collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ashley Westwood - Sold to Burnley  (Read 231922 times)

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Ashley Westwood
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2012, 09:09:01 PM »
Do not think we should be writing off KEA as an inportant MF he had a bad game yesterday by his standards but has been very good compared to say Reo C. He can break up play and can pass with a high success rate. Westwood is steadly becoming a very good player and will get better and better IMO. I am sure Lamberts scouts will have a few players identified for Jan ready to improve on what we have .....

comparing our midfielders to Reo C?

why?

why not compare to milner or barry?

Because he plays a similar role and some suggested in the summer we should sign him on a free.

Would be my guess.

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2012, 09:12:41 PM »
Commentators over here made a big thing of how one of the reasons we looked fairly comfortable defensively was that Westwood had done such a good  job marking Corzola out of the game - pre match they'd been going on about how Corzola makes Arsenal tick. 

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2012, 09:14:09 PM »
I think Herd's a useful squad player, but we need better than him to be a regular starter.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2012, 09:23:30 PM »
You say nobody who can pass. Westwood had 90% passing accuracy yesterday, and that was including some tricky through balls and switch passes. So he can absolutely certainly pass.

really? thats it?

Ray Wilkins would have had a 90% pass rate in every game he played

his nickname?

But surely you see the point here. You say nobody can pass, yet Westwood had 91% pass completion, and Bannan over 80%, with Bannan hitting 7 out of 7 successful long forward balls to a team mate. Your assertion is not opinion, it is a statement of disproved fact.

Anyhow, got any worms?

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2012, 09:24:42 PM »
Commentators over here made a big thing of how one of the reasons we looked fairly comfortable defensively was that Westwood had done such a good  job marking Corzola out of the game - pre match they'd been going on about how Corzola makes Arsenal tick. 

That really proves Westwood is having an impact already. Corzola is a world class player and Westwood was all over him. Got to admire Lamberts knowledge and faith in lower division players ......

Offline PaulWinch again

« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2012, 09:36:56 PM »

That really proves Westwood is having an impact already. Corzola is a world class player and Westwood was all over him. Got to admire Lamberts knowledge and faith in lower division players ......

Yes he's a great bit of scouting, as I see he's a brilliantly mature player. Oddly eventhough he isn't experienced, he brings an air of experience to our midfield through his maturity and quality if that makes sense.

Offline nornironvillain

« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2012, 09:53:13 PM »
You say nobody who can pass. Westwood had 90% passing accuracy yesterday, and that was including some tricky through balls and switch passes. So he can absolutely certainly pass.

really? thats it?

Ray Wilkins would have had a 90% pass rate in every game he played

his nickname?

But surely you see the point here. You say nobody can pass, yet Westwood had 91% pass completion, and Bannan over 80%, with Bannan hitting 7 out of 7 successful long forward balls to a team mate. Your assertion is not opinion, it is a statement of disproved fact.

Anyhow, got any worms?

calm down

im not fishing - if i was i could ask a question about a mod on here and his mate that started a thread about me

the guy has played 4 games....and 2 subs appearances

lets not get carried away...he looks ok ( Barry bannon got motm v Arsenal and he wasnt that good)

we had people on here creaming their pants about you tube videos and a couple of friendlies for Holman and KEA

lets just relax and not get carried away is all i am saying

no worms, no fishing rods, just an opinion

Offline PaulWinch again

« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2012, 10:05:11 PM »
Westwood got man of the match in the papers I read this morning. Also he's made four starts and looked very assured.

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2012, 10:08:03 PM »

Yes he's a great bit of scouting, as I see he's a brilliantly mature player. Oddly eventhough he isn't experienced, he brings an air of experience to our midfield through his maturity and quality if that makes sense.

One of the pundits was John Jensen who was pretty complimentary about the way we'd gone about the game - he has a habit of coming out with weird analogies - yesterdays was Westwood had spent so long, so close to Corzola, that Corzola could probably guess which toothpaste he used !!

Offline PaulWinch again

« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2012, 10:11:55 PM »

One of the pundits was John Jensen who was pretty complimentary about the way we'd gone about the game - he has a habit of coming out with weird analogies - yesterdays was Westwood had spent so long, so close to Corzola, that Corzola could probably guess which toothpaste he used !!

Which in a way does Westwood a disservice, because he was excellent with the ball as well. He didn't just nullify Cazorla, he got us going forward as well.

Offline nornironvillain

« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2012, 10:12:05 PM »
Westwood got man of the match in the papers I read this morning. Also he's made four starts and looked very assured.

you were at the match last night?

who was the motm?

it was announced...over the tannoy thing...everybody gave a big cheer

the guy has played 4 games....and 2 subs appearances

"also he's made 4 starts" yip just above there... i know how many games the guy has played and how many times he has come on

Offline PaulWinch again

« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2012, 10:17:57 PM »
I know Bannan got the stadium man of the match, what I said was in several papers Westwood got man of the match. It's all about differing opinions, but Westwood was excellent.

Offline nornironvillain

« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2012, 10:23:01 PM »
I know Bannan got the stadium man of the match, what I said was in several papers Westwood got man of the match. It's all about differing opinions, but Westwood was excellent.

what you said was "Westwood got man of the match in the papers I read this morning. Also he's made four starts and looked very assured"

he may very well have done....the fact remains lets not cream the pants on 4 starts and 2 sub appearances...jesus wept this place was bouncing in August about how good holman and KEA were

relax

we are shite....we are in the bottom 3 again because Southampton won today

lets not build this guy up after 6 appearances

Offline PaulWinch again

« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2012, 10:26:56 PM »
We are not doing well, I think that's plainly obvious to see. The point was that against Arsenal and Man Utd Westwood looked excellent, and he's not going to face many stiffer challenges in this league. So if he's not out of his depth against them it's reasonable to assume he can perform against poorer sides.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2012, 10:52:32 PM »

what you said was "Westwood got man of the match in the papers I read this morning. Also he's made four starts and looked very assured"

he may very well have done....the fact remains lets not cream the pants on 4 starts and 2 sub appearances...jesus wept this place was bouncing in August about how good holman and KEA were

relax

we are shite....we are in the bottom 3 again because Southampton won today

lets not build this guy up after 6 appearances

I think we are looking for positives, of which the kids that hold their own and show real promise provide though. If Westwood was 28 and bought for 10 million to play that role, I would have still said he was excellent last night.

Re the thing about a mod and starting a thread about you - I have not see it, so kindly point me in the direction.

The worm comment was nothing to do with fishing, more your clearly bleak outlook.

And finally Bannan, on the statistics of the game, for both side, he aggregated the highest score for the evening. I know stats are not everything, but he clearly had a very good game last night, and our best moments came following balls from either him or Westwood. Celebrate the small steps, there will be plenty to moan and be upset about between now and may.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal