collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stephen Warnock - loaned to Bolton Wanderers (reply #231)  (Read 65658 times)

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
Re: Stephen Warnock
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2012, 01:56:28 PM »
That shocking error aside, Warnock didn't do too much wrong last night.  Booing him doesn't help at all but I think it was the frustration of an entire season of generally poor performances.

It would be interesting to know AM's thinking on Enda Stevens as the general consensus on here is that it's too soon for him to be thrown in to the first team.  So you'd like to think AM has a plan for introducing him over time - I'm just not sure I can cope with Warnock week-in, week-out until that time comes.

Online tony9954

« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2012, 01:59:25 PM »
When Warnock went down after a tackle in the middle of the pitch not long after the og, the bloke next but one seat to me in Trinity block B3 shouted 'hope you've broken your f******g leg Warnock'
I replied 'Idiot, why would you wish that on him?' but he carried on hurling abuse at him.
You do despair at our own fans sometimes.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2012, 02:10:57 PM »
When Warnock went down after a tackle in the middle of the pitch not long after the og, the bloke next but one seat to me in Trinity block B3 shouted 'hope you've broken your f******g leg Warnock'
I replied 'Idiot, why would you wish that on him?' but he carried on hurling abuse at him.

You must be near us then. I heard similar comments and replied that at least Warnock did not bottle out of the challenge as many others would have done.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2012, 02:24:32 PM »
Would anyone use Warnock as a Central DM? I think he's played there before. At least his mistakes would be further up the field!

Online stubbsyandy

« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2012, 02:27:12 PM »
Would anyone use Warnock as a Central DM? I think he's played there before. At least his mistakes would be further up the field!

No...he can't pass

Offline Steve kirk

« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2012, 02:35:54 PM »
I have been a massive critic of Warnock on here in recent weeks but cannot condone booing him, we should never boo our own, however I can fully understand the frustrations and anger as he just gets worse and worse and costs us goals and points, he should be taken away from the first team for the forseeable future, what have we got to lose by giving either Lichaj or Baker a run in the team, something just has to be done about him and quick.       

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2012, 03:02:41 PM »
I remember Warnock playing in midfield for Coventry & Blackburn and looking very decent.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2012, 03:09:56 PM »
Fuck it. He can't be as bad at CM as he is at LB.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2012, 03:14:13 PM »

I'm on the Holte and heard someone by me say the same thing. I'm sure many more said it around the ground.

Offline jembob

« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2012, 03:18:01 PM »

He played in midfield against us a few years ago for Blackburn at VP and scored a really good goal - at the time I remember thinking what a good player he was. I know that there's a very good footballer in there somewhere but he's clearly got a confidence crisis. Last night's howler angered me - he clearly hasn't learned from the mistake he made against Everton and even if he was unsighted, his defender's instinct should be to clear the ball and not steer it powerfully into the bottom corner.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2012, 03:36:24 PM »
Talent is nothing without hunger, workrate, desire and confidence. If Stephen got Ian Taylor's heart and desire he would be loved by us.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2012, 03:36:40 PM »

No...he can't pass

He could pass it to the nearest person, rather than trying to split defences.

Offline rutski

« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2012, 04:58:13 PM »

I'm on the Holte and heard someone by me say the same thing. I'm sure many more said it around the ground.
and all of them wankers!

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2012, 05:07:57 PM »
The problem we have is the question of who to replace him with. Clark is needed in midfield (as we saw against Wolves), Baker wasn't that impressive last season IMO and Stevens isn't even making the bench (which considering how much of a car crash Warnock is you'd think we'd have a back up LB on the bench. So we are probably looking at playing someone like N'Zogbia out of position or playing the free agent market (do we have the latitude wages wise?).

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2012, 05:10:58 PM »
The problem we have is the question of who to replace him with. Clark is needed in midfield (as we saw against Wolves), Baker wasn't that impressive last season IMO and Stevens isn't even making the bench (which considering how much of a car crash Warnock is you'd think we'd have a back up LB on the bench. So we are probably looking at playing someone like N'Zogbia out of position or playing the free agent market (do we have the latitude wages wise?).

That's the thing.

The powers that be decided that we couldn't / shouldn't buy a new one in January, so we have to make do with what we have. Which isn't a lot in that position.

Probably N'Zogbia is the most experienced as he played there for Newcastle.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal