collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by olaftab
[Today at 03:26:32 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by David_Nab
[Today at 03:26:23 PM]

Robin Olsen by VillaTim
[Today at 03:25:08 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 03:24:02 PM]

Champions League Contention by Dave
[Today at 03:16:29 PM]

VAR by astonvilla82
[Today at 03:15:23 PM]

Official Website by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:50:07 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Drummond
[Today at 02:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by olaftab
[Today at 03:26:32 PM]

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by David_Nab
[Today at 03:26:23 PM]

Re: FFP by Dave
[Today at 03:25:24 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by VillaTim
[Today at 03:25:08 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 03:24:02 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by olaftab
[Today at 03:19:42 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Dave
[Today at 03:16:29 PM]

Re: VAR by astonvilla82
[Today at 03:15:23 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Call yourselves supporters?  (Read 26124 times)

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
Re: Call yourselves supporters?
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2013, 12:56:32 PM »

I don't go to many games any more and hats off to people who spend much more time and money than me following the side. Generally I think the away fans are incredibly vocal. But when you go into the pub before an away game there are clearly a few R-tards knocking about. Men of about 40 still acting like a 14 year old dickhead with all the humour and class of a pile of vomit.

Always best to avoid the 'away' pubs.  We always have a per-arranged watering hole far from the madding crowd.

Sometimes a bit too far Pauline!!! ;-)

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2013, 01:16:51 PM »
It's true that all clubs have their morons, but what really gets me about our away support is the fighting amongst ourselves. I've read several people say this was happening on Tuesday night. I don't go away as regularly now but off the top of my head can recall scuffles between Villa fans this season at Southampton, last season at Swansea and 2 years ago at Man City. It's beyond pathetic.

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2013, 01:21:03 PM »
I'd say a lot of the idiotic behaviour is down to drink and cheap widely available cocaine.

Offline glasses

« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2013, 01:23:16 PM »
I'd say a lot of the idiotic behaviour is down to drink and cheap widely available cocaine.
Thats a very fair assumption. Certainly seemed the case at Norwich away, my last away game. Beer doesn't make you behave like the fellas in the row in front of me, no matter how much you've had

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2013, 01:25:15 PM »
I went to Prague in 2008 to watch Villa. So many of our fans were morons. I will not ever watch Villa away in Europe again.
One prick decided to light a flare and throw it into a bunch of fellow Villa fans, why he's lighting a flare and throwing it anyway makes him an idiot, but to throw it into a group of fans, is idiotic.

They weren't flares, they were blue smoke thingy's. One was put in Gerry Adams look-a-like street cleaner bin.

The only proper flare I can recall seeing was at SHA in the cup.

I love flares myself, I think they look fantastic. I remember the Manchester derby semi-final a few years ago, when Citeh turned off the light and the Yanited fans lit up a flare. It looked great.

Back to us, our fans were great in Prague. The trams on the way in were bouncing, probably literally. If you don't enjoy atmosphere's like that, then you've probably made the right decision to not bother in future. There was no agro with the locals, only the stewards who made the trench coat lot at Elland Road look placid.

Nobody condones moronic behavior and I guess it’s a subjective term, but come on, you cannot all be such delicate flowers? It’s about striking a balance. Stamford Bridge was a dire hole when it was moody and now it’s a bastion of wetwipes, Tarquins and Johnny-Come-Latelys in sedate sea of boring blue.

Offline Ads

« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2013, 01:29:20 PM »
I also hate the snobbery of this “full of Villa” business.

It seems to rash a term. I know what you’re getting at, Stone Island wannabees or perhaps worse, the real loons and nutters. But a good pub, a load of Villa supporters and an enjoyable pre-match experience are not mutually exclusive.

Offline Chrisupnorth

Re: Call yourself supporters?
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2013, 01:32:57 PM »
The malevolence from some of our supporters was woeful .

Bloke next to me was constantly shouting at Bradford fans that he was going to slice them open and slash their throats.

How can someone get themselves so worked up about Bradford?

About football you mean.  These people need to get a life!  They're a complete embarrassment.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2013, 01:33:31 PM »
MonXI has got it spot on. The behavior of some of our fans is fueled by a lot more than a few cans of Stella.

The glamour of snorting a line of two off a sink in the away end at Bradford..

Offline Ads

« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2013, 01:33:33 PM »
I went to Prague in 2008 to watch Villa. So many of our fans were morons. I will not ever watch Villa away in Europe again.
One prick decided to light a flare and throw it into a bunch of fellow Villa fans, why he's lighting a flare and throwing it anyway makes him an idiot, but to throw it into a group of fans, is idiotic.
At least before the game 'all the Villa' corralled themselves into one pub. That left exploring the city to be more pleasant by far.

You missed out on a good day. DBTW got on a phone box and lead some singing.

Not a hint of trouble, not a hint of abusing the locals, the street cleaner was brought beer in fact and anybody who (bizzarely) wanted to take a picture was met with a warm welcome.

Cheap beer and a mild November day; fantastic.

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2013, 01:39:06 PM »
I like Flares and smoke thingys and pubs that have an atmosphere before games. I'm going straight to Hell. I was in Prauge and I think things went Rather well considering there were over 3000 there.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 01:41:28 PM by Kingthing »

Offline Ads

« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2013, 01:41:36 PM »

I like Flares and smoke thingys and pubs that have an atmosphere before games. I'm going straight to Hell.

Me too.

I think we're actually already dead though and currently occupying hell looking at recent events.

Online NeilH

« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2013, 01:44:06 PM »

I stopped reading after the first line

Why's that then? Please explain.

It's understandable. He's only up to the Ladybird 'Peter and Jane' 3b.

I notice there has been no response from the token H&V Danny Dyer 'naughty boy'
C'mon we're intrigued as to why you feel negatively impacting the experience of other fellow supporters and giving our club a bad name is acceptable?

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2013, 01:53:04 PM »

I like Flares and smoke thingys and pubs that have an atmosphere before games. I'm going straight to Hell.

Me too.

I think we're actually already dead though and currently occupying hell looking at recent events.

I'm in with you guys, we've got some idiots but people jump on us very quickly. Its almost as if they want us to have a Fulham style support

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2013, 02:13:39 PM »

I stopped reading after the first line

Why's that then? Please explain.

It's understandable. He's only up to the Ladybird 'Peter and Jane' 3b.

I notice there has been no response from the token H&V Danny Dyer 'naughty boy'
C'mon we're intrigued as to why you feel negatively impacting the experience of other fellow supporters and giving our club a bad name is acceptable?

You'll have to type slower than that Neil, he can't read that fast.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2013, 02:16:47 PM »
I also hate the snobbery of this “full of Villa” business.

It seems to rash a term. I know what you’re getting at, Stone Island wannabees or perhaps worse, the real loons and nutters. But a good pub, a load of Villa supporters and an enjoyable pre-match experience are not mutually exclusive.

No they're not mutually exclusive, it's just a matter of personal taste.

I wouldn't choose a pub based on the fact lots of other Villa fans go there, whether it be Stone Island types or salt of the earth decent types, I'd choose it based on how good the pub's meant to be, maybe whether they do nice food, ales they have - that sort of thing, ie not snobbery, but a chance to go somewhere decent in a different city.

Oh, and the likelihood of being able to sit down and chat, too.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 02:41:26 PM by pauliewalnuts »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal