34:08 PM »

Thought the same.

This Wolves team who are blowing teams away 1-0.

I don’t deny they have the potential, but Jesus Wept the arrogance is astounding.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #3386 on: September 18, 2018, 10:03:33 PM »
I remember many years ago last game of season in Brian Little's first season we were away to Norwich (I think) and although unlikely there was still a chance we could be relegated.
Radio WM had the live commentary of not our game but Wolves game which had nothing riding on it, so there obsession with anything orange is not new.Fuck em

Sorry mate - that was their play off semi final game v Bolton Wanderers. Me and my mate were flicking between that on ITV, the 2 matches on Sky (Manure v Hammers when Blackburn won league) and listening to the radio Tom Ross commentary at the Villa game.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #3387 on: September 18, 2018, 10:06:37 PM »
At least that Pratt Pat seems to have stopped calling in these days.

Offline kiddylion

« Reply #3388 on: September 19, 2018, 06:49:31 PM »
Wednesday evening & Wolves fans are still calling in purring about Sunday’s result.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #3389 on: September 19, 2018, 07:06:33 PM »
Wednesday evening & Wolves fans are still calling in purring about Sunday’s result.

Better listening than our two resident morons Alan and robot Jay let's be honest

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal