collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 05:57:58 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 05:55:21 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Skerra
[Today at 05:54:21 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 05:52:52 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Martyn Smith
[Today at 05:52:37 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Dave
[Today at 05:50:51 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by DB
[Today at 05:50:14 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by andyh
[Today at 05:49:48 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 3rd Relegation Spot. H&V Decides: 1-day poll  (Read 23498 times)

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
Re: 3rd Relegation Spot. H&V Decides: 1-day poll
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2013, 03:50:08 PM »
I said us for many reasons, but not through not believing in the team or the manager, as I am a big advocate and very optimistic with the team, and think they have done brilliantly to get to 40 with 2 left, but the fixtures have left us with the hardest last 2 games of all I think combined, coupled with a very good chance that Wigan will be able to relegate us with a final day win. I sincerely hope I am wrong and look a right tit by Tuesday!

Given that we're currently 33/1 to go down I take it you'll be piling on.

I have 3 kids - what spare cash am I meant to pile on with Dave?!

You could sell a child.
At 33/1 even putting £3 could be quite a bonus for a family with 3 kids I'd have thought. If you're so convinced we're going down then I'd certainly give this a shot it I were you. However this insistence that we have the hardest run in is a bit weird. Have you seriously looked at everyone in the bottom half's remaining fixtures? We're not only already above 7 teams, we're level with another 2, and ALL, every single one, of those still above the drop zone have to better our results for us to go down. Add to this that we are better on current form than any of them, I wouldn't start planning how to spend that £99 winnings just yet.

Online andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2013, 03:57:04 PM »
Newcastle have Arsenal at home, Sunderland spurs away. Norwich have Man City away.

We have Wigan, come on guys.

Offline Michel Sibble

• Wiibble.
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2013, 03:58:58 PM »
BBC Predictor thingy (so obviously fantasy):

Five teams on 41pts (SS Unterland, Fulham, Villa, Norwich, Newcastle), Southampton relegated on 40pts (2 draws, 1 home loss)

We drew with Chelsea (who finished 3rd with 72pts) and lost to Wigan (finished on 42pts).

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2013, 04:01:08 PM »
5 yes FIVE people on here have said Villa....un-f-in-believable!

If yesterday is anything to go by, anything can happen in the next two weeks.

Stand by for action!

I see, so International Rescue will come to our aid!

I just realised, put a wig on this guy's head and you've got Roberto Martinez!

Offline Michel Sibble

• Wiibble.
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2013, 04:16:58 PM »
Quote from: amfy
At 33/1 even putting £3 could be quite a bonus for a family with 3 kids I'd have thought. If you're so convinced we're going down then I'd certainly give this a shot it I were you. However this insistence that we have the hardest run in is a bit weird. Have you seriously looked at everyone in the bottom half's remaining fixtures? We're not only already above 7 teams, we're level with another 2, and ALL, every single one, of those still above the drop zone have to better our results for us to go down. Add to this that we are better on current form than any of them, I wouldn't start planning how to spend that £99 winnings just yet.

Not just that, Fulham are on a 5-game losing streak and Chelsea have not done back-to-back wins since January.

Both Southampton and Sunderland hold the key to this relegation spectacular.

Offline junxs

• http://www.avfc.co.uk
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2013, 04:17:12 PM »

Whys it so unbelievable? I think it's more unbelievable that people think we're completely safe and don't have a chance of going down.

(for what its worth I voted Sunderland)

Offline neo_Villan

« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2013, 04:23:12 PM »
It will between Norwich and Wigan I believe. Goal difference may well come into it. They are currently on equal GD but Wigan have scored more. I don't think Norwich will beat the Tesco bags as I can't see them losing 3 in a row (I assume they will lose to Citeh in midweek). On the other hand, I am pretty convinced Wigan will beat Swansea but they may need a point against us. I would've said Newcastle also, but after QPR's pathetic showing against Stoke, I can't see them taking anything in that match.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 04:47:35 PM by neo_Villan »

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2013, 04:38:46 PM »

Whys it so unbelievable? I think it's more unbelievable that people think we're completely safe and don't have a chance of going down.

I don't think for one moment that we are completely safe, and I don't think anyone else does either. I am just amazed that given the facts, there are Villa fans who think we are the most likely of the contenders to go down. Of course we could get relegated, and I remain nervous, but looking at the table and the form guide, and yes - even the various team's run ins, it is Villa-esque pessimism at its most extreme to say we are the most likely to go.

Offline junxs

« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2013, 04:48:17 PM »

I don't think for one moment that we are completely safe, and I don't think anyone else does either. I am just amazed that given the facts, there are Villa fans who think we are the most likely of the contenders to go down. Of course we could get relegated, and I remain nervous, but looking at the table and the form guide, and yes - even the various team's run ins, it is Villa-esque pessimism at its most extreme to say we are the most likely to go.

Maybe these people feel we won't get any more points, seeing as we're playing Chelsea and Wigan thats very possible.. I personally think we have the hardest 2 fixtures out of all the teams fighting down there, but think one of them below us wont pick up the points required to overtake us even if we lose both but can certainly see why people think we might still go down.
Just don't see whats so "un-F-inbelievable" about it at all.

Offline villa kicks

« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2013, 04:51:34 PM »
So if sunderland dont beat stoke tommorrow then will the media start saying Di canio is not as hot after all? I dont think its been noted  how poor and clueless sunderland were after they fell 3-1 behind. Stoke should be destroying them at corners and set pieces.  I think i want sunderland to lose as Di Canio has bn given far too much acknowledgement and is a lower league manager and they could easily fumble. Any one else favouring a stoke win or draw ? The way benteke was allowed headers i can only see more misery for sunderland from stokes play.   

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2013, 04:52:57 PM »
I wouldn't swap our position or the run-in with anyone below us. I bet they all would swap with us. Keep the Faith.

Offline junxs

« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2013, 04:53:34 PM »
To put it another way, the voting above - anyone who hasnt voted for Wigan in this Poll most likely believes Wigan will beat us on the last day.. think about it. Either that or they think they will beat Arsenal who are top of the form guide.
73% of voters think Wigan will stay up therefore most likely beat Villa - are they not doom mongers then?.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 04:56:38 PM by junxs »

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2013, 04:55:52 PM »
To put it another way, the voting above - anyone who hasnt voted for Wigan in this Poll most likely believes Wigan will beat us on the last day.. think about it. Either that or they think they will beat Arsenal who are top of the form guide.

Or they beat Swansea and one of Newcastle, Sunderland or Norwich lose all their games... Think about it.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2013, 04:57:11 PM »
Given the fixture congestion both Wigan and Chelsea are facing I don't think Villa have the hardest run in.

Online nodge

• GM : 23.02.2024
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2013, 05:03:11 PM »
So if we had WBA at home the Citeh away people think that would be easier than Chelsea and Wigan?  I think Delia's face said it all yesterday

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal