collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Somniloquism
[Today at 04:03:20 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 03:59:30 PM]

FFP by aev
[Today at 03:59:04 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Nii Lamptey
[Today at 03:58:15 PM]

VAR by Somniloquism
[Today at 03:49:31 PM]

Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 03:49:01 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by ExclDawg
[Today at 03:34:52 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Drummond
[Today at 03:31:50 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Somniloquism
[Today at 04:03:20 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 03:59:30 PM]

Re: FFP by aev
[Today at 03:59:04 PM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Nii Lamptey
[Today at 03:58:15 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by Clark W Griswold
[Today at 03:55:47 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:54:12 PM]

Re: FFP by Lsvilla
[Today at 03:53:21 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Demitri_C
[Today at 03:53:05 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Lost Dressing Room? - Update! (Nzogbia Row?)  (Read 54915 times)

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
Re: The Dressing Room.
« Reply #210 on: February 06, 2012, 09:21:29 PM »
Maddie was definitely left back.

Edit. I know it"s wrong. Sorry.

I know it's wrong too, but it made me smile. Apologies from me too.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #211 on: February 06, 2012, 09:31:15 PM »
I think some of the issue is how deep our centre backs drop at times, mainly due to having the turning circle of the titanic and no pace.

We need 2 good centre backs, interesting to see who goes down in the summer, and who might be available elsewhere. Dann and someone like Bassong might be worth a punt.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #212 on: February 07, 2012, 09:09:35 AM »
I'd be looking at N'Zogbia's mate Samba. And it's been too long since we had a Scandinavian at the back so go and have a look at who the latest Viking lunatic off the line is.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #213 on: February 07, 2012, 02:47:19 PM »
Glad you like it Kippax. He should be now known as Richard Tonne.

I tend to call him Dunney.  Because it's Australian for toilet.  Which is what he's been recently.

Totally agree about Vikings Mazrim. Thor and Odin for CB.

Offline Shoody

« Reply #214 on: February 10, 2012, 10:39:09 PM »
From the Daily Mail by Neil Moxley and Colin Young

Alex McLeish and Charles N'Zogbia were involved in a furious dressing-room bust-up following Aston Villa's defeat at Newcastle on Sunday.

The France international and his manager had a face-to-face confrontation in front of startled team-mates after the 2-1 defeat.
The 25-year-old winger made his feelings known on Twitter afterwards, saying he had never been so unhappy playing football.

McLeish heads into Sunday's home clash against Barclays Premier League leaders Manchester City insisting he has the 'bottle' to see through the job, amid the threat of fans' protests and dressing-room unrest.
A march by disgruntled supporters may not have received much, if any, widespread backing, but of equal concern is the fall-out following last week's defeat at Newcastle.

McLeish blamed the media for highlighting Stephen Ireland's reaction to being substituted but the reason for £9.5million signing N'Zogbia's post-match tweet can now be explained.
Defeat by Roberto Mancini's side would stretch Villa's run of Premier League home games without a win to seven, equalling their worst-ever sequence.

Their last victory at Villa Park came against Norwich in November. Yet in the face of worrying statistics and potential protests, McLeish remained defiant, saying: 'I'm going to stay true to myself.
'The protests are out of my control. It's a modern-day fashion. There was talk of a protest against Arsene Wenger a couple of weeks ago, so I'm in pretty good company. At the same time, it's not something I'm going to enjoy because we all like to be popular.

'I expected a rollercoaster and I knew I'd have to have a thicker skin than usual. But I believe I've got the bottle to handle this because I've experienced it before in my managerial career.'
Support for the manager remains rock solid from owner Randy Lerner and chief executive Paul Faulkner.
And McLeish reiterated his commitment, saying: 'I knew the parameters when I walked in and I'm with Randy all the way on his vision for Villa.'

My favourite bit is defintely this bit:

but the reason for £9.5million signing N'Zogbia's post-match tweet can now be explained.

As it doesn't explain a fucking thing other than mashing in a story about Nzogbia's tweet (from last week) and a soundbite from Eck about the protest and making a story out of 2 half-stories. There is no explanation of the row, or any reference to 'a source close to the player/club said..' all it says is that there was a row and the (unquoted) players were 'startled.'

Not to say it didnt happen as the Mail gave this their ever-reliable 'EXCLUSIVE' tag (/sarcasm).

Some people already jumping saying that this has been leaked by somebody in the club, Nzogbia or his agent. Which is possible, but it seems very much like 2 half-baked stories mashed together (especially given the double by-line by Moxley and Young). Kept until the Saturday paper and then released as if its new info.

But thats just my opinion..

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #215 on: February 10, 2012, 10:51:33 PM »
As far as I am concerned, the Manager has said what he has needed to say.
The papers have been stirring the shit as usual. 

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
Re: Lost Dressing Room? - Update! (Nzogbia Row?)
« Reply #216 on: February 10, 2012, 10:59:18 PM »
The Daily Hate in vintage form there.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #217 on: February 10, 2012, 11:14:21 PM »
This is exactly why the club should ban players using twitter. Plays totally into the media's hands

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
« Reply #218 on: February 10, 2012, 11:16:03 PM »
This is exactly why the club should ban players using twitter. Plays totally into the media's hands
Correct.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #219 on: February 10, 2012, 11:18:15 PM »
I hope McLeish tears into the rest of the team too. They need a kick up the arse. The problem is some players cant take it and instead of producing a match winning performance afterwards they rant like spoilt kids.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 07:43:44 AM by Ian J »

Offline Holtemeister

• Location: Living in Birmingham (just) but definately still a Yam Yam
  • GM : 22.07.2016
« Reply #220 on: February 11, 2012, 08:30:19 AM »
Bout time we had someone with the balls to ship up or ship out our bad apples ..... Honing on too long now

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #221 on: February 11, 2012, 09:06:04 AM »
What's disappointing about N'Zogbia is the fact that he's a McLeish signing so really it's his like we should have been building our new era side around.

So far, have we seen enough from him? I think he now might need to be shipped out too. He's so selfish with the ball. He will shoot from any angle no matter how well positioned one of our players will be for a pass.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #222 on: February 11, 2012, 09:42:20 AM »
What's disappointing about N'Zogbia is the fact that he's a McLeish signing so really it's his like we should have been building our new era side around.

So far, have we seen enough from him? I think he now might need to be shipped out too. He's so selfish with the ball. He will shoot from any angle no matter how well positioned one of our players will be for a pass.

Not sure it's selfishness IV.  It seems more like lack of composure / intelligence to me.   He reminds me of Shaun Wright Phillips sometimes, all a bit headless chicken. 

Offline Dave Clark Five

« Reply #223 on: February 11, 2012, 10:46:38 PM »

Offline Dave Clark Five

« Reply #224 on: February 11, 2012, 11:36:29 PM »
Rumours circulating about the players having a little bit of a backlash versus McLeish today. First about 25 minutes into the game this appeared by Simon Bird from The Mirror (yes, I know... the mirror)

'McLeish furious with Ireland for not cutting out cross. Told him so then Ireland 2x shouted back F-off to his manager. #avfc'

But I'm sure I heard somebody saying the same thing happened at another game recently, Ireland shouting fuck off at McLeish mid-game. This time Ireland was taken off at half time and we come out looking like a different team..

Stan Collymore just tweeted this, and I presume it's being discussed on Talksport now ( I dont listen to it)

Couldn't believe how many Villa players were back chatting to McLeish through the game. Can't be very healthy..

Not good to hear, and I'm willing to hedge my bets on the players dissenting were the usual suspects.. but atm it is all rumours but two 'journos' have both mentioned it today. Suffice to say I would quite like a new manager if McLeish has lost the dressing room.
Rumours circulating about the players having a little bit of a backlash versus McLeish today. First about 25 minutes into the game this appeared by Simon Bird from The Mirror (yes, I know... the mirror)

'McLeish furious with Ireland for not cutting out cross. Told him so then Ireland 2x shouted back F-off to his manager. #avfc'

But I'm sure I heard somebody saying the same thing happened at another game recently, Ireland shouting fuck off at McLeish mid-game. This time Ireland was taken off at half time and we come out looking like a different team..

Stan Collymore just tweeted this, and I presume it's being discussed on Talksport now ( I dont listen to it)

Couldn't believe how many Villa players were back chatting to McLeish through the game. Can't be very healthy..

Not good to hear, and I'm willing to hedge my bets on the players dissenting were the usual suspects.. but atm it is all rumours but two 'journos' have both mentioned it today. Suffice to say I would quite like a new manager if McLeish has lost the dressing room.

Then you said this:

Yeah good point actually. The entire defence needs to go. And Ireland if he is causing problems (hopefully once the defence have gone he wont make a problem)

So one minute the Manager has to go, then it is Ireland.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal