collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Antonio Manuel Luna Rodríguez  (Read 88478 times)

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: Antonio Manuel Luna Rodríguez
« Reply #195 on: August 10, 2013, 08:19:31 PM »
So who the fuq was he, then? We should be told. Malaga are the fifth best team in Europe. How did "Rocky" Santa Cruz get on back in Blighty by the way?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #196 on: August 10, 2013, 08:21:35 PM »
Just looked him up, he's only 20 and on loan at Malaga. Get in there Lambert and sign him up!

Offline peter w

« Reply #197 on: August 11, 2013, 01:47:15 AM »
On loan from whom, though?

Offline *shellac*

« Reply #198 on: August 11, 2013, 04:39:44 AM »
Widzew Lodz.

Offline richardhubbard

« Reply #199 on: August 11, 2013, 08:36:13 AM »
Thought Luna was awful today, got skinned a couple of times.

You need to take some happy pills!

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #200 on: August 11, 2013, 09:10:05 AM »
So, Luna got skinned a couple of times and Tonev was "woeful".

Have you been in the 'right to moan' thread yet? - you'll do well on there.

Offline supertom

« Reply #201 on: August 11, 2013, 09:26:02 AM »
Thought Tony played okay today. Overall he looks a snip at 3 mill.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #202 on: August 11, 2013, 10:51:33 AM »

I wasn't there yesterday but I was in Dublin last week and I thought both Luna and Tonev were poor in the Rovers match and it sounds like they were just as bad yesterday. Nothing wrong with telling it as you see it.
I liked the look of Okore and Helenious though.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #203 on: August 11, 2013, 11:19:49 AM »
We should let number 19 play for Malaga for a season on loan then sign him up for next season. Just a suggestion.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #204 on: August 11, 2013, 01:03:04 PM »

I wasn't there yesterday but I was in Dublin last week and I thought both Luna and Tonev were poor in the Rovers match and it sounds like they were just as bad yesterday. Nothing wrong with telling it as you see it.
I liked the look of Okore and Helenious though.

Thing is when you go to the extreme of deeming a player woeful, unless you have followed that player the entire game, you essentially base that opinion on one or two key incidents that stand out. You ignore all of the good work that player does, and especially against good oposition as yesterday provided. Tonev has played very little in pre-season and Luna might have done better in a couple of instances. But were they really woeful?

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #205 on: August 11, 2013, 02:22:02 PM »

I'm also less than impressed by his defending yesterday, the same could also be said of Vlaar and Lowton mind.

I can't believe we've not got this sorted on the training pitch yet. We're going to get another few hammerings i can see it already. It's all very well having full backs that are good going forward, but my priority for any defender is defending!

I don't see any logic in building a side from the front. We've got to get the defensive side of things right or we're going nowhere fast

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #206 on: August 11, 2013, 02:34:11 PM »

I'm also less than impressed by his defending yesterday, the same could also be said of Vlaar and Lowton mind.

I can't believe we've not got this sorted on the training pitch yet. We're going to get another few hammerings i can see it already. It's all very well having full backs that are good going forward, but my priority for any defender is defending!

I don't see any logic in building a side from the front. We've got to get the defensive side of things right or we're going nowhere fast

I'm not saying anything you've put there is wrong, but has anybody stopped to think that if we follow conventional wisdom in how we play, and how we recruit, we'll probably go down.

The reason I'm so optimistic about Lambert's reign is that he doesn't fall into that trap.

Offline peter w

« Reply #207 on: August 11, 2013, 02:38:47 PM »

I'm not saying anything you've put there is wrong, but has anybody stopped to think that if we follow conventional wisdom in how we play, and how we recruit, we'll probably go down.

The reason I'm so optimistic about Lambert's reign is that he doesn't fall into that trap.

eh?What's that go to do with our poor defending?

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #208 on: August 11, 2013, 02:47:16 PM »

eh?What's that go to do with our poor defending?

Well I can think of a former manager who would agree that the full backs should concentrate on defending. I think towards the end of the season we saw how Sylla was filling in when attacks broke down and we weren't getting caught out as much.

It doesn't excuse shit mistakes giving goals away. If we fix that we're fine.

Offline neo_Villan

« Reply #209 on: August 11, 2013, 02:53:51 PM »

Actually I'd say having one of the poorest defences in the league always leaves you vunerable to relegation. Don't understand your point at all.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal