collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ashley Westwood - Sold to Burnley  (Read 231952 times)

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
Re: Ashley Westwood
« Reply #780 on: October 06, 2015, 01:33:53 PM »
Or the goal ruled out for offside that wasn't.

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #781 on: October 18, 2015, 09:39:38 PM »
Simply not good enough. How this snail paced, crab passing waste of a shirt keeps getting picked is beyond me.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #782 on: October 18, 2015, 09:57:12 PM »
What is a defensive midfielder? I may be from the old school but don't understand it. Was Dennis Mortimer or Gordon Cowans the defensive midfielder? Lets get a grip, I understand Claude Makale being a sitting midfielder in a top team, but we are Aston fecking Villa. I got slagged off after having a go at the manager after the Blues game as I think he fecked up first half, think most people would not disagree now. However, I will back Sherwood for now but he has to sort things out pretty soon

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #783 on: October 18, 2015, 10:05:19 PM »
What is a defensive midfielder? I may be from the old school but don't understand it. Was Dennis Mortimer or Gordon Cowans the defensive midfielder? Lets get a grip, I understand Claude Makale being a sitting midfielder in a top team, but we are Aston fecking Villa. I got slagged off after having a go at the manager after the Blues game as I think he fecked up first half, think most people would not disagree now. However, I will back Sherwood for now but he has to sort things out pretty soon

Neither.  Both Mortimer and cowans could attack and boy could Cowans tackle. Bremner could run all day and to be honest with our front three in 81/82 it didnt matter, we would just out score the opposition. Great days.

Westwood. Very average and would be at home in th championship. Three years ago I thought he would be our Mortimer, how wrong I was

« Reply #784 on: October 18, 2015, 10:08:05 PM »

Neither.  Both Mortimer and cowans could attack and boy could Cowans tackle. Bremner could run all day and to be honest with our front three in 81/82 it didnt matter, we would just out score the opposition. Great days.

Westwood. Very average and would be at home in th championship. Three years ago I thought he would be our Mortimer, how wrong I was

I accept your point re Westwood not progressing and he is not better than Sanchez IMHO. As for 81/82, we had a great backbone, we don't now.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #785 on: October 19, 2015, 12:37:12 AM »

Using that logic, you might well ask "what is this second central defender nonsense? You only need one centre half or number 5! If you asked Slogger Sleeuwenhoek or George Curtis if they needed another centre half to hold their hand they would have told you where to go in no uncertain terms. And what is this Number 10 twaddle? Why is inside left more important than inside right? Don't get me started about the player in the hole or playing outside in!"

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #786 on: October 19, 2015, 01:21:07 AM »

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #787 on: October 23, 2015, 08:22:10 PM »
I think all of them had defensive abilities, whereas Westwood has none unless you count pointing.
Bremner was the most defensively minded and provided a lot of cover for the other 2.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #788 on: October 23, 2015, 08:34:41 PM »
Should never have been brought here in the first place. His career before being hoisted into the PL was spent in the bottom tier of the Football League. For Lambert's 'young and hungry' read 'cheap and may have some potential'. Not good enough then and not good enough now. Way out of his depth, offers nothing, and the fact he gets picked every week beggars belief. He either looks like Messi in training or he's got some incriminating files on people.

Offline tony scott

• GM : 31.05.2020
« Reply #789 on: October 23, 2015, 08:35:05 PM »
Westwood looked a lot better when playing with Delphi where he got plenty of time and space to play the ball.  I think more has been expected of him this season and he hasn't been up to it.  The floating corners drive us all mad,  but I believe this is a coaching instruction if we remember he replaced the master of the floated corner Barry Bannan.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #790 on: October 23, 2015, 08:39:39 PM »
Should never have been brought here in the first place. His career before being hoisted into the PL was spent in the bottom tier of the Football League. For Lambert's 'young and hungry' read 'cheap and may have some potential'. Not good enough then and not good enough now. Way out of his depth, offers nothing, and the fact he gets picked every week beggars belief. He either looks like Messi in training or he's got some incriminating files on people.

He'd played a bit in the third tier as well. Same as Delph, and unlike Platt.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 08:59:25 PM by PeterWithesShin »

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #791 on: October 23, 2015, 09:03:00 PM »
Hoping he's dropped tomorrow, he won't be  of course .

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #792 on: October 23, 2015, 09:31:14 PM »

Well said. He sums up the state of the club to me. A dog turd of a player.

« Reply #793 on: October 23, 2015, 09:36:19 PM »
I think all of them had defensive abilities, whereas Westwood has none unless you count pointing.
Bremner was the most defensively minded and provided a lot of cover for the other 2.

Exactly my point, none of them were tagged with the defensive midfielder role.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #794 on: October 23, 2015, 10:01:04 PM »
AW 1st goal 18/1

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal