collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 3rd Relegation Spot. H&V Decides: 1-day poll  (Read 23488 times)

Offline junxs

• http://www.avfc.co.uk
Re: 3rd Relegation Spot. H&V Decides: 1-day poll
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2013, 05:03:17 PM »
To put it another way, the voting above - anyone who hasnt voted for Wigan in this Poll most likely believes Wigan will beat us on the last day.. think about it. Either that or they think they will beat Arsenal who are top of the form guide.

Or they beat Swansea and one of Newcastle, Sunderland or Norwich lose all their games... Think about it.

In that Scenario they could still go down on goal difference.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2013, 05:04:09 PM »
To put it another way, the voting above - anyone who hasnt voted for Wigan in this Poll most likely believes Wigan will beat us on the last day.. think about it. Either that or they think they will beat Arsenal who are top of the form guide.

Or they beat Swansea and one of Newcastle, Sunderland or Norwich lose all their games... Think about it.

Or they could stay up by 1 point. Or on goal difference.

Offline junxs

« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2013, 05:04:43 PM »
So if we had WBA at home the Citeh away people think that would be easier than Chelsea and Wigan?  I think Delia's face said it all yesterday

Both those teams have nothing to play for, yesterday proved that - for both of them

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2013, 05:05:42 PM »
I think Norwich, because they have Baggies and Man city to play.

I think goal difference will decide though, so might be Newcastle.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2013, 05:12:39 PM »
5 yes FIVE people on here have said Villa....un-f-in-believable!

Why is it so unbelievable? Because we see the games before us going against us? How many times when we have needed them too, have games gone for us? Thankfully we are doing it for ourselves.
I do feel for you but can't help you I am afraid.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2013, 05:12:54 PM »
What about the extent to which teams in the zone play each other? We aren't the only ones in that position. This has a massive impact on the likelihood of ALL the teams below us getting the points needed to go past us, even if we get no more ourselves. Like I say, of course we're not out of the woods, but it takes some negativity to put us as your best bet to go down at this stage. There is a saying that you never see a poor bookie - yet some of them have us as far out as 40-1 whilst our own supporters think we're the most likely to go down. Forgive me if I think that's a bit upside down.

Offline junxs

« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2013, 05:15:46 PM »

Or they could stay up by 1 point. Or on goal difference.

When 73% of people are voting for Wigan to stay up I think thats by getting more than 3 points with a gamble on goal difference in all honesty.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2013, 05:16:11 PM »
What about the extent to which teams in the zone play each other? We aren't the only ones in that position. This has a massive impact on the likelihood of ALL the teams below us getting the points needed to go past us, even if we get no more ourselves.

Good point, Amfy.

Sunderland v Southampton, for instance.

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2013, 05:28:05 PM »

Can't believe 3 have still gone for us, though. I know we're not out of the woods, but, surely, we must have some confidence in the team

I have gone for N'castle. But I a still extremely worried it could be us. No way should we be 40/1, and we could very easily lose our next 2 games, which would also give Wigan one of the games they need to overhaul us. Some of the teams below us play each other which means they are guaranteed a few points.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2013, 05:47:04 PM »
I'd like it to be Wigan. They flirt with relegation every season, their ground is always half empty, they had 10000 unsold tickets for the FA Cup semi final, and Dave Whelan's self-aggrandizing fat gob is eminently punchable. But I do like Martinez. Having said all that I think it will be Norwich

Offline eastie

« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2013, 05:58:31 PM »
Chelsea's win at utd today means if they beat spurs they will qualify for the champions league on weds night due to a 17 goal diff advantage, this could mean a much weakened team against us .

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2013, 06:00:29 PM »
There seems to be a worry and an assumption that if its goes to the last day for us then Wigan would be favourites to win.
However, we have not lost away to anybody outside the top four for 7 months.

Offline walsall villain

« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2013, 06:01:56 PM »
Chelsea's win at utd today means if they beat spurs they will qualify for the champions league on weds night due to a 17 goal diff advantage, this could mean a much weakened team against us .
Really hope they do win midweek. With their final just days after playing us surely we could get something out of this game instead of the certain defeat most are predicting?

Offline walsall villain

« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2013, 06:04:44 PM »
It's Newcastle for me. I can see QPR having a rare good day and actually winning then with spurs and arsenal likely to still be battling it out on the last day I reckon Newcastle won't win. So just one more point for them and Wigan could well overtake them.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2013, 06:20:11 PM »
There seems to be a worry and an assumption that if its goes to the last day for us then Wigan would be favourites to win.
However, we have not lost away to anybody outside the top four for 7 months.

We also have a good record against the teams around us, at least since February.  And, if memory serves me correctly, we have a good record at the JJB Stadium.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal