collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Dave
[Today at 03:07:56 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 03:00:41 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 02:58:06 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Monty
[Today at 02:54:11 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by LeeB
[Today at 02:51:15 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Astnor
[Today at 02:46:26 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by LeeB
[Today at 02:36:48 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Astnor
[Today at 02:28:48 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Your old programmes  (Read 23397 times)

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
Re: Your old programmes
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2013, 05:46:34 PM »
Emptied my loft a few years ago when I moved and gave all of my programmes going back as far as the 60s to my nephew/godson.
For the last few years I have passed all my programmes (and H&Vs) to his son.
Keeping it in the family and the tradition going!
UTV!

From the Villa v Stoke programme dated April 23rd 1949.

VILLA TEAMSTERS No. 8  FRANK MOSS
A worthy son of a famous father.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2013, 05:56:20 PM »
Emptied my loft a few years ago when I moved and gave all of my programmes going back as far as the 60s to my nephew/godson.
For the last few years I have passed all my programmes (and H&Vs) to his son.
Keeping it in the family and the tradition going!
UTV!

From the Villa v Stoke programme dated April 23rd 1949.

VILLA TEAMSTERS No. 8  FRANK MOSS
A worthy son of a famous father.
This is wonderful Andy.
Thanks so much for this.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 12:36:21 PM »
I've got every news and record from 1991-1992 - present.  Get one every week. Have all of our Wembley Finals from 1971 - present.

Started going to aways heavily when i turned 16 in 2001 so also have the vast majority of aways from 2001 onwards.  I need something decent to store them in!

They are all at my dads currently, as living in a one bedroom city centre flat I don't have room for them all. 

Offline E I Adio

• GM : 09.10.2020
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2013, 02:04:22 PM »
Went up into the loft last week for the first time in donkey's years. Found the two crates of programmes from the late '50's onwards that I knew were up there. Unfortunately, they were so bloody heavy that I could hardly lift them, so for the time being at least they are still up there. Still wondering how I managed to shift them up there. Will have another go when I've fixed the lights that declined to work, so that I can sit amongst the cobwebs and immerse myself in an orgy of nostalgia.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2013, 06:12:10 PM »
Not strictly programmes (well not at all actually) but Ive just received the Sports Argus 57/58 Annual (bought off Ebay) A cracking delve into Midlands nostalgia.Lots about our Cup winning exploits against the odds. I was surprised to read that our much loved neighbours across the city achieved a 2-1 victory against Inter Milan in the Fairs Cup.Ron Atkinson before he joined us played for BSA Tools and Wolves!

I bet most of the older supporters bought the Annual each year. Worth every penny of the 1/6 they charged.

Offline E I Adio

• GM : 09.10.2020
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2013, 06:58:41 PM »
Not strictly programmes (well not at all actually) but Ive just received the Sports Argus 57/58 Annual (bought off Ebay) A cracking delve into Midlands nostalgia.Lots about our Cup winning exploits against the odds. I was surprised to read that our much loved neighbours across the city achieved a 2-1 victory against Inter Milan in the Fairs Cup.Ron Atkinson before he joined us played for BSA Tools and Wolves!

I bet most of the older supporters bought the Annual each year. Worth every penny of the 1/6 they charged.

1/6d? Bloody hell. That was three weeks' pocket money.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2013, 08:41:15 AM »
I have the Everton "trilogy" of LC final programmes. All in decent condition, thinking about a long frame for all of them in one.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2013, 06:32:56 PM »
I have the Antwerp away programme from 1975. I think this is quite rare and worth a bit of money?

Offline somec

• GM : 01.08.2020
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2013, 11:56:58 PM »
I have the Antwerp away programme from 1975. I think this is quite rare and worth a bit of money?

I sold my copy on ebay for about 25 quid a few years back.

Offline Sunny Villa

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2013, 12:55:12 AM »
i have the besiktas away from 1983 ,  the only thing i returned with apart from the clothes i was standing in and a passport

Offline somec

• GM : 01.08.2020
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2013, 03:55:53 AM »
i have the besiktas away from 1983 ,  the only thing i returned with apart from the clothes i was standing in and a passport

Sounds like a good trip. Any more details?

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2013, 12:47:10 PM »
I have the away surrender at CSKA programme. Not sure it's worth anything mind, it's a fairly shoddy programme.

Offline lennythekad

• GM : 25.01.2023
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2013, 05:17:24 PM »
I used to have every Lge and cup game, home and away, plus most friendlies and postponements from May 1956 when I was born, until the end of 83/4 season, plus quite a few FA cup ties from 1945-56. I sold the lot to Reg Thacker to make room in the back bedroom for the arrival of my first lad, in July 84. I still wake up in a cold sweat nearly thirty years later, regretting the day I sold them.
Some of the early LC ties are rarer than rocking horse shit, as are some of the third division aways.
Most home games in the last forty years aren't worth much and most dealers wouldn't buy them off you, unless it was part off a collection, with a few rarities in it.

Offline NatP

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2013, 09:56:57 PM »
I have the away surrender at CSKA programme. Not sure it's worth anything mind, it's a fairly shoddy programme.
Taking this thread back to the opening post, Dave Bridgewater did an article about the CSKA away programme (I think in the first Rapid Vienna programme).
The official programme in Moscow was limited to a few 100 copies because of some Russian tax regulations. There were half a dozen different pirate programmes all of which he had in the article.
I don't think it was worth a huge amount but probably one of the more valuable ones in recent years.

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2013, 10:07:55 PM »
I used to have every Lge and cup game, home and away, plus most friendlies and postponements from May 1956 when I was born, until the end of 83/4 season, plus quite a few FA cup ties from 1945-56. I sold the lot to Reg Thacker to make room in the back bedroom for the arrival of my first lad, in July 84. I still wake up in a cold sweat nearly thirty years later, regretting the day I sold them.
Some of the early LC ties are rarer than rocking horse shit, as are some of the third division aways.
Most home games in the last forty years aren't worth much and most dealers wouldn't buy them off you, unless it was part off a collection, with a few rarities in it.
What are Ya!!!!
Donut or what....what an error of judgement i hope Reg gave you a fair price!!!
My own collection goes back as far as 1949.......not for sale.....not gonna try and go any earlier  although got a couple of bound volumes from 1927/8 and 1933/4.
1982 European Final pennant given to our Dennis proudly on my wall.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal