collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mancs in our stands  (Read 59839 times)

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
Re: Mancs in our stands
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2012, 09:28:28 AM »
I don't see the issue with it. They have two choices - keep quiet, in which case they won't enjoy any goal for them as much, or give it the big'un, in which case they'll be deeply uncomfortable for the rest of the game surrounded by dozens of home fans.

I've only done the away fan in the home end once, but it was at Anfield during the 2005 European Cup semi. I was the only man on the Kop who wanted a Chelski victory.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2012, 09:45:48 AM »
Not that i condole voilence,

I have never, ever condoled voilence.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2012, 10:50:46 AM »
Only been in one away end with Villa and that was at the sty early 80's ( When it was an even bigger shithole than it is now, hard, i know) massive fight outside the away end so got out of the crush and went in their end, showed the copper who was just inside the turnstile my Villa tattoo thinking he may let me through into the Villa end. No such luck, the wanker gestured to the cavemen with blue and white scarfs on that i was Villa, i spent the next twenty or so minutes getting pelted with coins before i was let into the Villa end along side others who had  the same idea as me. We all agreed that maybe we had left our brains at home that day.

Offline MarkM

« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2012, 11:23:45 AM »
Stood in the home end at Derby once, it was not long after David Platt had [I think if memory serves] run some old lady over in his car????

He was getting dogs abuse about it from the Derby fans until Platt turned his back on them and gave them the 'wankers' hand gesture.

I have a Villa tattoo on my arm and wore a short sleeve top, I had to spend the whole game with my left hand clamped around my right arm hiding the tattoo! A good day though!

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2012, 01:21:22 PM »
We all know it's going to happen on Saturday and the reason is that most of these 'fans' only go to one match a season and genuinely do not understand why anyone at a 'live' football match would ever have any reason to be bothered about it.
Like the Manc gloryhunter at my local gym who reasons that United are a 'global' club and their supporters come from everywhere, you are likely to be sat near a plastic Manc on Saturday evening wherever you are in the ground.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2012, 02:14:22 PM »
Im going to be in The Shed on Dec 23rd with all the solicitors, accountants and bankers.

Offline SW9-VILLA

« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2012, 04:01:41 PM »
if someone is not overtly celebrating and generally behaving well and respectful within the surroundings, why do we have to throw them out?

I'd agree with this. Would never do this myself though, if I can't sit with my own fans watching my team I'd rather not go, seems like a joyless experience to me.

Offline arnie66

« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2012, 04:09:43 PM »
We all know it's going to happen on Saturday and the reason is that most of these 'fans' only go to one match a season and genuinely do not understand why anyone at a 'live' football match would ever have any reason to be bothered about it.
Like the Manc gloryhunter at my local gym who reasons that United are a 'global' club and their supporters come from everywhere, you are likely to be sat near a plastic Manc on Saturday evening wherever you are in the ground.

Isn't there a saying that you are never more than six feet away from a rat ???

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2012, 04:53:06 PM »
Not that i condole voilence,

I have never, ever condoled voilence.
How do you voilate anyway?

Offline deasy92

« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2012, 04:56:37 PM »
Only 2865 tickets left now according to the online ticket website - will be biggest turnout this season..wonder how many of those will be utd fans?

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2012, 04:58:36 PM »
I've been in with the home fans at Maine Rd, never did it since because it was awful not being able to react to things etc and worse when they scored to win 1-0 in the fa cup. I think a few around me cottoned on and it got a bit hairy when at the end of the game our boys started kicking off.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2012, 05:01:17 PM »
I've been in with the home fans at Maine Rd, never did it since because it was awful not being able to react to things etc and worse when they scored to win 1-0 in the fa cup. I think a few around me cottoned on and it got a bit hairy when at the end of the game our boys started kicking off

Tony Coton played a blinder for them that day. Villa fans spilled onto the pitch at the end and a police horse stood on my foot.

I've sat in the Stretford end twice for Villa games. fortunately we never came close to scoring in either game

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2012, 05:03:35 PM »
If they give it the 'big I am' in the Villa end and up getting a kicking/getting chucked out I really don't have any sympathy. They know what they're doing, they're adults, they should should expect consequences to their actions.

However, it seems like lots of people are getting their knickers in a twist about this, as if the Holte will be half full of United fans - it won't be. Offhand, I can't remember any of them being in the Holte when I've attended.

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2012, 05:03:47 PM »
I've been in with the home fans at Maine Rd, never did it since because it was awful not being able to react to things etc and worse when they scored to win 1-0 in the fa cup. I think a few around me cottoned on and it got a bit hairy when at the end of the game our boys started kicking off

Tony Coton played a blinder for them that day. Villa fans spilled onto the pitch at the end and a police horse stood on my foot.

I've sat in the Stretford end twice for Villa games. fortunately we never came close to scoring in either game

Yep thats the one I was in the corner nearest our fans so caught up in the stampede of Citeh fans trying to get down to the pitch.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2012, 05:07:37 PM »
I went in the Kop at b-lose for Joe Gallagher's testemonial.

I didn't celebrate a goal or anything but I was not exactly unknown to b-lose hooligans so I got recognised.

I got battered.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal