collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread: Speculation, Lies, Absolute Cr*p and Bosman Rumours  (Read 2450944 times)

Offline Ryu

Re: Summer Transfer Thread: Speculation, Lies, Absolute Cr*p and Bosman Rumours
« Reply #9420 on: August 29, 2012, 05:35:39 PM »
we will be relegated starting with Bowery next game .   Lets hope there is some proper signings.

Don't know anythin about the player so I won't argue the merits of signing him or not but we could start Guzan up front this weekend and it wouldn't mean we'd get relegated. It's only August.

Offline pelty

« Reply #9421 on: August 29, 2012, 05:37:11 PM »
How can we possibly be in the shit moneywise, our owner has just banked £600m from selling the Browns? We will definitely be in the shit moneywise if we are relegated this year and miss out on next years bumper TV deal! Maybe someone should enlighten Mr Lerner, that way if he invests now, he'll get it back in 12 months!

Riiiight, this is all a result of Lerner's monetary policy. In reality, PL is coming to him and saying, "Randy, give me 10 million pounds so that I can go buy 'Proven Premier League Player X'!" and Randy replies, "No, Paul, here is 500K (or whatever it is) for Bowery. Have you seen him? He can really do the business and the price is right! I have been spending all my time scouting the lower leagues for these bargain basement players." Sheesh! PL knows who he wants and has targeted those players and brought them to the attention of PF. If you do not like the players he is bringing in, then take it up with Lambert. Has anyone noticed that this is fairly typical of PL's modus operandi? It has worked well in the past, so why not allow him the opportunity to build the team his way without suggesting that he would really be building a Barcelona-like squad if "only that pesky Randy had not thwarted him."

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #9422 on: August 29, 2012, 05:37:28 PM »
I love things like this on H & V. One minute people are saying how much they rate Lambert and the next getting all worked up because he's signing a payer they don't approve of.

His Norwich side was full of similar payers who most of us had never heard of 18 months ago and it was his achievements there that brought to him to our attention. Can't we just trust the bloke to get on with it?

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #9423 on: August 29, 2012, 05:38:45 PM »
i only follow Holly Willoughby on Twitter, and she never posts any ITK stuff about Villa

Unless she's posting her topless holiday snaps on a regular basis, what's interesting about her John?

just fancy her thats all

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #9424 on: August 29, 2012, 05:39:12 PM »

Offline LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
« Reply #9425 on: August 29, 2012, 05:39:29 PM »
£600k is a lot to us mere mortals (and an awful lot to Chesterfield, apparently) but it is peanuts to Villa. Think of it as 3 months wages for Habib Beye (or a couple of editions of H&V for Dave). If he turns out to be a dud then we'll all forget about it. But if Lambert has spotted something in him, some untapped potential, then maybe it will turn out to be a fantastic coup.

Now lets just make sure we get an established, proven striker in before the window closes.

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #9426 on: August 29, 2012, 05:40:11 PM »
Rooney: "Everyone enjoys playing with Bowery"

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #9427 on: August 29, 2012, 05:40:48 PM »
I miss the days when I used to know something about the players we were linked with!

In Lambert I trust. Amen!

Offline Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #9428 on: August 29, 2012, 05:41:48 PM »
Christ alive - what a bunch of drama queens. Why don't we wait until 11pm on Friday before throwing our toys out of the pram?

Offline LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
« Reply #9429 on: August 29, 2012, 05:43:31 PM »
...If you do not like the players he is bringing in, then take it up with Lambert.

Thanks Pelty. If you could please post Lambert's email address that would be great, thank you.

(For the record, I don't dislike them - yet)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #9430 on: August 29, 2012, 05:45:01 PM »
I remember the days when all we signed were overpriced Premier League players and a lot of people thought we should have been have scouring the lower leagues and abroad for better value players.

Now we're doing that a lot of folks seem to think we should be buying over priced Premier League players.

Offline pelty

« Reply #9431 on: August 29, 2012, 05:45:18 PM »
I will work on getting that to you, LeeS...

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #9432 on: August 29, 2012, 05:45:40 PM »
Apparently his old man Bert Bowery was Cloughies first signing when he took over at Forest. Soon got rid of  him!
It never works this father and son thing.

I think we should go for Tom Ince!

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #9433 on: August 29, 2012, 05:46:32 PM »
Randy may have sold the browns for a lot of cash but he doesn't want to spend it on us

Offline AvFc4eVeR

« Reply #9434 on: August 29, 2012, 05:47:59 PM »
How can we possibly be in the shit moneywise, our owner has just banked £600m from selling the Browns? We will definitely be in the shit moneywise if we are relegated this year and miss out on next years bumper TV deal! Maybe someone should enlighten Mr Lerner, that way if he invests now, he'll get it back in 12 months!

Riiiight, this is all a result of Lerner's monetary policy. In reality, PL is coming to him and saying, "Randy, give me 10 million pounds so that I can go buy 'Proven Premier League Player X'!" and Randy replies, "No, Paul, here is 500K (or whatever it is) for Bowery. Have you seen him? He can really do the business and the price is right! I have been spending all my time scouting the lower leagues for these bargain basement players." Sheesh! PL knows who he wants and has targeted those players and brought them to the attention of PF. If you do not like the players he is bringing in, then take it up with Lambert. Has anyone noticed that this is fairly typical of PL's modus operandi? It has worked well in the past, so why not allow him the opportunity to build the team his way without suggesting that he would really be building a Barcelona-like squad if "only that pesky Randy had not thwarted him."

Hang on there, pelty.

My post was refering to another post saying we are in the shit money wise.

I at no point said this Bowery fella is going to be useless, nor did I question PL's judgement. In fact its the opposite, Im supporting PL's judgement as we know he went after Benteke but was told £5.5m is not enough. If Randy wants PL to do his job he should back him now rather than later, when it will be too late.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal