collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ashley Westwood - Sold to Burnley  (Read 233076 times)

Offline N'ZMAV

Re: Ashley Westwood
« Reply #120 on: January 02, 2013, 11:16:46 AM »
Is he badly injured then?

Offline eastie

« Reply #121 on: January 02, 2013, 11:27:14 AM »
Looks like a bad ankle injury , hopefully weeks rather than months but we may know more today.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #122 on: January 02, 2013, 11:29:25 AM »
FFS.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #123 on: January 02, 2013, 11:46:14 AM »
I'd really like some good news and find out it's not as bad as we fear.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #124 on: January 02, 2013, 11:48:24 AM »
I'm still not convinced that Michu didn't know what he was doing.  At best it was a very clumsy challenge from behind that deserved some form of punishment, that the feckers didn't even give us the ball back or allow time for us to get a sub on shows them up pretty badly.

I really hope it's not as bad as it looked at the time but I really wouldn't be suprised to hear it's some ligament damage and we won't see him again for 3-4 months.  I said at the time it looked a nasty one and watching it again I think I down played it.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #125 on: January 02, 2013, 11:49:00 AM »
Rumour on Twitter was that it's 3 months. Then again twitter rumours are hardly a valid source of information.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #126 on: January 02, 2013, 11:52:17 AM »
I think they were assessing it today. I don't know where the 3 month stuff came from. That'd be a pisser to say the least! Hopefully just a few weeks

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #127 on: January 02, 2013, 12:29:13 PM »
Rumour on Twitter was that it's 3 months. Then again twitter rumours are hardly a valid source of information.

Depends who is tweeting it, innit

Offline eastie

« Reply #128 on: January 02, 2013, 12:39:52 PM »

Well I've just been in contact with Rebecca his missus, and as yet there is no estimated time limit - should know more today after its been assessed.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 07:29:48 PM by eastie »

Online paul_e

« Reply #129 on: January 02, 2013, 12:40:10 PM »
I think they were assessing it today. I don't know where the 3 month stuff came from. That'd be a pisser to say the least! Hopefully just a few weeks

If it's the injury I think it is from what happened then 3 months seems about right, wasn't enough to snap the ligaments in his ankle (which would be around a year out) but was enough to do a fair bit of damage to them.  from the video it looks like his knee was almost on the ground whilst his foot was still planted, if it's less than 3 months he's a very lucky boy.

Offline eastie

« Reply #130 on: January 02, 2013, 12:43:05 PM »

If it's the injury I think it is from what happened then 3 months seems about right, wasn't enough to snap the ligaments in his ankle (which would be around a year out) but was enough to do a fair bit of damage to them.  from the video it looks like his knee was almost on the ground whilst his foot was still planted, if it's less than 3 months he's a very lucky boy.

I suffered a nasty accident in a fall  at work 10 weeks ago which caused knee ligament damage and am still having physio - expecting to return next week , so I think if it is bad ligament damage then 3 months will be about right .

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #131 on: January 02, 2013, 12:48:15 PM »

I suffered a nasty accident in a fall  at work 10 weeks ago which caused knee ligament damage and am still having physio - expecting to return next week , so I think if it is bad ligament damage then 3 months will be about right .

Send me your details, I'll give you a no win, no fee promise.

Online paul_e

« Reply #132 on: January 02, 2013, 12:48:40 PM »

Yeah I've done a few similar things playing rugby and 3 months for full recovery is about right, I've had 1 much worse where I snapped my medial ligament which meant no sport for nearly 18months, he hasn't done anything that bad though or he'd have been on a stretcher and have gone straight to the hospital.

Offline eastie

« Reply #133 on: January 02, 2013, 12:50:52 PM »

Thanks but already pursuing a claim via union .

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #134 on: January 02, 2013, 12:54:29 PM »

Well I've just been in contact with Rachel his missus, and as yet there is no estimated time limit - should know more today after its been assessed.

I'll let you know when it has been confirmed by you know who, Eastie.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal