collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Robin Olsen by martin o`who??
[Today at 12:15:13 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Proposition Joe
[Today at 12:11:22 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 12:10:34 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by LeeB
[Today at 12:07:50 PM]

Diego Carlos by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:07:28 PM]

Champions League Contention by Abbeyfealeavfc
[Today at 12:04:52 PM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 12:03:25 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Mister E
[Today at 11:34:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: If Lambert goes... Who would you want to replace him? (Poll)  (Read 39001 times)

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
Re: If Lambert goes... Who would you want to replace him? (Poll)
« Reply #180 on: January 24, 2013, 09:15:07 PM »
I see Grayson's got the shove. Seem to remember he was put forward by some on here not so long ago  Maybe Lerner could give a different unemployed manager 1 game each till the end of the season and the one who does best gets the gig next season. Sounds mental i know, but seeing as Lerner's shit at choosing managers, and we seem to be as well, could be our only chance :0)
Just give it to Alexander Armstrong.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #181 on: January 24, 2013, 09:24:23 PM »
heheheh.

Online The Left Side

« Reply #182 on: January 24, 2013, 09:31:28 PM »
He isnt going anywhere but if he does go then someone with PL experience who can think tactically very quickly.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #183 on: January 24, 2013, 09:39:43 PM »
Allardyce is a very good manager at this level. I'd have no problem with him at the Villa.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #184 on: January 24, 2013, 11:27:58 PM »
He's limited though.

But yeah as I said elsewhere we'd never be in any danger of relegation under his watch so a bit like Gregory era.

Offline PONGO49

« Reply #185 on: January 25, 2013, 02:35:48 AM »
Me, i'll do it for half what he's on and I couldn't do a worse job.

Offline Broughty-Villian

« Reply #186 on: January 25, 2013, 09:25:14 AM »
I fancy Neill Lennon for the job, or even big Terry Butcher, can't see any of the names mentioned taking the job tho

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #187 on: January 25, 2013, 09:27:11 AM »
I fancy Neill Lennon for the job, or even big Terry Butcher, can't see any of the names mentioned taking the job tho

Have a look at Butcher's win ratio at all his other clubs and you might change your mind. As for Lennon, his team have no competition anymore.

Offline Jarpie

« Reply #188 on: January 25, 2013, 09:27:36 AM »

Mark Hughes might be desperate enough to take it if it'd be offered to him but can't see that happening.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #189 on: January 25, 2013, 09:29:23 AM »

Mark Hughes might be desperate enough to take it if it'd be offered to him but can't see that happening.

He's another one who's flopped at his last two clubs, despite having decent money to spend. One to stay well clear from.

Offline Jarpie

« Reply #190 on: January 25, 2013, 09:32:58 AM »

He's another one who's flopped at his last two clubs, despite having decent money to spend. One to stay well clear from.

Yeah and he's probably not big enough Yes man for Lerner, and given his track record on signings, especially in QPR we can safely assume that Lerner and Faulkner has one look at it and tell him to go away.

Online N'ZMAV

« Reply #191 on: January 25, 2013, 09:34:41 AM »
Allardyce is a very good manager at this level. I'd have no problem with him at the Villa.
Neither would I. We need results. He would give us that. His teams never roll over and die as often as we do currently.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #192 on: January 25, 2013, 09:36:01 AM »

Yeah and he's probably not big enough Yes man for Lerner, and given his track record on signings, especially in QPR we can safely assume that Lerner and Faulkner has one look at it and tell him to go away.

Bearing in mind QPR were on something like 9 points when he left, i'd have done the same.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #193 on: January 25, 2013, 09:52:52 AM »
Neither would I. We need results. He would give us that. His teams never roll over and die as often as we do currently.

they rolled over and died against Arsenal the other night, and against Sunderland some of there supporters were saying it was one of the worst they had seen for players not trying

as much as Allardyce has done for WH a lot of their supporters would be quite happy for us to take him, he's not very popular down there

Offline stanadon

« Reply #194 on: January 25, 2013, 09:53:18 AM »
i've had a season ticket for 12 years and if di matteo was manager i'd never go again, he's not a manager he's a mascot our players need a manager whos going to give them a kick up the arse, id get kevin macdonald with mccalsiter as assistant

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal