collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Richard Dunne.....  (Read 14588 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Richard Dunne.....
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2012, 10:49:57 AM »
Did he? I thought he did alright. The first goal was down to Stevens playing Chimichanga onside and although there was the odd moment, I thought Clark and Vlaar did well. Rooney and van Persie hardly touched the ball for most of the game.

He's not the complete defender yet but I'm encouraged by Clark. And yes, I like Baker too. We need (at least) one more but Dunne coming straight back in doesn't seem right to me. It will be nice to have some experience to call on though.

ChiquititayouandIknow had the fall trapped under his feet for ages, and Clark had ample opportunity to put a foot in or otherwise put him off, but defending when the chips are down just doesn't seem part of his make up.  Clark would be much better deployed as a defensive midfielder in my opinion.  Even forgetting about Dunne, I think Baker is a betetr bet as Vlaar's partner.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2012, 12:09:55 PM »
I wondered why I hadn't heard much of Mark E Smith lately.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2012, 04:59:29 PM »
Clark gets caught napping and gets yellow carded too much for my liking.  I thought we looked more secure when Baker played there, but he's an injury magnet.  Dunne would add experience and maybe solidity but it's not as if he's a stranger to the gaffe fairy.  How many times have his wild lunges or lack of concentration conceded penalties or own goals in the last couple of seasons?  Quite a few I can think of.  Oh and Clark at left back - no.   

Offline eastie

« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2012, 05:21:22 PM »
Did he? I thought he did alright. The first goal was down to Stevens playing Chimichanga onside and although there was the odd moment, I thought Clark and Vlaar did well. Rooney and van Persie hardly touched the ball for most of the game.

He's not the complete defender yet but I'm encouraged by Clark. And yes, I like Baker too. We need (at least) one more but Dunne coming straight back in doesn't seem right to me. It will be nice to have some experience to call on though.

ChiquititayouandIknow had the fall trapped under his feet for ages, and Clark had ample opportunity to put a foot in or otherwise put him off, but defending when the chips are down just doesn't seem part of his make up.  Clark would be much better deployed as a defensive midfielder in my opinion.  Even forgetting about Dunne, I think Baker is a betetr bet as Vlaar's partner.

There is no way you can deny it, I can see that your oh so sad so quiet.
We gave it our best shot but I guess the winner takes it all.
I agree with baker being a good defender and when fit I hope he sees lambert and says 'take a chance on me'.
There is no doubt some think dunne was overpriced but he's not too bad when you consider what Chelsea paid for fernando.

The game has really changed for the worse though and now it's all about money,money,money.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 05:35:06 PM by eastie »

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2012, 05:35:02 PM »
if there is one player who makes me nervous when the pressure is on and we are trying to see a game out or hang on for dear life, its Richard Dunne
he always seems to pop up giving a penalty away or slipping over at the worst posible time,
i dont care how much experience he has, he's a liability at times, and is no cool head, unless playing for Ireland

when/if he comes back, he will be older, not match fit so i cant see him being any improvement on any of the players we have already

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2012, 05:35:56 PM »
I think Eastie's pissed.

Offline rutski

« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2012, 05:37:02 PM »
if there is one player who makes me nervous when the pressure is on and we are trying to see a game out or hang on for dear life, its Richard Dunne
he always seems to pop up giving a penalty away or slipping over at the worst posible time,
i dont care how much experience he has, he's a liability at times, and is no cool head, unless playing for Ireland

when/if he comes back, he will be older, not match fit so i cant see him being any improvement on any of the players we have already
we would have definitely gone down last year if the returning richard dunne hadnt played against the olbeyun. his performance that day was immense!

Offline eastie

« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2012, 05:39:21 PM »
I think Eastie's pissed.

Not me who wants to play enda Stevens in midfield clamps, how about giving shay a run out as a left winger?

Knowing me knowing you , I think maybe I'm the sober one my old friend.
I have a dream of Wembley this season and it may just happen.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 05:43:30 PM by eastie »

Offline eastie

« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2012, 05:40:24 PM »

we would have definitely gone down last year if the returning richard dunne hadnt played against the olbeyun. his performance that day was immense!

Not as immense as shay given was.

Offline rutski

« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2012, 05:44:09 PM »

i wont disagree that shay was too, however Dunne was pure class that day and we would have gone if we lost that game.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2012, 05:45:31 PM »
I think Eastie's pissed.

Not me who wants to play enda Stevens in midfield clamps, how about giving shay a run out as a left winger?

I was joking, it was'nt my fault it went over your head. Oh dear.

As for Enda, there's no harm in trying him left midfield for half an hour when we're 3-0 up in a game. He could save us some money, money, money.

Offline eastie

« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2012, 05:45:46 PM »

i wont disagree that shay was too, however Dunne was pure class that day and we would have gone if we lost that game.

Yes dunne at his best is still an asset and if lambert can get that kind of display from him he could be useful to us after Xmas.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2012, 05:46:26 PM »

Impossible to say we'd have definitely gone down considering we stayed up by 2 points and only got a point in that game. As the table turned out we could have lost that match and the Spurs game and we'd still have stayed up.

Offline eastie

« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2012, 05:46:55 PM »
I think Eastie's pissed.

As for Enda, there's no harm in trying him left midfield for half an hour when we're 3-0 up in a game. He could save us some money, money, money.

So was i clampy, we both know the name of the game.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2012, 05:55:07 PM »
I think Eastie's pissed.

So was i clampy, we both know the name of the game.

Judging by your Stevens and Given comments i doubt you were, it sounds like yet another Eastie bit of classic backtracking. Nice try anyway.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal