collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 58333 times)

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
Re: Radio WM
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 10:02:03 PM »
I work with and know all the Wm presenters so I can bring some of these points to their attention if anyone was interested

Offline luke25

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012, 10:13:42 PM »
Radio Wolves Media.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012, 10:16:44 PM »
I listen to that phone in every week.They are completely biased towards the other teams. However Franks does tend to defend Mcleish. Is it me or is it the same callers every week. Paul the bluenose from Shrewsbury and the same Walsall fan phones up every single week

The bluenose who says mate every other three words.
"Its like watching Barcelona mate"
"We're going up mate"
"Can I have a bronx hat mate,sorry Paul mate I thought you were Tom mate"

*shudders*

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2012, 10:24:12 PM »
I don't detect any anti-Villa feeling off WM but it does come across as a Wolves station nowadays. I listened to the goals on the following Monday after our game against Wolves and did it sound as if a non midland team had scored against them.

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2012, 10:33:08 PM »
I stopped listening to all local radio years ago, they're all as bad as each other.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2012, 10:46:49 PM »
Hardly like when we were in the European Cup and those at home told me that Tony Butler was calling for 'all Viila fans, get on your knees and Hail Saunders of the Villa.'

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2012, 10:58:36 PM »
I listen to that phone in every week.They are completely biased towards the other teams. However Franks does tend to defend Mcleish. Is it me or is it the same callers every week. Paul the bluenose from Shrewsbury and the same Walsall fan phones up every single week

We get Dave from Bloxwich representing us.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2012, 11:01:37 PM »
I drove passed the Drakes Drum today and it took me back to the BRMB phone in days when Ashok (I think) used to call in from the DD and take the piss out of Rom Toss.  I believe he is now resting in peace (Ashok that is).

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2012, 11:02:48 PM »
I drove passed the Drakes Drum today and it took me back to the BRMB phone in days when Ashok (I think) used to call in from the DD and take the piss out of Rom Toss.  I believe he is now resting in peace (Ashok that is).

Quite a few years ago.

Offline Grande Pablo

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2012, 11:04:14 PM »
It's appalling radio - I continue to subject myself to it driving home from work just on the off change they have uncovered some jouranlistic revelation.  I think the last, & indeed only time they did this was when they broke the news of the signing of Sasa Curcic upon hearing which I genuinely punched the air with delight.

I can't listen to Franks - appalling broadcaster who says 'Er' all the time.  No fluency.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2012, 11:21:10 PM »
Mebbe just me but i've always thought WM was  mainly concerned about Westbrom/Wolves while BRMB was Villa/Blose. Probably a not deliberate policy by either station but thats how it panned out with thel ikes of tom ross and george gavin

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2012, 11:31:59 PM »
They make a drama out of everything, that is their policy.  And another thing they spend about 15 minutes at the start of every show explaining what type of calls they are looking for, then they get about 6 callers (the exact same ones every night) in.  Plus a text or email from Ann in Wolverhampton, the thick cow sometimes makes an appearance on the phone.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2012, 11:33:45 PM »
Remember that woman who was on when we signed Darren Bent, saying we should have got Kenny Miller on loan?

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2012, 01:12:16 AM »
Lee, the Albion fan.

Roight, I'll tell you this about the Albion, Franksy (insert five minute, close to tears, diatribe here). Ta'ra. *slams down phone*

Every pissing week. I'm sure he phones Tom Ross as well.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2012, 07:18:14 AM »
Lee, the Albion fan.

Roight, I'll tell you this about the Albion, Franksy (insert five minute, close to tears, diatribe here). Ta'ra. *slams down phone*

Every pissing week. I'm sure he phones Tom Ross as well.
Is he the one with the high-pitched voice?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal