collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:38:48 PM]

Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:19:37 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Clampy
[Today at 06:17:55 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 06:13:51 PM]

VAR by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:10:11 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:38:48 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 06:37:26 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:34:38 PM]

Re: Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

Re: FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:25:50 PM]

Re: Official Website by Chris Harte
[Today at 06:22:03 PM]

Re: FFP by Dave
[Today at 06:21:29 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Antonio Manuel Luna Rodríguez  (Read 88468 times)

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
Re: Antonio Manuel Luna Rodríguez
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2013, 09:58:52 PM »
It's new signing fatigue. Nurse!

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2013, 10:08:42 PM »
Welcome to Aston Villa Antonio.

Offline Bottom Right 89

« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2013, 10:16:44 PM »
You can't win anything without beards - the jigsaw is now complete.

Offline villa kicks

« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2013, 10:26:49 PM »
Bienvenida a casa! LUNA Great signing and good to see Lambert has seen Bennett has nt made the grade and has acted quickly rather than carry on the risk. Being spainish Luna will  not be one for just sideways passing in his own half and alsoo wont be misplacing passes grabbing shirts and reckless fouls. I reckon Luna can thrive linking up with the play going forward.  Fair play to Bennett but i always suspected he was sub standard for premier league and bringing in a high quality promising Spain left back meant Lambert not afraid to say he got it wrong when he signs a player !

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2013, 10:29:10 PM »
Er,he's not wrong. Joe Bennett will crack it this season. He has the talent.

Im off to bed.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 10:32:17 PM by Ron Manager »

Offline villa kicks

« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2013, 10:39:16 PM »
Well i'm Team luna anyway gonna watch question time with Johnson and Brand comedy gold save this debate for another time but Luna be signed for a reason. we know what that is.

Offline rob_bridge

Re: Luna deal completed!
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2013, 10:40:53 PM »
I dont know why but I cant get too interested in this deal. Anyone else feel the same way?
Me, probably because its much harder to produce a YouTube video of a left back that can impress in the same way as one for a striker or attacking midfielder. Also coming from a recently relegated team (he was at Mallorca wasn't he?) is going to dampen enthusiasm somewhat. Will be happy to eat my words mind. I trust lambert with signings like no other villa manager in all my years supporting the villa.

I have reasonable expectations for him and the others signed so far. Not bollocks media driven hype just signings which if integrated well fit our current mould.

And yes it probably is hard to produce such a video for a left back unless you really are The King

Offline Big Dick Edwards

« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2013, 10:43:55 PM »
Joe Bennett needs a summer in the gym to build up his upper body strength, and hopefully the experience gained last season will see him make fewer reckless decisions and passes in the future. Then we may still have a player who could cut it in the Premier League.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2013, 10:47:46 PM »
Being spainish Luna will  not be one for just sideways passing in his own half
I can only assume that you have never watched Spain play football.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2013, 10:48:09 PM »
I dont know why but I cant get too interested in this deal. Anyone else feel the same way?
Me, probably because its much harder to produce a YouTube video of a left back that can impress in the same way as one for a striker or attacking midfielder. Also coming from a recently relegated team (he was at Mallorca wasn't he?) is going to dampen enthusiasm somewhat. Will be happy to eat my words mind. I trust lambert with signings like no other villa manager in all my years supporting the villa.

I have reasonable expectations for him and the others signed so far. Not bollocks media driven hype just signings which if integrated well fit our current mould.

And yes it probably is hard to produce such a video for a left back unless you really are The King

Paolo Maldini was originally a right footed player but worked on his left foot when he was coming through the youth ranks.

Offline gabbythelegend

« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2013, 10:49:04 PM »
Bloody strange signing. There's next to nothing on his previous that stands out. Nothing. Lambert and his scouts have obviously identified something about him that makes him interesting. The fact he's an attacking full back obviously ticks the box for them but I do hope he can also defend.

I'm fascinated by this deal as it makes such little sense. Is he to replace Joe Bennett, is he Bennett's cover, will he play him as a wing back and go three across the back, I really don't know. It would be strange if Lambert has bought him in to replace Bennett. Competition? Most definitely. Maybe he's prepared to give Bennett one last go and give Luna time to settle in.

Anyway, welcome and do us proud, Antonio. Am I right in thinking he's our first 'Antonio'?

Er, how about to compete with Bennett for the LB spot, thus providing 2 player competition for every position? Doesn't seem that strange to me.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2013, 10:56:39 PM »
Antonio Morley.. Antonio Hateley...Antonio Dorigo!

Dorigo and Cascarino work best as they're Italian surnames and Antonio is also an Italian name as well as Spanish.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2013, 10:56:54 PM »

Paolo Maldini was originally a right footed player but worked on his left foot when he was coming through the youth ranks.

Indeed - he could have played anywhere aside from striker or in goal and he would have been great IMO. A genuine footballing genius.

If Luna is half as good I'll be more than very happy.

Offline supertom

« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2013, 11:03:07 PM »
Seems to be a bit more physical looking than Bennett. Looks like he could be his dad to be honest. It's good to have someone pushing Joe hard for his spot. The battle for our LB spot could be interesting. I'd be confident for starters that he'll be an improvement over Enda who's not Prem quality.
In Lambert I trust though. Who knows, this guy can also play left wing, so we may see a situation where both Luna and Bennett are playing in the same side.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2013, 11:05:48 PM »
What I really like is that apart from Benteke and Guzan, I doubt any other player feels confident he will be in the starting 11 as we have competition for all other places now.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal