collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ashley Westwood - Sold to Burnley  (Read 231961 times)

Offline Jimbo

Re: Ashley Westwood
« Reply #1050 on: January 31, 2017, 05:15:39 PM »
He looks delighted to be there.

That's almost as bad as the "holding the shirt like it was covered with pigeon shit" Anelka photo when he joined Albion

He looks like he's waiting to be seen by the club dentist.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1051 on: January 31, 2017, 05:15:47 PM »
Never understood the vile he got,  Wish him well in the future and hope he gets a decent reception when we can play against the countries elite again!

When we get promoted he certainly won't still be playing in the PL, even if we can make it this season. If Burnley intend for him to be a regular starter then they will be speeding the date of their relegation.

This isn't me being vile, it's just that he's physically feeble, he's a "pushover". Would love to see him playing against us.
Wait and see.  If he does well it won't be the first time Dyche has turned a player around.

What's the point in being spiteful after the event?  It can only come back and bite you.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #1052 on: January 31, 2017, 05:17:59 PM »
I wish him all the best at Burnley.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #1053 on: January 31, 2017, 05:18:33 PM »
Couldn't help but laugh at this bit

“Driving up the M6 last night past Crewe, I thought ‘yeah, this is where I want to be''

Offline manic-road

« Reply #1054 on: January 31, 2017, 05:18:39 PM »
Never understood the vile he got,  Wish him well in the future and hope he gets a decent reception when we can play against the countries elite again!

When we get promoted he certainly won't still be playing in the PL, even if we can make it this season. If Burnley intend for him to be a regular starter then they will be speeding the date of their relegation.

This isn't me being vile, it's just that he's physically feeble, he's a "pushover". Would love to see him playing against us.
Wait and see.  If he does well it won't be the first time Dyche has turned a player around.

What's the point in being spiteful after the event?  It can only come back and bite you.

Wish him well apart from when he plays us.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #1055 on: January 31, 2017, 05:21:04 PM »

“Driving up the M6 last night past Crewe, I thought ‘yeah, this is where I want to be''

Me too, I doubt that sentence has ever been used before.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 05:24:50 PM by LukeJames »

Offline john2710

« Reply #1056 on: January 31, 2017, 05:21:58 PM »
I wish him all the best, but he stands for the mediocrity for which we have become all to used to. The ineptitude of owners and numerous managers didn't do him any favours but he never offered anything.

Anyway who's going to be the new scapegoat if things go wrong?

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #1057 on: January 31, 2017, 05:22:31 PM »
Good for him, good for us. early on he was a young player you thought might break through, but he went backwards alarmingly to the point where he was  on his very best day "not our worst player" and on most days ineffectual or a downright liability. Never faulted his attitude so he has that for him.

If Dyke can turn him around then fairplay to him. I am just amazed and glad we will make some money out of him.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #1058 on: January 31, 2017, 05:24:45 PM »
I wish him all the best, but he stands for the mediocrity for which we have become all to used to. The ineptitude of owners and numerous managers didn't do him any favours but he never offered anything.

There's still Gabby and Micah

Online Simon Page

« Reply #1059 on: January 31, 2017, 05:30:59 PM »

There's still Gabby and Micah

Elphick, Bacuna, Hutton, Gardner, Bunn, Grealish, McCormack. This is an area in which we have an abundance of riches at our disposal even before the inevitable new recruits. Plus it's all the fault of Steve Hodge anyway.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1060 on: January 31, 2017, 05:37:21 PM »
Happy "Ashley Westwood Has Left The Club Day" everybody, did anybody actually drive him there themselves?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1061 on: January 31, 2017, 05:40:16 PM »
All the best Ashley, we'll always have, er, erm, Albion away!

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1062 on: January 31, 2017, 05:42:20 PM »
Happy "Ashley Westwood Has Left The Club Day" everybody, did anybody actually drive him there themselves?

Buy an Ashley Westwood get an Alan Hutton free in the back seat of my Allegro.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
Re: Ashley Westwood - Sold to Burnley
« Reply #1063 on: January 31, 2017, 05:42:30 PM »

Mr Shin loves Crewe as well. That's why he had me drive there on the way to Wigan via Wrexham ;)

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #1064 on: January 31, 2017, 05:43:13 PM »

I went to pick him up and he made it really look like he was getting in the car, but somehow he got nowhere near it, and I ended up in Burnley without the big empty crisp packet.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal