collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 03:14:39 AM]

Champions League Contention by Rory
[Today at 03:07:22 AM]

Diego Carlos by VillaTim
[Today at 03:06:47 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by darren woolley
[Today at 02:45:39 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by darren woolley
[Today at 02:41:31 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by KevinGage
[Today at 01:57:17 AM]

Robin Olsen by colin69
[Today at 01:29:26 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:22:07 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: This protest website....  (Read 29374 times)

Offline supertommykN'iba

Re: This protest website....
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2012, 03:33:14 PM »
Can we have a Guess the Crowd & Prediction Thread for the protest?

My GTC is 43 and Prediction is this -

3pm - The 43 are all in position singing about Small Heath.
3.03pm - The 43 are getting restless are there are so few of them and start to shout a little louder before someone decides to start a 'stampede'.
3.04pm - The 43 find themselves by Villa Village. They stop there, and start singing 'We want McLeish out', pointing the fingers at the offices above the shop.
3.07pm - More than half of the 43 have now raised their scarves over their faces as they continue to lay into the staff working above the shop.
3.12pm - They move on, making their way past the back of the North Stand, to be apprehended by Police, telling them they can't go that way.
3.13pm - After shouting at the Police, they turn away, and form an orderly queue to purchase a fanzine from a keen salesman who has sought an opportunity.
3.17pm - After spending their £2, they turn again, this time walking back towards the Trinity, before breaking up into smaller groups, having forgotten what they turned up so early for. Complaints about the cold start to go around, for which McLeish gets blames, so they start their songs again. Now, there are only about 10 left.
3.20pm - The 10 remaining Super Great Wonder Fans are queueing at the turnstile, moaning about how many people don't care about the club. They are however, proud of their bed sheet that they held.

3.30pm - dazzyg arrives

....armed with another BED sheet.............

Offline WA Villan

« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2012, 03:51:47 PM »
If the Ginge has lost the dressing room, I hope Warnock, Collins, Heskey, Dunne are lost forever. I also would like any player who does not give 100% for Aston Villa to be got rid of. Pissed off hearing about players revolt etc. If it's the same players as last time F,,, m off.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2012, 04:00:46 PM »
3.20pm - The 10 remaining Super Great Wonder Fans are waiting for the bus home, moaning about how many people don't care about the club. They are however, proud of their bed sheet that they held.

Fixed it for you.

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2012, 04:05:14 PM »
Can we have a Guess the Crowd & Prediction Thread for the protest?

My GTC is 43 and Prediction is this -

3pm - The 43 are all in position singing about Small Heath.
3.03pm - The 43 are getting restless are there are so few of them and start to shout a little louder before someone decides to start a 'stampede'.
3.04pm - The 43 find themselves by Villa Village. They stop there, and start singing 'We want McLeish out', pointing the fingers at the offices above the shop.
3.07pm - More than half of the 43 have now raised their scarves over their faces as they continue to lay into the staff working above the shop.
3.12pm - They move on, making their way past the back of the North Stand, to be apprehended by Police, telling them they can't go that way.
3.13pm - After shouting at the Police, they turn away, and form an orderly queue to purchase a fanzine from a keen salesman who has sought an opportunity.
3.17pm - After spending their £2, they turn again, this time walking back towards the Trinity, before breaking up into smaller groups, having forgotten what they turned up so early for. Complaints about the cold start to go around, for which McLeish gets blames, so they start their songs again. Now, there are only about 10 left.
3.20pm - The 10 remaining Super Great Wonder Fans are queueing at the turnstile, moaning about how many people don't care about the club. They are however, proud of their bed sheet that they held.

3.30pm - dazzyg arrives

Very good.

Offline villajk

« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2012, 04:05:32 PM »
3.20pm - The 10 remaining Super Great Wonder Fans are waiting for the bus home, moaning about how many people don't care about the club. They are however, proud of their bed sheet that they held.

Fixed it for you.

Like it.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2012, 04:13:47 PM »
I was quite impressed with McLeish's demeanour on Sunday: he was engaged, passionate and prepared to have a go at players that did not play to his script. And, by and large, the team played okay (defensive idiocy aside).
Yes, his substitutions have been suspect at times and he has seemed to stumble across the value of palying Herd and then Clark alongside Petrov as the midfield. His biggest problem was that he prioritised buying N'Zog over a couple of decent centre backs in the close-season.

The point is, we have McL at the moment: why shoot his legs away at tihis crucial time in the season when the
chairman is unlikely to get rid?

Offline PONGO49

« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2012, 04:15:30 PM »
Who's let the morons out this time?

Mcgrath sake at least give the guy a season.....

Offline supertommykN'iba

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2012, 04:22:32 PM »

Fixed it for you.

Nicely done.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2012, 04:23:41 PM »
I thought this was a wind-up, there's actually a protest? Christ. Go and have a beer before the game and then go and support your team, you'll feel much better.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2012, 04:29:05 PM »
His biggest problem was that he prioritised buying N'Zog over a couple of decent centre backs in the close-season.

To be fair to him, he had Dunne and Collins, who had formed an excellent partnership that, it seemed at the time, Houllier had messed up. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but the summer's priority was replacing Ash and/or Downing. 

Offline villajk

« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2012, 04:30:34 PM »
I thought this was a wind-up, there's actually a protest? Christ. Go and have a beer before the game and then go and support your team, you'll feel much better.

Exactly.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2012, 04:34:32 PM »
It's at times like this I recall Henry Rollins' advice to Morrissey:

"Go for a walk, get some sunshine, get some vitamin C. Get a girlfriend, get a James Brown CD, GET OVER IT!"

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2012, 04:40:42 PM »
The worst thing about this is people on both sides making out their the better fan, as a fan of Villa we all have a choice in how we react to things that happen to our club! Some may become alcoholics some may boo for 90 minutes every fortnight others might just stay away altogether but I'm guessing they all love the Villa!

One thing that does piss me off is people saying that the protesters will embrace "us", at the end of the day who cares what others think? It's something that has been aimed at the Brigada lads a few times. At the end of the day what our fans do at our club has fuck to do with Mancs, Scousers or the Noses across the city.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2012, 04:45:01 PM »
The worst thing about this is people on both sides making out their the better fan, as a fan of Villa we all have a choice in how we react to things that happen to our club! Some may become alcoholics some may boo for 90 minutes every fortnight others might just stay away altogether but I'm guessing they all love the Villa!

One thing that does piss me off is people saying that the protesters will embrace "us", at the end of the day who cares what others think? It's something that has been aimed at the Brigada lads a few times. At the end of the day what our fans do at our club has fuck to do with Mancs, Scousers or the Noses across the city.

I'm not having the smelly little tramps embracing me.

Offline villajk

« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2012, 04:48:20 PM »

I'm not having the smelly little tramps embracing me.

Just beat me to it, Chris.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal