collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by KevinGage
[Today at 01:15:28 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:42:47 AM]

Villa - Arsenal 89-90 by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:33 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[April 28, 2024, 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[April 28, 2024, 11:07:30 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by KevinGage
[Today at 01:15:28 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by SaddVillan
[Today at 12:44:12 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:42:47 AM]

Re: Villa - Arsenal 89-90 by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:33 AM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Skerra
[April 28, 2024, 11:28:45 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[April 28, 2024, 11:20:28 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How many of you have lost the love like me?  (Read 25998 times)

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
Re: How many of you have lost the love like me?
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2012, 06:59:46 AM »
Having been taken to my first game as a five year old it's really part of my identity, it's part of who I am.  That can never leave me and moving away has only made me realise this even more.

However, Brian is spot on, I find it harder to get angry about them now - I've accepted our fate as an also ran - that's the pity.  Maybe it's part of the mellowing that getting older gives you.

I'm so bloody proud of our Club though.  Whatever happens in our future we are the Villa and our history and traditions are set in stone.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2012, 09:55:15 AM »
The game has just changed so much in the past decade and we have struggled to keep up, first under Doug and now with Randy.

Growing up, our last major trophies in 1994 and 1996 were always fresh in the memory and I felt we'd manage another before long. Now though, those successes are 18 and 16 years ago and it's hard to see us winning a trophy any time soon. It's just getting harder and harder to compete and its more difficult to find common cause with aveerage players who earn £60,000 a week.

Last season was supposed to be a transitional season towards finding players with the 'right' attitude etc. This season has been a retreat to the mid 1980s.

Offline Simon Ward

« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2012, 10:02:14 AM »
I suppose the worst thing is my weekend is never ruined now when we lose, whereas it always used to be!

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2012, 10:09:35 AM »
I used to go to games with hope and belief that we'd win. I go to games now expecting not to win and to come away disappointed. I don't want these feelings anymore, I've been going 18 years, I think I need a break from it.

Offline Newquay_AVFC

« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2012, 10:26:59 AM »
Like lots have said, a few years back if we lost i would be so angry and upset for a good couple of days, now i just don't care. After the cup game v that lot last season i even had a good chat after the game with my best mate(a nose). I used to love going to Villa park, everything from the smell of the onions outside to watching good football played by 11 players who cared. It just isn't like that anymore. I would rather go to away games. I still take a lot of pride from the Villa, watching my 6 year old daughter at football training in her Villa kit fills me with pride, talking about the Villa to people down here who don't have a clue about football also makes me very proud. But the club as a whole have done nothing in the last couple of years to make me part with hard earned cash to go and watch them. However, have i lost the love? Nope, Villa till i diel.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2012, 10:29:52 AM »
Though my favourite was the time Kenny Sansom got a bollocking for turning up in a yellow and brown striped shirt. He explained that his wife had just thrown him out, and it was all he could find. He was on the verge of tears, apparently

You don't want to fuck Kenny Sansom around though. Wasn't his dad an armed robber and suspected by the police of being involved in the Great Train Robbery?

Chico, I am pretty certain he was from a family of well known south London villains (small v in villains of course). Allegedly, legal disclaimer, etc.

My love for the Villa remains intact but it is easy to stay in a relationship when you are 5000 miles away and the only chance of a fling on the side is with the corrupt locals who make Chelsea and Emirates City look like the Corinthians.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2012, 10:44:42 AM »
I love the Villa so much and still am glued to the footy news whenever I get the chance but like the love of your life, you go through ups and downs. The last two years and the foreseeable future are the equivilent to not talking to her for a few days, in the grand scheme of things. I still love her but i'm really pissed off with her at the moment.

well said that man....

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2012, 10:47:45 AM »
Sounds like you just want someone to convince you that everything will be hunky-dory as we're just on the cusp of greatness, well it won't,

its Villa, average is what we do best.

I think the last line should be our new club motto.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2012, 11:48:46 AM »
Despite giving up the season ticket for next season, I still fully intend to get my Son down there and indoctrinate him in all ways Villa.

Poor sod.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2012, 02:26:37 PM »
Despite giving up the season ticket for next season, I still fully intend to get my Son down there and indoctrinate him in all ways Villa.

Poor sod.
I'm reporting you to the RSPCC

Offline eastie

« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2012, 05:20:46 PM »
I simply have a feeling of apathy towards it at the moment.

Yeah same here, I wasn't remotely surprised or angry when Blackburn equalised at the weekend. There was a time when I'd have been in a rage all evening.

Yep , it used to ruin my weekend when we lost and stop me sleeping but the last 2 seasons have been utterly depressing culminating in the farcical way the club is being run by randy , faulkner and mcleish- i pray my pleasure at watching villa will return soon after these clowns have departed .

Until then i will watch on villa streams from the warmth of my living room .

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2012, 05:24:27 PM »
I simply have a feeling of apathy towards it at the moment.

Yeah same here, I wasn't remotely surprised or angry when Blackburn equalised at the weekend. There was a time when I'd have been in a rage all evening.

Yep , it used to ruin my weekend when we lost and stop me sleeping but the last 2 seasons have been utterly depressing culminating in the farcical way the club is being run by randy , faulkner and mcleish- i pray my pleasure at watching villa will return soon after these clowns have departed .

Until then i will watch on villa streams from the warmth of my living room .

I'm in awe at your fanatical, Villa Till I Die, devotion.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2012, 05:45:06 PM »
Yes, it's a miracle we ever filled Jeff Taylor's coach for night games at Norwich in the mid-eighties.

Offline eastie

« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2012, 06:17:55 PM »
Yes, it's a miracle we ever filled Jeff Taylor's coach for night games at Norwich in the mid-eighties.

I was there through the glory and pain of the 80s and 90s but even after relegation never felt remotely as depressed about the club as i do now- then we had graham taylor arrive and a fresh start but now things just seem to be drifting aimlessly with little hope of improvement.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2012, 06:23:03 PM »
You've stopped getting upset about it but this is the most depressed you've felt about the club?

Isn't that a bit of a contradiction in terms?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal