collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Match of the Day Thread  (Read 45575 times)

Offline Tokyo Sexwhale

The Match of the Day Thread
« on: August 17, 2013, 10:36:28 PM »
Did I blink and miss Villa in the opening titles?

Also, a general thread for moaning about the small quantity of shrift Lineker and his golf buddies give us this season.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: The Match of the Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 10:55:58 PM »
You love it really. No ads and just the right amount of highlights of games.

Offline SimonP

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 11:01:15 PM »
they showed 2 seconds of lowton celebrating away at stoke

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 11:13:20 PM »
Never ceases to amaze me how many actual goalscoring chances they actually cut. Our Chelsea game from last season, they didn't show lichaj hitting the bar and today they cut Rosicky blazing over when through on goal at 1-1 which I thought was pretty crucial as the penalty happened right after.

Still decent analysis.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 11:16:39 PM »
We have Canal plus over here and they have made the first game, highlights, Arse v Villa. HAPPY CHAPPY.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 11:18:07 PM »
Thought they were very positive about us tonight.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2013, 11:19:47 PM »
Did I blink and miss Villa in the opening titles?

Also, a general thread for moaning about the small quantity of shrift Lineker and his golf buddies give us this season.

Apart from the obvious Manure changes, they are now using the same opening credits for the last three years or so. The Villa one, (apart from showing offside goals scored against us) is usually a shot of the screen in the corner with a Villa player on it. They had Bent on there for most of the season (in a COWS shirt) and changed it to Benteke for the last two months. Now, as they still can't believe he is still in our shirt, they have decided to show Lowton celebrating for a micro second.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2013, 11:22:52 PM »
Still decent analysis.

Certainly put an end to any question as to whether the second penalty was a foul.

Offline peter w

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2013, 11:31:37 PM »
Never ceases to amaze me how many actual goalscoring chances they actually cut. Our Chelsea game from last season, they didn't show lichaj hitting the bar and today they cut Rosicky blazing over when through on goal at 1-1 which I thought was pretty crucial as the penalty happened right after.

Still decent analysis.

It was Delph hitting the post that came right after.

Online maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2013, 11:31:58 PM »
Thought it was a very good analysis on the second penalty. Also agreed Vlaar should have gone.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2013, 11:33:22 PM »
Thought they were pretty good to us tonight. What bliss not having to hear the inane whitterings of that pair of twats Lawro and Hanso.

Online itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2013, 11:43:38 PM »
Thought it was a very good analysis on the second penalty. Also agreed Vlaar should have gone.
if only they told the viewers why contact with the ball does not mean it isn't a foul. Probably because they don't know that?

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2013, 12:03:32 AM »
There was more Villa related material showing in the opening credits of the Football League show then there was on the MotD opening effort..

Offline AlwaysAVFC

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2013, 12:31:29 AM »
if only they told the viewers why contact with the ball does not mean it isn't a foul. Probably because they don't know that?

Was watching premier league years the other day and it had the game where Roger Johnson brought down Gabby which was a similar situation. This time as it showed he brought Gabby down before the ball, but even if he touched the ball first he didn't touch it enough to prevent Gabby getting it without taking him down. I think it was a definite penalty but having said that I would of been pissed off it was the other way round.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2013, 01:08:40 AM »

Was watching premier league years the other day and it had the game where Roger Johnson brought down Gabby which was a similar situation. This time as it showed he brought Gabby down before the ball, but even if he touched the ball first he didn't touch it enough to prevent Gabby getting it without taking him down. I think it was a definite penalty but having said that I would of been pissed off it was the other way round.

Pissed off or not that's the rule, it wasn't the rule maybe 5 years ago but is now. it's one of many things that annoys me about pundits and commentators a like in how they haven't kept apace with the rules.

Gabby should and will get plenty of penalties playing in this role.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal