collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 882483 times)

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
Re: Radio WM
« Reply #3360 on: September 12, 2018, 10:46:03 AM »
I don't mind Wolves or their fans.  They've suffered a lot of shit years and maybe are overdue a bit of success, be it moderate or world domination.  I'd hazard a guess that the ones genuinely believing in the latter and spouting off about it are very much a minority.  In any case wouldn't it be good for the midlands to have two big successful clubs in the region, especially if neither of them are Clues or WBA?   It would give us something to compete against that the Blues have never managed to provide and probably never will.

If the spouting off ones are a minority I must have met an unrepresentative sample ever since I can remember.  Almost to a man they've always been laughably self-important and more than anything so serious with it. At least the others will laugh at themselves but with a Wolves fan there's invariably a nasty edge to their boasting.

To be fair I've hardly ever met any Wolves fans either growing up in Smethwick or elsewhere in the country/world.  I've often bumped into Blues and Albion fans wherever I've been living or visiting, but hardly ever Wolves.  Maybe they're a very parochial bunch.  Anyway not really a representative sample and probably why I've always thought of them as harmless.  I actually encountered very few Blues fans growing up either, but hated WBA "fans" (in inverted commas because most of them never actually went to games)  growing up when we were on the way to and from the third division and they were top flight and won the FA Cup.  I now don't mind Albion so much but can't stand the Blues since the 2003 "power shift" bollocks.  I can also say that a although I've met some perfectly decent Blues fans over the years , my  experience confirms the generally held view that they do have a very high ratio of utter arseholes following them. 

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #3361 on: September 12, 2018, 11:05:56 AM »
I keep it simple.  I have a strong dislike for every other team than ours, particularly our local rivals, who I fiercely dislike in equal measure.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #3362 on: September 12, 2018, 11:43:17 AM »
What puzzles me is the reaction to promotion from some of the fans last season. Variously described as a "dream come true", "best day of my life", "unbelievable" etc etc. If said fans were under 10 years of age I could understand it, however they'd only been out of the top flight for six years. I didn't find it annoying, just really odd.

Probably more the style they did it in.

Plenty talking about Neves being the greatest player they've ever seen play for them. Little bit different to the Mick grinders a few years back.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #3363 on: September 12, 2018, 02:13:08 PM »
Plenty talking about Neves being the greatest player they've ever seen play for them.

I'd guess Neves is also in the top 20 worst players they've ever seen play for them.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #3364 on: September 17, 2018, 07:23:55 PM »
Tonight may have just been a Wolves 90 minute special.  The rest of us scum may as well no longer exist.  They also seem to have this obsession with boring us all to death with the thoughts of Mel Eves for ten minutes.

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #3365 on: September 17, 2018, 07:34:47 PM »
Tonight may have just been a Wolves 90 minute special.  The rest of us scum may as well no longer exist.  They also seem to have this obsession with boring us all to death with the thoughts of Mel Eves for ten minutes.

Comparisons were made with Barcelona. Laughably pathetic from Radio WM aka Wolves Media.

Offline Pvb1968

« Reply #3366 on: September 17, 2018, 08:18:23 PM »
Radio wm, based in the centre of Birmingham yet wet themselves over a team from Stafford. I stopped listening a few years ago after having a charity bet with call me Frank'sy. I tried to have another bet with him the following season and he bottled it, when dematteo took charge. Some how we need a radio station that feeds the needs of all supporters from the area and more importantly does that In a positive way.

Offline boutrosboutrosgnarly

« Reply #3367 on: September 17, 2018, 08:36:25 PM »
I remember many years ago last game of season in Brian Little's first season we were away to Norwich (I think) and although unlikely there was still a chance we could be relegated.
Radio WM had the live commentary of not our game but Wolves game which had nothing riding on it, so there obsession with anything orange is not new.Fuck em

Offline Pvb1968

« Reply #3368 on: September 17, 2018, 08:44:01 PM »
Does polly the nose still phone in? I always imagined her sitting in an old terraced house in small heath surrounded by 300 cats.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #3369 on: September 17, 2018, 09:39:35 PM »
Does polly the nose still phone in? I always imagined her sitting in an old terraced house in small heath surrounded by 300 cats.

From Small Heath you say?  In that case, she is surrounded by at least 300 ******.

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #3370 on: September 17, 2018, 10:08:38 PM »
At my mom's yesterday, half-heartedly listening to WM. The presenters were reminiscing about their former producer on a commercial station who did some kind of 'where's Barry (?) in the wheelie bin' quiz. Apparently the bin was near Villa Park at one stage. There was then another quiz, where White Dee of Benefits Street fame was the quiz master/judge. One of the presenters was, I think, a Spurs fan, and there was an in depth discussion (ok, may be exaggerating for effect) about the Spurs Liverpool game the day before. Apart from Barry in the bin (who now has a well paid corporate job apparently) being near Villa Park, the show didn't strike me as focussing on the West Midlands.

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #3371 on: September 17, 2018, 10:09:46 PM »
I keep it simple.  I have a strong dislike for every other team than ours, particularly our local rivals, who I fiercely dislike in equal measure.

Yeah this.

I thought I could tolerate "Plucky Burton" till we played them competitively.
Same would be true for Walsall.

Concept of a "second favourite team" doesn't really gel. Could possibly go for Hibs now, but only till we play them in a newly rejuvenated Anglo-Scottish Cup !

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #3372 on: September 17, 2018, 10:26:27 PM »

Yeah this.

Concept of a "second favourite team" doesn't really gel. Could possibly go for Hibs now, but only till we play them in a newly rejuvenated Anglo-Scottish Cup !

The Acka Doctrine still holds good.

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #3373 on: September 17, 2018, 10:31:58 PM »

Yeah this.

The Acka Doctrine still holds good.

Go on.....

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3374 on: September 17, 2018, 10:45:36 PM »
The gloating Wolves bias continues to reach new levels. Wheeling out Mel Eves is so bloody nauseating. He was talking about John Wark today, ex Ipswich, and he said how unlucky they were not to win the league in 81' without mention of the local team who actually did win the league that year. I shouted fuck off at the radio. Scared the shit out of the Mrs who was cooking dinner!  I'm going to say something I never thought I would. I would love Man U to batter them in their next game to shut the cocky bastards up.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal