collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer 2013: Villa Transfers, Speculation, Suggestions and Rumours  (Read 1549387 times)

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Summer 2013: Villa Transfers, Speculation, Suggestions and Rumours
« Reply #9240 on: September 03, 2013, 12:20:35 AM »
I still think that I would prefer NZogbia coming on with half an hour to go than anyone we have really to make something happen.

I hope he comes back from his injury in that kind of form and with the need to prove that he can be that kind of game-changing player. I like him as well.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #9241 on: September 03, 2013, 12:24:46 AM »
What's this twatter rumour about Albion wanting him on loan.How many players go on loan who are injured?
Even MON wouldn't do that.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #9242 on: September 03, 2013, 12:29:46 AM »
N'Zogbia could still do a job for us I reckon, needs to delver this year though.

Offline Sunny Villa

« Reply #9243 on: September 03, 2013, 01:56:19 AM »
cannot see for the life of me where NZOG would fit in ,   just look at PL recent dealings ,

Age , reliability , work ethic .    the latter Nzog has never really displayed .

his injury in Miami about says it all . 

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #9244 on: September 03, 2013, 07:22:51 AM »
What's this twatter rumour about Albion wanting him on loan.How many players go on loan who are injured?
TSM loaned that fella from Spurs, he might not have been injured during the 20 minutes it took to sign the paperwork but he has been injured for the last 10 years.

Didn't MON spend £10 Million on Downing who had a broken leg? A bit different than a loan but still a huge gamble.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #9245 on: September 03, 2013, 07:55:36 AM »
TSM loaned that fella from Spurs, he might not have been injured during the 20 minutes it took to sign the paperwork but he has been injured for the last 10 years.

Didn't MON spend £10 Million on Downing who had a broken leg? A bit different than a loan but still a huge gamble.
Broken ankle - inflicted on him by our Stylian.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #9246 on: September 03, 2013, 07:58:27 AM »
I still think that I would prefer NZogbia coming on with half an hour to go than anyone we have really to make something happen.

I hope he comes back from his injury in that kind of form and with the need to prove that he can be that kind of game-changing player. I like him as well.
My problem with Charles, Louise, is that he has only rarely shown the consistently-high levels of play for which he is known. For around 6 months at Wigan he was almost unplayable .... but not much either side of that, IMO.
I personally think TSM bought him because he could (not having been able to at The Other Place) rather than because he was the right player for us at the time.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #9247 on: September 03, 2013, 08:02:14 AM »

My problem with Charles, Louise, is that he has only rarely shown the consistently-high levels of play for which he is known. For around 6 months at Wigan he was almost unplayable .... but not much either side of that, IMO.
I personally think TSM bought him because he could (not having been able to at The Other Place) rather than because he was the right player for us at the time.

Agree - can't seem him fitting in. Look at how much work Gabby and Weimann put in each game. CNZ doesn;t do that in 3 months. I think he may have been placed in the bomb squad but for the injury

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #9248 on: September 03, 2013, 08:08:00 AM »
An excellent TF for AVFC. Very pleased with work done by Lambert and Faulkner. One thing is clear that neither  ITK here or elsewhere or media are going to guess what Paul Lambert will do in the market. He knows and has good scouting support to pick players without anyone getting a sniff. Even our eastie has struggled!
Well done Villa.

Sorry if I'm being thick, but what does TF stand for? I've seen it a couple of times and it just summons up the devil for me.

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #9249 on: September 03, 2013, 08:14:56 AM »
An excellent TF for AVFC. Very pleased with work done by Lambert and Faulkner. One thing is clear that neither  ITK here or elsewhere or media are going to guess what Paul Lambert will do in the market. He knows and has good scouting support to pick players without anyone getting a sniff. Even our eastie has struggled!
Well done Villa.

Sorry if I'm being thick, but what does TF stand for? I've seen it a couple of times and it just summons up the devil for me.

I just guessed at titty f**k

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #9250 on: September 03, 2013, 08:18:50 AM »
Transfer Fenetre?

Offline Colhint

• GM : 02.12.2016
« Reply #9251 on: September 03, 2013, 08:36:33 AM »
or Fenestra if you did Latin

Online SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #9252 on: September 03, 2013, 08:37:42 AM »

TSM - like other managers before him - never played him in the role where he's most effective. He's tended to get stuck out wide, whereas his unplayable spell at Wigan saw him play in the channels or even centrally, attacking the space behind the forward and driving into the box. A run of games in that position might see us get the best from him finally.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #9253 on: September 03, 2013, 08:49:40 AM »

TSM - like other managers before him - never played him in the role where he's most effective. He's tended to get stuck out wide, whereas his unplayable spell at Wigan saw him play in the channels or even centrally, attacking the space behind the forward and driving into the box. A run of games in that position might see us get the best from him finally.

The issue there is that we don't play in a way that suits someone playing in that role.  As I said last night, he did well when Wigan had nothing else to lose and set their team up to suit him, we're never going to do that because we have so many good attacking players that there's no need and it would almost certainly have a negative effect on our results.  He will never fit in to the squad we're building, if we can get anything for him we should take it.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #9254 on: September 03, 2013, 08:55:17 AM »
Well done Villa.

I just guessed at titty f**k

A nice thought. Is this what you mean olaftab? Or one of the more refined suggestions?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal