collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Who do you think will be the first signing!?  (Read 77576 times)

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
Re: Who do you think will be the first signing!?
« Reply #270 on: June 20, 2012, 05:48:30 PM »
NZonzi anyone ?

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #271 on: June 20, 2012, 05:52:44 PM »

Offline Hoppo

« Reply #272 on: June 20, 2012, 06:15:28 PM »
Isnt Faulkner on holiday so thats why things are slow.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #273 on: June 20, 2012, 07:01:22 PM »
Isnt Faulkner on holiday so thats why things are slow.

Hasn`t he got a company Blackberry then?

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #275 on: June 21, 2012, 12:27:47 AM »
I'd take NRC back if he's available
Decent DCM

Where to start on disagreeing with that? He is almost as crap as Jordan Henderson, perhaps that is the most telling comment I could make. You can always tell crap players because people can remember the individual games in which they played well. In Reo-Coker's case, you can go one better than that and actually remember the passes he completed. Bolton in the Championship is his standard and there he should stay

A little harsh on Jordan Henderson there Richard.  Yes Liverpool paid way over the odds for him, but he showed some real promise at Sunderland. 

Offline midnite

• GM : 30.03.2016
« Reply #276 on: June 21, 2012, 10:41:35 AM »
I think De Jong is exactly who we should be going for. It's not above our station to be linked with a player like him. What does throw it out the water as someone has pointed out is his massive wages. He is over paid from that point of view. Man city over paid with the transfer fee (he could have gone for free six months later). He is a very good player but he is t in the 100k a week bracket. I suppose you're only worth what someone is willing to pay for you. Clubs like Man City are completely squewing wages since they can pay what they want.

Maz, I saw an article on SSN saying City were open to offers rather than letting him go for free next year.

Offline timeoutbigbar

« Reply #277 on: June 21, 2012, 10:49:03 AM »
I think De Jong is exactly who we should be going for. It's not above our station to be linked with a player like him. What does throw it out the water as someone has pointed out is his massive wages. He is over paid from that point of view. Man city over paid with the transfer fee (he could have gone for free six months later). He is a very good player but he is t in the 100k a week bracket. I suppose you're only worth what someone is willing to pay for you. Clubs like Man City are completely squewing wages since they can pay what they want.

Maz, I saw an article on SSN saying City were open to offers rather than letting him go for free next year.

He'll have offers from CL clubs I'd imagine, someone like Milan/Inter/Juve.  Think we need to be a bit more realistic considering our current situation.  Plus, he's a C***.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #278 on: June 21, 2012, 11:18:33 AM »
In the position he plays, being a bit of a c**t is often an advantage.  See Keane, Roy.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #279 on: June 21, 2012, 11:31:45 AM »
Decent DCM

Where to start on disagreeing with that? He is almost as crap as Jordan Henderson, perhaps that is the most telling comment I could make. You can always tell crap players because people can remember the individual games in which they played well. In Reo-Coker's case, you can go one better than that and actually remember the passes he completed. Bolton in the Championship is his standard and there he should stay

A little harsh on Jordan Henderson there Richard.  Yes Liverpool paid way over the odds for him, but he showed some real promise at Sunderland. 

A decent young player who has been completely overrated and currently out of his depth. The fact he is in the England squad is quite astonishing. He's basically a poor man's early 2000s Lee Hendrie.

The way his head wobbles about on his goose neck annoys me too.

Offline Karl Bridges

« Reply #280 on: June 21, 2012, 11:49:46 AM »
Decent DCM

Except he's bailed on them invoking a relegation release clause. Obviously keeping an eye on movement after the Euro's. Milan, Real, Bayern who knows which of the games giants will be the next to ignore his limited talents.

Offline Karl Bridges

« Reply #281 on: June 21, 2012, 11:53:23 AM »
NZonzi anyone ?

The only Blackburn player i'd want us to sign is Martin Olsson. I would guess he may be getting a few phone calls after his displays at the Euro's though.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #282 on: June 21, 2012, 12:01:31 PM »
NZonzi anyone ?

The only Blackburn player i'd want us to sign is Martin Olsson. I would guess he may be getting a few phone calls after his displays at the Euro's though.

I'll admit that I didn't see the Sweden v France game, but I thought Olsson was poor in the other two games he played, including a shocker against Ukraine.  Maybe he just had a poor tournament.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #283 on: June 21, 2012, 01:18:10 PM »
I dont rate either of the Blackburn Olssons.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #284 on: June 21, 2012, 01:21:16 PM »

He'd see Villa as a step down and so I'd question whether he'd be bothered or not.

I'd rather players going up in their careers, not taking on those on the way down.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal