collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: This protest website....  (Read 29381 times)

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
Re: This protest website....
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2012, 04:56:38 PM »
OCCUPY VILLA VILLAGE

Idiots. This is perhaps one of the reasons that persuade me that McLeish should go though, we could win the European Cup and he still wouldn't win over a large majority of the fans, and until he goes attendances will continue to plummet; though maybe we're better off without these uninformed fools embarrassing our club.

I swear to god I've heard people at the Villa blaming McLeish for the exits of Downing and Young.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2012, 05:09:43 PM »
I've just looked on there and this comment struck me:

"I've never seen us so low down in the table"

Think about it.

Offline Chipsticks

« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2012, 05:13:43 PM »

Think about it.

Well for a start we finished 16th under O'Leary in 2006. I get a strong feeling that these idiots only realised they were 'true Villa fans' after we started performing well under O'Neil.

I bet they don't even know who Juan Pablo Angel is.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2012, 05:15:57 PM »
We would have been below 13th last season at points too? And we've probably been lower earlier this one too.

Must have a very short attention span.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2012, 05:16:07 PM »
I'm pretty sure we were lower last January.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2012, 05:16:40 PM »
His biggest problem was that he prioritised buying N'Zog over a couple of decent centre backs in the close-season.

To be fair to him, he had Dunne and Collins, who had formed an excellent partnership that, it seemed at the time, Houllier had messed up. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but the summer's priority was replacing Ash and/or Downing. 
Well, we all see different things, John. I never saw wingers as the priority since we had Albrighton and also some talent through the middle. Collins was my biggest concern in the close season; that and a defensive MF.
But, as you imply, maybe my mind is post-rationalising stuff.

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2012, 05:18:40 PM »
I'm listening to Drive on 5Live and they've just done an interview with a biologist that has discovered that cabbages can communicate with one another.

I think we could have told them where to look for living proof.

By the way the story about cabbages was real.

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2012, 05:20:13 PM »
I thought this was a wind-up, there's actually a protest? Christ. Go and have a beer before the game and then go and support your team, you'll feel much better.

I'm appalled to see someone advocating underage drinking. You should be ashamed.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2012, 05:31:01 PM »

Think about it.

Beat me to it Dave - that one jumped out at me too.  Some great piss-takes of our friend DozeyG on there as well, but the best comment I saw was 'Fuck off you ******' from someone called bigeck@avfc.co.uk

Offline Chipsticks

« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2012, 05:53:14 PM »
Discussing the protest on TalkSport now, here comes the embarrassment...

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2012, 05:54:54 PM »
Out to play again.  I'm just gutted I'm not a real fan.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2012, 06:00:03 PM »
I’m sure most of you have seen the reports in the papers today regarding imminent protests this Sunday before the Man City game. Normally I ignore this kind of thing as a few protests have been supposedly organised recently but nothing has come to pass. However in light of the media coverage I felt some sort of response necessary.

Is this really the time for this? Are things really at the point of protest?

At the moment, after 24 games we are sitting in 13th place, which is higher than last season. We are 8 points above the drop zone and not really much sign of us being dragged into a relegation scrap. We are only 5 points behind 8th place in the league.

Much of the ill feeling is directed at Alex McLeish and I’m afraid it all stems down to where he came from. Stats support the fact that he has a better record to Houllier last season and a record that is on par with O’Neil’s first season. I don’t remember any protests taking place back then.

In the statement issued by the protesters they state the following

‘He had a full pre-season, was given £20m (approx) to spend and has players of the calibre of Darren Bent, Gabby Agbonlahor and Stephen Ireland to work with (also the most promising batch of home-grown players produced in years).

Just to address this.  I can only add up 18.5 million pounds worth of purchases. In the current market that does not even begin to scratch the surface. Darren Bent has proven time and time again that he is a proven goal scorer but the fact is he has continued scoring recently despite the main channels of supply (Young & Downing) being sold. Agbonlahor and Ireland, I actually thing McLeish has done well in returning these players to form. Certainly something that the previous manager was unable to do!

What do these protesters actually hope to achieve? The sacking of McLeish? Please tell me which top flight manager is available to take his place.

These people will say in a seductive manner ‘if you’re a real fan you will go and protest because how can you watch your club decline?

I say how can you go to the protest and help contribute to any potential decline by sticking the knife in? The image at of the club is not great at the moment, how do these people expect anyone of any good calibre to join a club where the fans have treated their last two managers with nothing but contempt and have a record of booing their own players. I believe David Moyes said publicly that he would never come to Villa because of how the fans treated Houllier.

I’m not denying that there are some issues that need working out, but recently we have been seeing progress on the pitch. In the last 8 games we have scored 15 goals. That is not the stat of a defensive manager, especially when you consider the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal are included in that run.

At this time we need to be uniting as fans, not further dividing. Not protesting, look at the state Blackburn fans have gotten themselves into. They are now laughed at on a daily basis.

Get behind the club, get behind the team. It is no coincidence that the away form is vastly superior to the home form, due to the never say die mentality of our brilliant away fans. We need to take that into the ground at Villa Park. Stop booing the players. Stop crying about what we have not got and what has been! Look at what we have got and push the team forward!!

That’s how this team moves forward, with loud vocal support at Villa Park. Some games we will lose, some we will win! But we need to do it together!!

WE ARE VILLANS!!

BE THE 12TH MAN!

Thanks for reading

Proud to be a Villan

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2012, 06:03:26 PM »
Well said Legion. 

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2012, 06:03:45 PM »
If the Ginge has lost the dressing room, I hope Warnock, Collins, Heskey, Dunne are lost forever. I also would like any player who does not give 100% for Aston Villa to be got rid of. Pissed off hearing about players revolt etc. If it's the same players as last time F,,, m off.

He won't've lost Heskey.

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2012, 06:03:48 PM »
Thanks for that, lee.  Posted on my Facebook.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal