collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Ollie Watkins by PeterWithe
[Today at 09:37:24 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by ChicagoLion
[Today at 09:33:36 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by PeterWithe
[Today at 09:33:23 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by PeterWithe
[Today at 09:31:35 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Gareth
[Today at 09:31:25 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by dave.woodhall
[Today at 09:25:33 AM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 09:21:03 AM]

Lucas Digne - Signed by VillaTim
[Today at 09:18:49 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The run-in to the end of the season  (Read 17671 times)

Offline supertom

Re: The run-in to the end of the season
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2013, 05:50:52 PM »
The double header of Reading and QPR is absolutely key. Win both and we'll be on 30 points, and will have put a few nails in their coffins. QPR would be all but down.
You'd fancy us to do okay against Fulham and Sunderland on our own turf. Of course there's no garauntees with our lot.

That said we could easily lose every game left.

I think we'll end up on 35-37 points. Whether that's enough remains to be seen. Southampton haven't looked terrible of late. Wigan have proven capable in the past of putting a good run in, and as bad as Sunderland and Newcastle have been this season at times, I don't see them getting pulled into it again.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2013, 08:10:21 PM »
I've been saying for a while it should be one game at a time from now on but i can't help wanting to get the Man City game out the way so we can play Reading and QPR.

Offline eastie

« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2013, 08:40:44 PM »
I've been saying for a while it should be one game at a time from now on but i can't help wanting to get the Man City game out the way so we can play Reading and QPR.

Yes , those two games are huge on the horizon - what i would give to win the next 3 games!

Offline danlanza

« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2013, 08:54:37 PM »

Yes , those two games are huge on the horizon - what i would give to win the next 3 games!
MY HOUSE, MY GIRLFRIEND, MY FREEDOM AND MY LIFE AND THEN SOME. UTV.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2013, 08:58:26 PM »

Not the car, then.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2013, 10:33:20 PM »
I think Norwich is our chance of that elusive away win which we've been close to since the new year. Yeah there's the Lambert factor but we battered them in the cup and they'll probably be in mid table and on the beach.

Just getting one away win and two draws would be huge as I think then we'd only need two wins from our home games (QPR and Fulham) and a couple of draws to be o.k.

Offline littlevillain

« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2013, 10:46:20 PM »
do you mean every other game or every other game? We need to know. And do you mean points (plural) from every other game or a solitary point from every other game? This is fundamental in terms of the grand total we could expect at season's end and whether it'd be sufficient to save us from the trap door. I know it's a Sunday but your shoddiness is quite frankly breathtaking.

not another trainspotter

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2013, 11:45:07 PM »
Anything less than 4 points from Reading and QPR and we'll be enjoying pre match pints at that shithole Wetherspoons on Blackpool front before you know it.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2013, 12:31:11 AM »
I reckon we will win 3 straight at some point between now and the end, and pick up up 5 wins in total. And I think 40 will be needed to stay up.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2013, 10:05:27 AM »
Anything less than 4 points from Reading and QPR and we'll be enjoying pre match pints at that shithole Wetherspoons on Blackpool front before you know it.

Not while The Pump and Truncheon or The Taps is still open I won't.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2013, 10:26:56 AM »
If you go by form (lose to the better sides, draw with the middling sides if at home/lose away and beat the poor sides at home/draw away) here's what you get:-

Aston Villa v Man City         LOSE
Reading v Aston Villa         Draw
Aston Villa v QPR               WIN
Aston Villa v Liverpool       Draw
Stoke v Aston Villa            Lose
Aston Villa v Fulham          DRAW
Man Utd v Aston Villa        LOSE
Aston Villa v Sunderland   WIN
Norwich v Aston Villa        DRAW
Aston Villa v Chelsea        LOSE
Wigan v Aston Villa           Draw

That gives you 35 points, which I don't think will be enough.  I think we need to turn those draws with Reading and Fulham into wins to have a chance!.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2013, 10:29:01 AM »

Not the car, then.
Forgot the car, and the remote control for the telly !!

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2013, 01:30:25 PM »
I think wins against Reading,QPR, Fulham, Sunderland and then draws against Liverpool, Stoke, Norwich and Wigan would do nicely. Obviously that means we'd only lose 3 games which is unlikely, so we may need to win one of those games I have marked down to draw.

Offline eastie

« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2013, 02:16:26 PM »
Im in a very good mood now - just got a lovely tracksuit off andy blair for a tenner - i feel very happy so i see us winning our last 11 games and finishing in the top 10!  ;D
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 03:20:36 PM by eastie »

Offline Damo70

« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2013, 03:02:07 PM »
At the moment it is ourselves, QPR, Reading, Wigan are Southampton in the battle in my opinion. I was hoping an Everton win last weekend would throw Norwich into the equation. Tough games for Reading and Wigan this weekend, although I am concerned Wigan may get three points. The question is do we want Southampton to put another nail in the QPR coffin, QPR to drag Southampton right into trouble or both to drop two points? (The latter for me). As for us we need to get six points against Reading and QPR and things will looks a lot brighter.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal