collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: January Transfer Thread: Speculation, Lies, Absolute Cr*p and Bosman Rumours  (Read 1777959 times)

Offline villan from luton

Re: January Transfer Thread: Speculation, Lies, Absolute Cr*p and Bosman Rumours
« Reply #9405 on: January 31, 2013, 10:45:33 PM »
The fucking tweet was so small time too. Even if it was a big player we were about to sign it would still have been small-time and unprofessional.

Three years ago we were heading to a League Cup final, probably had the best midfield in the Premiership and looked like we could challenge the big boys.

What a difference three years can make. I'm starting to forgive MON too. We didn't realise what clowns he had to work under. He's a twat but Lerner's behavious since makes MON look like a saint

Maybe if we had not paid out so much in fees and wages on a pile of shite under MON, we would not be in this position now. Just a thought

Yes. None of that was Lerner's fault at all. At least he still has his scapegoat for that episode.

Dont think he has ever made MON the scapegoat TBH. Perhaps he should have taken more control, but he backed his manager

Offline Phil from the upper holte

Re: January Transfer Thread: Speculation, Lies, Absolute Cr*p and Bosman Rumours
« Reply #9406 on: January 31, 2013, 10:46:05 PM »
Our midfield is weak yes but our defenders can't defend, when we get relegated I'll look back on tonight and say there! That was the night we fucked it. We needed experience and we got none

Well done Villa

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #9407 on: January 31, 2013, 10:46:40 PM »
Matt Upson has joined Brighton then

FFS

He will enjoy himself there

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #9408 on: January 31, 2013, 10:46:57 PM »

FFS

Maybe the location suited him?

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #9409 on: January 31, 2013, 10:47:04 PM »
Was it revealed who bid for Diamme? Oh and Lambert is the biggest c**t to be Villa manager since DOL. Stubborn prick......he's been offered money apparently and turned it down. Nobody has killed my interest in football more than this man...!! :(

No one bid for Diame. All part of the usual deadline day bollocks

I heard it was arsenal

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #9410 on: January 31, 2013, 10:47:15 PM »
Matthew Upson has gone to Brighton on loan...

Fucking Brighton????!!!!!!
He probably will be.

*sniggers, straightens face* That's a terrible slur.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #9411 on: January 31, 2013, 10:47:42 PM »
So no defensive re inforcements. Does Lambert watch the same team as us? The team who, when a corner was cleared on Tuesday, raised an ironic cheer from their own fans? I give up...and by the sound of it so has he.

Online Lsvilla

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #9412 on: January 31, 2013, 10:49:11 PM »
Rumours TSM has quit Forest over George Boyd saga

Offline mr woo

« Reply #9413 on: January 31, 2013, 10:49:14 PM »
This really does remind me of 1987. We needed experienced heads. We got Warren Aspinall from Everton reserves.

Exactly what I was thinking. And we all know what happened that year. The only difference I can see....? This side is worse.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #9414 on: January 31, 2013, 11:46:34 PM »
Rumours McLeish has quit. No idea of how reliable they are.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #9415 on: January 31, 2013, 11:52:09 PM »
Where was that kind of luck when we needed it?

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #9416 on: January 31, 2013, 11:52:28 PM »
Lerner has made mistakes, I find it hard to criticism him too much though. He's given us alot of his money.

Lambert spent horribly in the Summer.

I honestly can't believe some people still think this? Did I miss something? Did Lambert inherit a top half squad in the summer? Didn't we come 16th the season before?

We lost Petrov, Cuellar and Heskey, more or less swapped Collins for Vlaar, got shot of Hutton and Warnock to get replacements in on lower wages and all of this was on top of losing massive chunks of what remained of MON's side the season before. Lambert then only signs 8 players at an average of about £2.5m a signing to repair this massive hole in the quality of our squad and he's spent horribly has he? What were you expecting? To unearth every hidden gem across europe that no else has seen because I'd suggest you're living in dreamland if you thought that. Not to mention the fact that in all likelihood the combined wages for these players are probably a lot lower than you would expect for 8 Premier league players. El Ahmadi would be the one guy I would concede is not looking money well spent, but at about 2 million it's hardly an expensive mistake is it?

Pretty much my thoughts as well.

It is clear that the owner does not want to invest any more money in the club.  Which is fair enough but we have had no soft landing.  We have come in hot and hit the runway hard, with the undercarriage collapsing.

What gets me is that he has had this intention since before the start of last season and allowed McLeish to bring in N'Zogbia, Given, Hutton and Jenas (on loan) on wages that committed the club to a heavy expenditure for a number of years to come.  The Downing money could have been better spent.

What I would like to know is how we currently stand with income v expenditure.  Also, I do not see many players coming through from the reserves/youth team.

Offline FrankyH

• GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #9417 on: January 31, 2013, 11:54:00 PM »

FFS

He will enjoy himself there
Steady Tiger !

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #9418 on: January 31, 2013, 11:55:10 PM »
McLeish on his way back to Villa Park in biggest about turn ever.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #9419 on: February 01, 2013, 12:00:48 AM »

They just had the Peterborough chairman on SSN, saying that Forest pulled out at the last minute due to some trumped up problem with Boyd's eyesight.  The chairman (McAnthony?) was livid, and intimated that McLeish wanted the player, but his chairman didn't.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal