collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by johnc
[Today at 10:19:28 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Rotterdam
[Today at 10:13:48 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 10:04:08 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Risso
[Today at 09:58:46 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:55:30 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:53:19 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by chrisw1
[Today at 09:47:38 AM]

Re: Robin Olsen by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:46:53 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Ipswich Town Post-Match Thread  (Read 30148 times)

Offline Greg N'Ash

Re: Aston Villa v Ipswich Town Post-Match Thread
« Reply #150 on: January 06, 2013, 10:48:31 AM »
Can people rate Ireland's appearance without giving your opinion on the player? Like, yeah, he may be a bit of a lost gobshite but how did he actually play?
I read tha an Ipswich guy got booked for fouling him and a couple of level-headed posters suggested he did ok but was it enough to push for a start at Bradford for example?

He didn't do very much I don't think. I can't really recall a particular contribution, compared to those of Gabby, CNZ and Weimann.

A big reason we won the game was because Weimann and Gabby offered so much more of a threat than Albrighton and Bowery had. Though Bowery did ok considering he was out of position
He did ok tbh. He came looking for the ball and was very tidy in small interchanges of play. He was the one who kept coming short to lay off frim throw ins when no one else seems to want to, The guy above calling him a parasite is being an idiot. Ireland may not be the greatest worker but he really links play well. If he had played a ball through we had scored from there would be a lot on here saying he did well and deserves a shot against bradford, such was the tidiness of the rest of his performance. It wasn't his day, he didn't do anything massive of note and such he is a parasite. The short termist football fan in a nutshell

i'd say he was the opposite of the short termist football fan. He probably remembers Ireland slagging us to high heaven when he thought he was joining Newcastle.

"For a start, Birmingham is a crap city and I wasn’t going to make the effort, especially as I wasn’t playing. Might as well be in Manchester if I had to stay home on match days – though I don’t bear Houllier any grudges; it wasn’t him who chose me after all.”

Any wonder he calls him a parasite?

Offline eastie

« Reply #151 on: January 06, 2013, 11:27:50 AM »
Can people rate Ireland's appearance without giving your opinion on the player? Like, yeah, he may be a bit of a lost gobshite but how did he actually play?
I read tha an Ipswich guy got booked for fouling him and a couple of level-headed posters suggested he did ok but was it enough to push for a start at Bradford for example?

He didn't do very much I don't think. I can't really recall a particular contribution, compared to those of Gabby, CNZ and Weimann.

A big reason we won the game was because Weimann and Gabby offered so much more of a threat than Albrighton and Bowery had. Though Bowery did ok considering he was out of position
He did ok tbh. He came looking for the ball and was very tidy in small interchanges of play. He was the one who kept coming short to lay off frim throw ins when no one else seems to want to, The guy above calling him a parasite is being an idiot. Ireland may not be the greatest worker but he really links play well. If he had played a ball through we had scored from there would be a lot on here saying he did well and deserves a shot against bradford, such was the tidiness of the rest of his performance. It wasn't his day, he didn't do anything massive of note and such he is a parasite. The short termist football fan in a nutshell

i'd say he was the opposite of the short termist football fan. He probably remembers Ireland slagging us to high heaven when he thought he was joining Newcastle.

"For a start, Birmingham is a crap city and I wasn’t going to make the effort, especially as I wasn’t playing. Might as well be in Manchester if I had to stay home on match days – though I don’t bear Houllier any grudges; it wasn’t him who chose me after all.”

Any wonder he calls him a parasite?

That is the point gnasher, houllier didn't choose Ireland, o Neill had left so why the hell was Ireland signed  on such a huge deal by a club without a manager at the time- who made that decision? Lerner or Faulkner?

On paper he seemed a good player but it was crazy to do the deal without a manager .

Offline peter w

« Reply #152 on: January 06, 2013, 11:34:27 AM »
All the goals

Ireland looks SO happy when Weimann scores.

To be fair he is applauding as Weimann runs off.

Offline nigel

« Reply #153 on: January 06, 2013, 11:46:15 AM »

I don't think the Bradford first leg would do him any good.
It's going to be fast and passionate, they will try not to give us a second on the ball.
I think we're going to need a team if fighters the first half at least.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #154 on: January 06, 2013, 11:51:28 AM »
Yep Holman all day for the Bradford game. Probably herd too. Can't see it being a bannan game tho we have little in the way of options

Nzogbia and gabby against tired legs late on could be useful. And possibly Bent's movement

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #155 on: January 07, 2013, 12:23:31 AM »
Bennett just got better and better as the game went on. His cross for the winner was perfection.

Bannan gets lots of stick but his crisp, twenty-yard pass to Charlie made the equaliser possible.

Baker was at fault for the goal; the turning point may have been Shay's 'unusual' save that stopped us going 2-0 down.

By the way, Ipswich are not a struggling side over their last six matches.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal