collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sir Graham has his say  (Read 22888 times)

Offline gerags

Re: Sir Graham has his say
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2012, 11:03:52 PM »

I agree with most of SGT's comments anyway apart from the slant that we don't like or accept him because of his Blose connections, rather than for being shite.

It's plain to all of us, but when (if) he finally departs, the media and Ferguson will forever bleat that we just couldn't get over the Dog Shit connection.

As long as he's out of here and we then have a manager that sends out a team to put up a fight at ManUre or wherever we play I really couldn't give a damn what that old soak thinks about us !

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2012, 11:07:53 PM »

I agree with most of SGT's comments anyway apart from the slant that we don't like or accept him because of his Blose connections, rather than for being shite.

It's plain to all of us, but when (if) he finally departs, the media and Ferguson will forever bleat that we just couldn't get over the Dog Shit connection.

As long as he's out of here and we then have a manager that sends out a team to put up a fight at ManUre or wherever we play I really couldn't give a damn what that old soak thinks about us !

Agreed.  It's a small price to pay for having shot of McLeish.  At least WE know the truth, that's all that matters.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2012, 11:10:18 PM »

Agreed.  It's a small price to pay for having shot of McLeish.  At least WE know the truth, that's all that matters.
Who is this 'WE' that you claim to represent?

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2012, 11:26:21 PM »
"We" being the fans of Aston Villa.

Offline Tom Sawyer

« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2012, 11:29:42 PM »
"We" being the fans of Aston Villa.

As in "We, the people"?

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2012, 08:34:21 AM »

The majority of Villa supporters who know that Honest Alex is doing a very, very poor job.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2012, 09:33:09 AM »
I read into that article as much criticism of McL as a man of GT's integrity would make in public.
- he criticised the team's set-up;
- he implied that McL was looking for draws / damage limitation;
- he implicitly criticised his man-management;
- he effectively attacked his 'starman signing', N'Zog; criticism by proxy.

He softened his comments with the lead about the players and the Blues connections, but essentially this is a critical article about the manager.

I would like to think it might have some traction with more influential people around B6, but maybe it's too subtle for them.

Those 4 points virtually sum up most Villa fans opinions of the team.

Which makes him? - a Villa fan, I suppose!

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2012, 10:16:06 AM »

The majority of Villa supporters who know that Honest Alex is doing a very, very poor job.

Precisely I can't understand how any Villa fan would think he's doing a good job, in any sense of the word. We're terrible to watch with awful results.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2012, 10:37:00 AM »

Seemingly everybody apart from you.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2012, 10:47:39 AM »
Do i detect a McLeish supporter?

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2012, 11:35:41 AM »
I support McLeish.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal